Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Lumia 920 satisfaction survey

Voters
765. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very happy and strongly recommend it to friends

    467 61.05%
  • Happy with it. No much complaint

    176 23.01%
  • Average just a normal smartphone, with some pros and cons

    60 7.84%
  • It performs worse than some of my previous phone (including other os)

    35 4.58%
  • Not good, better switch to other smartphone

    27 3.53%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 147
Like Tree29Likes
  1. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #51  
    Finally LUMIA 920 is going to be sold in Singapore in December... so looking forward to.
  2. jivy26's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #52  
    I personally love the phone and I'm trying to get the wife to convert from sgs3 as well..one thing I dislike is that the stock kb doesn't always show predictive text in some applications and makes it annoying to correct mispelled words because you can't just click on a certain part of the word and change that particular letter.

    I did a hard reset as another user suggested and battery life after the gym this morning is 90% instead of 79-80%. So I recommend hard reset when you first get the phone.
  3. NewbeJoe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #53  
    Just a note in case anyone has an issue; I got my 920 on the 10th and on the 12th the Camera stopped working. Not sure why but any app that tried accessing the camera would dump me out to the "Start" Screen. Even accessing it directly via the Camera button would do the same. A reboot did not resolve it, however if i turned the phone off and lightly popped it around the lens area with my knuckle, it started working again. I can only assume that the camera may have been stuck in ankward spot preventing it from functioning correctly. Either the focus or Optical Stabilization. It has not acted up since though and I use the camera often. Still love the phone.
  4. o1legacygt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #54  
    My only complaint is about AT&T. I must say this is the worst customer service I have ever seen. I wouldnt mind if the prices were reduced in lieu of poor customer service. However, the high prices and very poor customer service just kills me. Im actually considering trying to utilize the 14 day window to return and wait for phone to become unlocked and just use on T-Mobile network.

    I know I love the phone enough to pay full price of 700+USD
  5. Juiblex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #55  
    I like the phone (hardware), Nokia did an excellent job with it. I am loving the speed of LTE too. Amazing. But...
    Now I am more often running into things that are making me feel more and more disappointed then excited. I seriously think with the music player they had a meeting and said that is the least someone can live with feature wise. I cannot think of a system in my home/work/car that plays music or video and does not come with a stop button. I was adding/removing some music via usb but had to go in and manually delete it on the phone because it was read only due to the fact it was still in use even though I had stopped playing music awhile ago.

    And the file sorting is borderline non functional its so bad. I want to play an album with various artists, nope I have to add each artist on the album to the now playing one by one or make a play list. I don't know why developers exclude the play by folder like its a sin in media players.

    My latest annoyance is the downloading of files through the browser, exe files apparently are not allowed, I wish I had a list of files Microsoft allows us to download because I don't know what else I am not allowed to do. And apparently there is the same issue with email attachments.

    Overall I think I will stay with it. Hope I will find less issues and more goodies as time goes on. If not I think I'll go back to my android OS.
  6. viedit's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #56  
    My initial battery issues appear to have self resolved, or I'm not using some app or function that I was using last week. So I can scratch that off the list of concerns at this point. I still find the daytime camera performance very dissapointing given the hype and quality of hardware put into the device. In normal lighting I'd rather use my old iPhone. It's just a better shooter in those situations. The video however on the Lumia is fantastic. It takes incredible videos for a "compromise" device like a phone. It's one of the most solidly built devices that will likely hold up to daily wear and tear better than any other device I've used and the app suite from Nokia is excellent. The navigation and music apps are very nice bonus items for the brand.

    Most of my issues revolve around the OS and the state of the WP8 ecosystem. I came from a very mature platform (iOS) and just am not able to fully accept the absence of apps that I used on a daily basis. Fantasy sports from first party developers, native controller for my Sonos system, EA branded games, Days of Wonder games, quality education apps for my young kids, Citrix receiver, some vendor specific things for work, ect. I'm just missing A LOT of apps that I can get on the other other two big platforms.

    In addition to that there's just a lot of small things that add up that I find frustrating. IE 10 is not a polished browser. The link recognition and responsiveness of the browser to understand that I clicked a link just isn't up to iOS. Clicking on links in forums can take two or three taps before I hit the magical spot where it understands that it' a URL instead of highlighting the entire cell of the thread description. Tapping short links embedded in other text is completely useless unless you pinch and scroll in. It's just a very "dumb" browswer compare to what I was used to. It's also missing a "tap to top" function that I used all of the time in Mobile Safari to auto scroll to the top of pages.

    The calendar function is terribly limited and they can't even take the time to publish the contents in English let alone let me pinch to zoom in and read what is in the 30 day calendar.

    And good luck reading a PDF attachment from an Email. I'm using the MS provided app for it (not even supported native by the OS? really?) and you can't even zoom in to read text. It's useless.

    There's a lot I do like about the OS. Live tiles are excellent ways to convey information and function. And it gives me the freedom to devote the real estate space for the stuff I want instead of having a sea of similar sized icons. Add in the dynamic data that can be provided in them and it just simply is a better way to work than iOS or Android. I really like it. The hubs/people function is also very nice and something that is unique and very cool. It's a great way to organize your different groups of friends/family and keep that information seperated out.

    I'm just having troubles accepting the "cons" of the platform at this time. I just felt like the entire thing was rushed to make a push for the Christmas season. It was obviously a great upgrade for people already in the ecosystem or a great introduction to a smart phone for new users, but I just don't see a lot of Apple or Android in particular people coming over and staying. The immaturity of the ecosystem is going to drive them batty.
  7. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #57  
    Seems like the satisfaction level of lumia 920 is very high to near 90%, but number of complain threads occupy big portion of the forum, are they not voting here?
  8. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by o1legacygt View Post
    My only complaint is about AT&T. I must say this is the worst customer service I have ever seen. I wouldnt mind if the prices were reduced in lieu of poor customer service. However, the high prices and very poor customer service just kills me. Im actually considering trying to utilize the 14 day window to return and wait for phone to become unlocked and just use on T-Mobile network.

    I know I love the phone enough to pay full price of 700+USD
    So you're going to pay $700 for a phone that you will use on a network that costs $60-70 a month versus getting the phone for $99 on a network that costs $100 a month?

    Did you do the math? Over the course of a 2 year contract you'll save MAYBE $200 at most. For that you are getting an inferior network with no LTE and less coverage than AT&T or Verizon and using a phone they don't sell and probably won't be able/willing to support.
  9. cameradork's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    555 Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccube1 View Post
    Seems like the satisfaction level of lumia 920 is very high to near 90%, but number of complain threads occupy big portion of the forum, are they not voting here?
    I think it's because there's very little to complain about when it comes to the Lumia 920 as a device. Aside from defective hardware which is easily returned/exchanged, the bulk of the complaining has to do with WP8 and the lack of x feature or y app, or weird quirks, bugs and usability issues that are always there in early versions of any software. I'm sure a device-independent survey that was only about WP8 would show very different numbers.
  10. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccube1 View Post
    Seems like the satisfaction level of lumia 920 is very high to near 90%, but number of complain threads occupy big portion of the forum, are they not voting here?
    No it's just that the complainers are more vocal. Most people will not post just to say "the phone is great, I love it, no problems!"
  11. Nismo7's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #61  
    what kind of enterprise? It works flawlessly in my enterprise environment.
  12. ccube1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
       #62  
    have all the users voted ? :P
  13. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    893 Posts
    #63  
    Doesn't seem like I can vote on board express, I'll be back for my vote
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
  14. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    Doesn't seem like I can vote on board express, I'll be back for my vote
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    same
  15. Venugopal T's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #65  
    good one to iphone, u wont regret. best phots too.
  16. Shinigami26's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    Honestly, I can see how people who previous owned WP devices like WP 8 a lot. Even if you switched from iOS, you'll probably really like it. However, if you, like me, came over from Android, it may be a different situation. I bought the Lumia because it's the only LTE device available here for the launch of the new 4G network in December.

    For me, it's the most schizophrenic device I've ever seen:

    - great (even excellent) hardware
    - the best camera I've ever seen in a mobile phone
    - excellent screen.
    - heavy. I complained about this in other threads, but now I've gotten used to the weight and I actually like the heft.

    However:

    - I've been feeling like I'm wearing a straight-jacket ever since I started using WP8. What this OS does, it does well. However, it does VERY LITTLE. Except for moving colorful little blocks, I can't customize it whatsoever. I just fail to see what Microsoft mean by "personalization" in this context. Having the Whatsapp icon in the top right rather than in the bottom left corner isn't exactly my idea of a "personal" homescreen.

    I'm not one of those Android users who installs custom ROMs etc, but after installing 20 apps on the Lumia, the whole device is a mess. The homescreen is a mess, and don't even get me started on the apps list.

    So yes, I'll be selling mine, even though that means that I'll lose LTE functionality. I'll definitely check out WP8 again in a year or so - perhaps by then, Microsoft has found a way to organize apps on the OS and maybe they'll also have introduced a notification system and VPN by then.

    I know that this is going to strike a nerve with you guys - but I just don't see how Microsoft is going to gain market-share with the OS as it presents itself right now. I have the feeling that a year from now, Nokia will be gone (or will have been eaten by Samsung, HTC, or even Microsoft itself) and WP8 will still be at 0.5% market-share.
    This is just a bunch of opinions honestly, coming from ios the WP8 homescreen is a revelation, I can have all the apps and information that I actually use, front and center continuously updating. "Does very little" what about being updated in real time? Explain to me what you consider so customizable about android, it came down to the nexus 4 and the lumia for me, both were awesome but I went with the lumia because of the homescreen, not in spite of it. "perhaps by then, Microsoft has found a way to organize apps on the OS" what you mean like alphabetically? They already do that... Or would you prefer Ios "bubbles within bubbles" method, how many apps do you really use? I mean honestly, I feel like people ***** about the apps thing too much when most people i know have apps for apps sake. Just your opinion and I understand and appreciate your point of view but some of what you're saying makes no sense.
  17. asiaexpat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #67  
    im coming from a lumia 710.

    i love the extra real estate on the 920, the great camera, and the fact that if i set the text size to the max i can read emails, sms etc. without putting on my reading glasses.

    waiting for a few apps but they are already in the pipeline
  18. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    893 Posts
    #68  
    Definitely happy customer recommending everyone to get it. My student's father wants WP8 badly and I showed him my phone today he was jealous, haha.
  19. dudedud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #69  
    you should return it, Nokia told me that is a design defect. My current phone doesn't have the rattle sound.
  20. theta orionis's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #70  
    A little over a month and still happy. No reboots or battery drain; just pure wp8 goodness :)
    david90531 likes this.
  21. Shinigami26's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #71  
    Damn I hate to do this, but I have to retract my Lumia recommendation, not even a week after I got the phone, I cannot receive text messages from anyone. You would think this was a network issue right? As did I, until I spent 3 hours with AT&T on the phone, only to have them tell me that it's the phone itself... I really was starting to enjoy the device, I even got over the terrible maps & drive interplay (no audible street names WTF???), confusing navigation on IE, all because I loved the phone especially in cyan. Now here I am unable to do basic phone functions... never again Nokia... Never again
  22. ericjojo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #72  
    Sad news... My Lumia 920 just fell flat on a ceramic tile and my screen is badly cracked. Been to Nokia stores here in Nigeria and they done have the screens yet. I'm so sad and confused, I really need help. Any suggestions please?
  23. YeahMon360's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #73  
    Could not vote because no option for good phone, crap OS
  24. Steven Ealy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #74  
    I will say that the phone is far from perfect, but i still like it very much for my tastes. One of the biggest surprises I found out after owning the phone is that everything was the complete opposite of what the public said it was.

    What they said: The phone is too heavy

    What I found: I am have a slim frame (6'2" 155 pounds) and I have not experienced any wrist cramping symptoms while owning this phone for 5 months now. The real problem with the phone is not that its too heavy, but rather that its too slippery! The polycarbonate finish has caused me from time to time to drop my phone on hardened floors (at least 3 times now!).

    What they said: The battery life is poor

    What I found: Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, and NFC are turned on by default. Of course its going to kill battery life. A simple Windows 8 app can be setup on your start screen to quickly turn off these battery-hogging features on demand. The built-in battery saver app helps as well by preventing background apps from running, as well as turning of automatic synchronization of emails. Also, turning off wifi when turning cellular, and turning off cellular data when using Wifi can boost your battery life 1-2% additionally because its not wasting unnecessary battery life looking for access points/updates. WIth heavy use I have been averaging 6-8 hours of battery life, with moderate use, between 8-10 hours, with average use, between 1 1/2 to 2 days. I have noticed that the life of the battery depends a lot on how contiguously you use it. Surf the web in four 15 minute increments and you might find the battery life has decreased 10%. Surf the web for an hour straight and you'll notice the battery life has gone down 15%. The hotter the phone gets, the faster the battery drains.

    What they said: The camera is very good

    What I found: The camera can be very disappointing in all scenarios if you don't know how to operate the camera. The built-in camera app for Windows Phone just doesn't cut it for night time photography. No matter what mode I used (auto, night, portrait, etc) my low light photos turned out like crap. It wasn't until I found a beautiful (paid, ugh) app called ProShot that allowed me to manually adjust the shutter speed, iso, EV balance that my night photos started turning out acceptable. Given acceptable lightning the camera does shine at producing HD quality photos, but consumers are in for a rude awakening when they find out the stock settings aren't very good.

    What they said: The phone is practically indestructible.

    What I found: The torture tests used on YouTube/Internet are very biased in general. If you understand the laws of physics and mineralogy you'll understand why these tests always pass. One thing to take into consideration is the Mohs scale of minerals in general. The Nokia Lumia 920 is built with standard Corning Gorilla Glass that creates a scratch "resistant" barrier to common objects on your screen. This gorilla glass has a stated Mohs scale of 6.8. Why is it that someone can take a sharp knife (or their car keys) and slice at the phone without any scratches appearing?! Brass and nickel plated objects like coins, keys, and utility knives have a Mohs rating between 3-5 and because of this they can never scratch the phone! Finally as far as the drop test is concerned, most of the ones I found were unfavorably landing on the polycarbonate side of the phone, which because of its durable build quality will not affect the functionality of the phone. The point of doing a drop test is to see if the frame survives, but most importantly if the screen survives. You cannot control when you drop your phone, or how it will drop. Thats why its called an accident. Here is visual proof that dropping your lumia 920 on its screen can completely ruin it.

    nokia-lumia-920-dropped-zxpouvias-reddit.jpg

    What they said: Windows Phone 8 suffers from a lack of quintessential apps.

    What I found: Our consumerist society makes it nearly impossible for Windows Phone 8 to put a dent in the market right out of the gate. Developers are reluctant to create apps on the Windows Phone platform because 95% of their target audience use Android and iOS platforms. It's even more difficult to switch to Windows Phone even for the casual user because that one single essential app is not available for the Windows Phone 8 platform. My co-worker said he wouldn't switch from his iPhone because Windows Phone did not have instagram or Pandora radio. My sister would not switch simply because there is no Google Play. Microsoft can do 99% of everything correctly, but its that 1% that's the most prohibitive. App count is a very important factor you cannot rule out. It's not that its important who can create the most apps, but rather who has garnered the most attention from developers. The developer potential is there, because coding a Windows Phone offers a similar Microsoft-based programming environment, but if nobody knows the door is open, they will lock you out for life. I hope it doesn't come down to that! The Windows Phone 8 platform is a beautiful OS and the hardware complements the software elegantly.
    HaibaneReki and rocwest like this.
  25. nessinhaw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    310 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ealy View Post
    What they said: Windows Phone 8 suffers from a lack of quintessential apps.

    What I found: Our consumerist society makes it nearly impossible for Windows Phone 8 to put a dent in the market right out of the gate. Developers are reluctant to create apps on the Windows Phone platform because 95% of their target audience use Android and iOS platforms. It's even more difficult to switch to Windows Phone even for the casual user because that one single essential app is not available for the Windows Phone 8 platform. My co-worker said he wouldn't switch from his iPhone because Windows Phone did not have instagram or Pandora radio. My sister would not switch simply because there is no Google Play. Microsoft can do 99% of everything correctly, but its that 1% that's the most prohibitive. App count is a very important factor you cannot rule out. It's not that its important who can create the most apps, but rather who has garnered the most attention from developers. The developer potential is there, because coding a Windows Phone offers a similar Microsoft-based programming environment, but if nobody knows the door is open, they will lock you out for life. I hope it doesn't come down to that! The Windows Phone 8 platform is a beautiful OS and the hardware complements the software elegantly.
    i do not own a Lumia 920 (i have the 620) but i'm here to point out Pandora was launched for WP just yesterday! And why the heck your sis would want Google Play on another OS? that's the Google app store, it didn't make much sense to me lol
    HaibaneReki likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions