Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just went on GSM Nation and saw this on the front page. :excl:

    Nokia Lumia 920 Black

    It also lists the AWS 1700 band.

    Oh, jeez, my bad... I just noticed that this one and a white one they had are out of stock. :-/
    palandri likes this.
  2. dumeng's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #2  
    Very good news for me.. I have my friend to LA next week, hope they have unlocked device..
  3.    #3  
    Looks like they'll be restocking them soon.
    palandri likes this.
  4. justop26's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    467 Posts
    #4  
    Back in stock.
  5. Mediademics's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #5  
    AT&T unlocked? Not sure how that can be. Might be them misstating off contract.
  6. TexasLabRat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    AT&T unlocked? Not sure how that can be. Might be them misstating off contract.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Before ordering I would ask for confirmation and get in writing that if it turns out to be locked that they will pay for return shipping and waive any restocking fees.
  7. moonboy509's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #7  
    They kidding? So nokia 920 att can be unlock and use for 1700hz?
  8. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #8  
    That Lumia is international version and we all know that version will mostly the same with the AT&T is selling right now, however, the different is that AT&T version is locked into AT&T network, and this device is unlocked so we can freely use it anywhere. Even though it is unlocked, this won't work with T-Mo because it does not contains the 1700 Mhz. It is a typo on this version from GSMNation. Only the Roger or dev has AWS band.
  9.    #9  
    I guess someone would have to contact someone from GSM Nation to confirm the bands.
  10. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    I guess someone would have to contact someone from GSM Nation to confirm the bands.
    They will probably say this is an mistake. As far as I know, dev and Roger are 2 devices that have AWS and both of them only come in black, so that other color won't be these. Second, their website has not been update since Nokia fixed the AWS band in their global specs sheet. GSM Nation once listed the device without AWS, after that, before the AT&T launch date, they changed it and included the AWS band. However, if you select carrier on the side drop box, it said everything working with GSM carriers in US but LTE is not working, even though it suppose to carry the LTE band of AT&T. Before that, I used that and it came out with all check marks on every carrier. So either this is a glitch in their system or their specs sheet is wrong.
    Harry Wild likes this.
  11. m0rfyn3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #11  
    Hi I'm from Brunei and I checked with GSM Nation about if it is really unlocked and this is their reply:

    "The phone can only be fully unlocked or not unlocked at all. To that end all of our phones will work on all GSM networks worldwide including DSTcome and Bmobile."

    I don't know, looks like a non-answer answer... Has anyone bought it from them and verified that it works outside AT&T?
  12. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0rfyn3 View Post
    Hi I'm from Brunei and I checked with GSM Nation about if it is really unlocked and this is their reply:

    "The phone can only be fully unlocked or not unlocked at all. To that end all of our phones will work on all GSM networks worldwide including DSTcome and Bmobile."

    I don't know, looks like a non-answer answer... Has anyone bought it from them and verified that it works outside AT&T?
    What we're all looking at these phones is the ability to use data in our favorite choice of network. Normally, voice will work if phone is unlocked and these phones are unlocked. However, this variant might not be able to use data with some carrier because it misses some frequencies.
  13. gkkwp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #13  
    Hey everyone ! Thank you for pre-ordering the Lumia 920 from GSM Nation. We have some fantastic news for you. We are pleased to be the first retailer in the US to offer the AT&T unlocked version of the Lumia 920. This version sports the same capabilities as the international version and has a small AT&T logo on the top left of the phone. The Lumia 920 is now available on our website and we are offering free shipping anywhere in the world. Please note that when you place your order we will charge you the shipping but it will be refunded immediately as soon as the order is processed and shipped. The Lumia ships within 24 hours of orders being placed. Supply is limited and the phones are going out fast on a first come first serve basis for our many pre-orders. So get on it ! Your new Lumia is waiting here


    ------------
    I have ordered one for me, I will provide an update as soon as my phone arrives!!
    Can't wait anymore!!
  14. moonboy509's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #14  
    so do you unlock att lunia 920 ?
  15. gkkwp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkkwp View Post
    Hey everyone ! Thank you for pre-ordering the Lumia 920 from GSM Nation. We have some fantastic news for you. We are pleased to be the first retailer in the US to offer the AT&T unlocked version of the Lumia 920. This version sports the same capabilities as the international version and has a small AT&T logo on the top left of the phone. The Lumia 920 is now available on our website and we are offering free shipping anywhere in the world. Please note that when you place your order we will charge you the shipping but it will be refunded immediately as soon as the order is processed and shipped. The Lumia ships within 24 hours of orders being placed. Supply is limited and the phones are going out fast on a first come first serve basis for our many pre-orders. So get on it ! Your new Lumia is waiting here


    ------------
    I have ordered one for me, I will provide an update as soon as my phone arrives!!
    Can't wait anymore!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonboy509 View Post
    so do you unlock att lunia 920 ?
    I dont unlock. I got the above email from gsmnation.com and I have ordered a phone for me.
  16. zukirin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #16  
    Unlocked AT&T phone? How is that possible?

    I'm not familiar with the process of unlocking phones but I thought that AT&T had codes in their system that would not appear for another 6 months (judging from previous models such as the 900).

    Just wondering if this means that there is a way to unlock off-contract bought 920's. ;)
  17. jmajid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #17  
    so the price went up since yesterday to match the negri electronics price...
    well, now its back to waiting for the amazon penny to drop :)
    (still waiting gsm naation email to confirm its truly unlocked)
  18. Tk Chan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #18  
    Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

    I found this btw.. website looks legit, not sure about the service.. I tried to E-mail them but no reply back yet
  19. theeboredone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    #19  
    Always gonna be skeptical until someone proves me wrong.
  20. ouchyoung's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tk Chan View Post
    Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

    I found this btw.. website looks legit, not sure about the service.. I tried to E-mail them but no reply back yet
    I got their reply that they cannot unlock the phone right now. Normally, they can unlock a phone within 24 hours after the purchase, however, they announced this for 5-8 business days for unlocking it. It seems that they are still finding a way to make this working. So I don't trust they can unlock it in a short time. Will wait until they announce a short time or somebody get successfully unlocked from their code.
  21. gkkwp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch7 View Post
    I got their reply that they cannot unlock the phone right now. Normally, they can unlock a phone within 24 hours after the purchase, however, they announced this for 5-8 business days for unlocking it. It seems that they are still finding a way to make this working. So I don't trust they can unlock it in a short time. Will wait until they announce a short time or somebody get successfully unlocked from their code.
    I had ordered an AT&T unlocked phone for me from GSM Nation. I was shocked to see last evening that the web page containing the details of this AT&T unlocked phone is removed and only the International unlocked version is available which is $150 more than the AT&T unlocked version. I called them up today and asked them regarding this. They said, they're unable to unlock the AT&T phones for some reason so they will send me an International unlocked version as soon as the stock arrives tomorrow.
  22. ouchyoung's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #22  
    Congratulations!
  23. phonegeeks's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #23  
    OMG OMG OMG!! I just received my Lumia 920 from gsm nation and its just beautiful! And yes it is factory unlocked.
  24. Dr. Bombay's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by phonegeeks View Post
    OMG OMG OMG!! I just received my Lumia 920 from gsm nation and its just beautiful! And yes it is factory unlocked.
    Can you check the label on the box to see what LTE Bands are supported? I would assume that this would support the Euro LTE bands and not the NA ones.

    Thanks!
  25. MDak280's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    #25  
    Did they send you guys your color of choice, or just a black one? I wonder... maybe expansys would do something similar? They still have the ATT "Unlocked" version on their site for $619. Or do you guys think they would just give me a refund?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B