Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

im* new to windows phone, and nokia. i had an iphone 4 before i ordered the Lumia 920. Should i get a case?
    I have a pretty active lifestyle, i snowboard a lot during the winter, I am going to college, and i like to be active.
    How durable is the 920 and the gorilla glass?
    Last edited by jbwpcentral; 11-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.

is you don't mind micro scratches and tiny dings - no.

If you are completely OCD about your phone - yes.

But ask yourself, what looks better? A beautifully designed, naked 920 with maybe a micro scratch here or there, or some $20 case?
    socialcarpet likes this.
    In a related note...does anyone know if a case actually exists for it yet? My local at&t store didn't have any and BB didn't have any accessories for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weisberg View Post
    In a related note...does anyone know if a case actually exists for it yet? My local at&t store didn't have any and BB didn't have any accessories for it yet.
    There's one on amazon for 3.99 + free shipping, i got it just incase, but i dont think im going to use it unless im snowboarding.

Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Protective Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black: Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by jbwpcentral View Post
    i new to windows phone, and nokia. i had an iphone 4 before i ordered the Lumia 920. Should i get a case?
    I have a pretty active lifestyle, i snowboard a lot during the winter, I am going to college, and i like to be active.
    How durable is the 920 and the gorilla glass?
    Go with Zagg.com

I was gonna do a clear cover like zagg, but matte finish... no go.

Quote Originally Posted by bauerbach View Post
    I was gonna do a clear cover like zagg, but matte finish... no go.
    I'm using it on my L900, the back side and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by nico002 View Post
    is you don't mind micro scratches and tiny dings - no.

If you are completely OCD about your phone - yes.

But ask yourself, what looks better? A beautifully designed, naked 920 with maybe a micro scratch here or there, or some $20 case?
    I'm not so sure. I've had a Samsung Focus for 2 years now with no case and it's darn near perfect. I've taken it on motorcycle rides, ski trips, all over the place with no problems. After 2 years there are only 2 'blemishes' on the phone. One of those is on the screen, but is literally invisible unless you turn the screen off and bring the phone within 3 inches of your face and hold it at a specific angle so the light shines correctly. Basically, it's not even worth mentioning and it won't even show up when I take a picture of it on my digital camera.

Basically, I'm not buying a case or anything.
    Otterbox makes really rugged cases if you are concerned about damage from drops. Lumia 920 Cases

Just bought my wife her Red phone. I paid the upgrade price of $350 (only 6 months into contract), but they included a surround or bumper case and a usb cable. It's a red and black bumper. It made the phone look really nice and I feel it's a compromise for those that wish to put something to protect and for those that wish to show off the color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000751.jpg  

My Wife ordered a wallet/case for her Yellow Lumia 920. It's not something you'd keep the phone in while using it, but it's still a nice option for our significant others that keep their smartphones in their purse/handbag.

LCD Film Black Wallet Stand Leather Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 Card Slot | eBay
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by texantony View Post
    Just bought my wife her Red phone. I paid the upgrade price of $350 (only 6 months into contract), but they included a surround or bumper case and a usb cable. It's a red and black bumper. It made the phone look really nice and I feel it's a compromise for those that wish to put something to protect and for those that wish to show off the color.
    i want that!! att gave that to you?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by mrshamoozoo View Post
    i want that!! att gave that to you?
    Yes. he said because I bought it for $350 that it comes with it, lol. They had that and an all black. Brand is Belkin. Another store I went to had a blue and white one, which I think i'm going to buy for my blue phone
    atlbuc likes this.

No. Part of the reason for switching to Lumia is how much more stylish and elegant they are.

Can you take a pic from the front of the phone with the bumper on? just curious as to how it looks from the front. I like the bumper and thinking about getting it for my Lumia 920.

You bought it at the ATT store? how much did it cost?

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    I wouldnt rape the 920 with a case. Maybe for the times you go snowboarding or something, but normal days? Pfff
    ColeHarris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Can you take a pic from the front of the phone with the bumper on? just curious as to how it looks from the front. I like the bumper and thinking about getting it for my Lumia 920.

You bought it at the ATT store? how much did it cost?
    Here are a couple of shots from the front. (and reuploaded the back shot to keep photos together) Oh, and yes, I bought it at an AT&T store. The price on the box says $35 but like I said, they included that plus a pink USB cord with the purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_000757.jpg   wp_000758.jpg   wp_000751.jpg  

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'm hoping Nokia releases the Gel Case for the 920 like they did for the 900. It added such little buck that you hardly noticed it was on there. I preferred it over any other case I've ever had for any phone. It gave it just a little bit of extra grip on it as well. I find the matte finish on the polycarbonate body to be a little slick at times. So, that's the one I'll wait for.

I'm hoping Piel Frama decides to release one of their cases for the Lumia 920 and if they do I'll be picking one up. They're expensive but the leather and craftsmanship is exceptional and they look and feel great.

Here is the red iMagnum for the Lumia 900 that would look great with the red Lumia 920 :D:

Piel Frama 568 iMagnum Red Leather Case for Nokia Lumia 900
    palandri and pjs37 like this.
    Here are a couple of shots from the front. (and reuploaded the back shot to keep photos together) Oh, and yes, I bought it at an AT&T store. The price on the box says $35 but like I said, they included that plus a pink USB cord with the purchase.
    Thanks bro, looks awesome! am definitely picking one of these up.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Thanks bro, looks awesome! am definitely picking one of these up.
    No problem and let us know what colors you see because every store I went to I saw different cases. I did see a nice white/blue for my cyan phone when I get it.

I picked up the Speck case they had at my Omaha AT&T store. It leaves the screen open...which is nice for touch responsiveness and has a rubber edge that protrudes beyond the screen so if you flip it over on the face, the glass isn't hitting the table. The back is black just like my phone and looks nice to me. The sides of buttons are rubbery and easy to press...and the black case is trimmed in a nice silver/gray that compliments the design...in my opinion. Worth the basic protection for edge dings/scratches that I tend to do with my phones...just sliding them in and out of my pocket or jacket.

For the original poster (OP as the hip kids say), I'd get an Otterbox and can swear by those cases sealing your phone up like a protective glove. My wife is abusive with tech...and this protects her phone like a champ. Not saying you'd be abusive, yet snowboarding and other wet activities can cause the phone havoc if accidentally dropped in the snow (which is what I'd do if I was snowboarding). Otterbox will protect you for sure...and no, I'm not an Otterbox representative...just a lowly .NET developer in Omaha.

I called Incipio to see if they'll release a Feather case for the 920, but they were sorta "wait and see" about it... :@

I loved that case on my iPhone - very, very minimal added thickness in exchange for very decent protection. I don't want armor - just a bit of a shield...

My guess is they didn't sell many for the 900 and they are wondering whether to invest in the tooling for the 920. (If anyone from Incipio is reading this, the answer is YES!!!!!)
    try "ArmorSuit", i ordered one, from what i gather it's a way better material than zagg, and doesn't have the horrible orange peel effect zagg does.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast