Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessorTripp

Like many others here I have been following the Nokia for a good while and am keen to dive in to my first Windows Phone. However, there still seem to be a number of issues I have noticed here that a real deal breakers for me. I realise that forums tend to concentrate experiences both good and bad, and I am aware that negative experiences and issues tend to dominate. However, there are some things that I would like assistance on. I accept that the new kernal and software will have a few bugs. But the following ite
    ms are bothering me.

Haptic feedback on buttons - I hate Haptic feedback and I need to know that it can be fully turned off. Does it do it when typing a text message too?

Dead pixels - even one would bother me. Can't put up with it full stop. I am assuming this is limited to a very small number of devices.

WiFi - do emails update in the background when screen is locked?

Brightness issues - grey whites and dull screens. This does bother me. The majority of shots I have seen look beautiful so I assume this is some rogue devices.

Lock up - seems a few here are reporting freezing, I do worry, it would be highly annoying and not something I could tolerate.

Camera - my main reason for sticking with this device is the camera, some shots seem great, and some seem like some real tweaking needs to be done.

Volume issues - various complaints that it is difficult to alter individual settings.

Light leak - this is something that 99% could live with. Sadly, I am in the 1% that couldn't

Vibration alert - not sure on this as I have not owned a Nokia for years so not sure how bad the sound is.

How often will these things be updated? Will they roll out regular fixes or would I have to wait for a major update?

Lastly, can I text in landscape
    Last edited by peachy001; 11-10-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I've had a full day of use so i'll provide some feedback.

I have a red 920 btw.

dead pixels: mine is perfect so far, no dead pixels

wifi: I have to have push email, so my emails do get delivered when i'm not using the phone and on wifi

brightness issue: what issue? easy to see outside too

lock up: haven't experienced yet

Camera: i like it so far, outside shots compared to my gs3 are about the same. Indoors I can use the 920 w/o flash

Volume issue: this is one thing that is a minor annoyance to me. I flashed a file on my gs3 for enhanced sound and the volume i listened to music is around 30-40% of the time. Seems like I have to be at 20/30 or higher most of the time throughout the day on the 920

Light leak: nothing for me

Vibration: not really an issue for me as i have my phone on my desk all day.

Thanks for that. Is Haptic feedback turn offable? And I can you text in landscape?

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Thanks for that. Is Haptic feedback turn offable? And I can you text in landscape?
    i can confirm landscape texting

but not able to find a way to turn off haptic feedback

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    It seems like you can do pretty much everything in landscape. The clock; LTE notification, and battery indicator even rotate 90 degrees when the phone is in landscape.

The only haptic feedback I have is when pressing the three capacitive buttons at the bottom of the screen; there is no vibration when using the keyboard.
    T850 likes this.

Is it just on the capacitive buttons, or does it do it when you text? Because that would kill me, I send loads of texts, and I find haptic feedback to be awful.

does it vibrate when you type?

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    does it vibrate when you type?
    See my reply above.

Boom, thanks ky and others. I now need to stay off forums until I get the phone, they scare me to death. Hopefully mine will get shipped on Monday, can't wait!

Any idea on bug fixes and when these will get rolled out? Elop has suggested, they are still tweaking the camera as well as the few bugs that there are. Would be nice to have these fixed without waiting for a major update.

Boom, thanks ky and others. I now need to stay off forums until I get the phone, they scare me to death. Hopefully mine will get shipped on Monday, can't wait!

Any idea on bug fixes and when these will get rolled out? Elop has suggested, they are still tweaking the camera as well as the few bugs that there are. Would be nice to have these fixed without waiting for a major update.
    Hang in there. I'm waiting too. I have two stores on call back, one with a pre-order in already here in the UK.. we can celebrate with virtual beers when we get them finally lol the 920 WILL be worth it...

Ps the bug fix for the cam will bee sooner than any OS update i suspect. WPC will have the news fist i guess!

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Is it just on the capacitive buttons, or does it do it when you text? Because that would kill me, I send loads of texts, and I find haptic feedback to be awful.
    Yeah, just a really quick and mild vibration when the capacitive buttons are touched. Not bad at all because I do not like haptic feedback at all.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Yeah, just a really quick and mild vibration when the capacitive buttons are touched. Not bad at all because I do not like haptic feedback at all.
    Go here and vote for it to be changed in the OS so all windows phones will have the option to turn it off.

Allow user to disable vibration for the 3 buttons