Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Anyone hearing about this? Supposedly there are reports of Cyan 920s being sold in store, can anyone confirm this?

Yup, there are a bunch of posts about this since this morning. The Microsoft Store is selling every color except yellow. I played with the red, white, black, and cyan in-hand at lunch today.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    What about ATT stores?

They only had some combination of black, white, and red (sometimes all three).

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm posting on my cyan 920, picked it up at the MS store today. They had every color including yellow earlier this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    I'm posting on my cyan 920, picked it up at the MS store today. They had every color including yellow earlier this afternoon.
    Hey Adebo, just wondering, did you physically see the yellow ones? It seems the only yellows have been display models or special units employees got. None have physically been on sale. Can you elaborate on what you saw? Where in the U.S. are you? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    Yup, there are a bunch of posts about this since this morning. The Microsoft Store is selling every color except yellow. I played with the red, white, black, and cyan in-hand at lunch today.
    As long as they don't have grey anytime soon I won't be too pissed that I bought early.

I got my red one this evening from a microsoft store. There was already another person buying a Lumia 920 and he got the Cyan one. IMO, the cyan felt a bit dull to me. Haven't spotted a yellow phone yet.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Are these MS-sold phones unlocked?

I know the Holiday Stores will not be selling the 920. Thus, I'll(hopefully) begin my 2 1/2+ hour trek to the nearest full-time Microsoft Store in the morning...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D

I can confirm Cyan does exist at AT&T stores, I saw many of them today.

My AT&T store did not have Cyan in stock. Only black and white. I had to have a AT&T staff member order one shipped to my house. :(

I hope it gets here Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by xcharles718 View Post
    Are these MS-sold phones unlocked?
    No
    Thanked by:
    I was able to purchase a Cyan model in person at an AT&T Authorized Retailer today.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Hey Adebo, just wondering, did you physically see the yellow ones? It seems the only yellows have been display models or special units employees got. None have physically been on sale. Can you elaborate on what you saw? Where in the U.S. are you? Thanks!
    I saw a white, red, yellow and cyan models in MS employees hands today. This was at MS store in Tysons corner mall in Mclean, VA. They told me they received 60 920s today, I did not ask for a color break down.

Quote Originally Posted by adebo View Post
    I saw a white, red, yellow and cyan models in MS employees hands today. This was at MS store in Tysons corner mall in Mclean, VA. They told me they received 60 920s today, I did not ask for a color break down.
    Interesting! Didn't see any of them carrying yellow when I was there, but it's already been revealed that employees that got demo units mostly got yellow (Microsoft Store and AT&T) so I assume that's where the they came from, since they said they don't have any yellows (I called several times during the day, my last being at 8 pm).

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping they get some yellows in tomorrow.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Some ms stores have all the colors except Yellow. I was choosing between cyan and red, went with red.

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Well now I'm upset that I didn't think to try a Microsoft store before ordering mine through AT&T! Do those sold at MSFT Stores come with the free charging plate? ...I hope not or I'll really be mad at myself:(
    Current: soon to be the Lumia 1020
    Past: Samsung Focus, HTC Radar, Lumia 710, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Lumia 521, Lumia 925, Surface RT
    Current non-WP: Nexus 5, iPhone 5s

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Interesting! Didn't see any of them carrying yellow when I was there, but it's already been revealed that employees that got demo units mostly got yellow (Microsoft Store and AT&T) so I assume that's where the they came from, since they said they don't have any yellows (I called several times during the day, my last being at 8 pm).

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping they get some yellows in tomorrow.
    I was there around 1:30 this afternoon. The first guy I spoke to said they did not even have a single 920 and that the phone was not released yet. So of course I grabbed someone else.

If you are familiar with the store, behind the registers where the tables are is where I got to see all the red, white and yellow. Two employees had them and were setting them up. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Riesenbeck View Post
    I was able to purchase a Cyan model in person at an AT&T Authorized Retailer today.
    Hey where are you from I want a cyan so bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Some ms stores have all the colors except Yellow. I was choosing between cyan and red, went with red.
    Same dilemma here. Any particular reason for your choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    Well now I'm upset that I didn't think to try a Microsoft store before ordering mine through AT&T! Do those sold at MSFT Stores come with the free charging plate? ...I hope not or I'll really be mad at myself:(
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Nokia is offering EVERYONE a free charging plate who buys the phone. Give them the IMEI via the website and they'll mail you one.

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Nokia is offering EVERYONE a free charging plate who buys the phone. Give them the IMEI via the website and they'll mail you one.
    That's what I read here on WPcentral news section and that is the reason for me to have bought it from the MS store. The site, which will become operational on 16th, is
    Nokia Free Charger

I hope to get my request in as soon as they go live next week.

My two local stores here in Northeast,PA One in the mall and one outside the mall only had the Red, White, and black. I wanted yellow but went with Dark Maul instead.

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Sorry to say, but this is not true. I just bought mine full price at a Microsoft Store and asked about it. They directed me to AT&T, who flat our refused to give me one since I didn't buy from them. I then called Nokia US support, who said they are not handling this promotion at all and that I'd have to speak with AT&T. So, in summary, the only way to get a free plate is to purchase at an AT&T store or via AT&T's website.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by veereshai View Post
    That's what I read here on WPcentral news section and that is the reason for me to have bought it from the MS store. The site, which will become operational on 16th, is
    Nokia Free Charger

I hope to get my request in as soon as they go live next week.
    I didn't see this before posting. Here's to hoping you're right and this site works!

Edit 2: Nope, this is only for a couple UK retailers.
    Last edited by mtmjr90; 11-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.