Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey guys so I've been looking at getting the 920 and I absolutely love everything about it. The only thing that's keeping me from getting it though is the fact that I'm going to be studying abroad in London next school year (I'm in the U.S. fyi).

The question that I have is if I were to go ahead and buy the phone at full retail price (no contract) from AT&T what are the odds of them willing to unlock the phone by say this next July?

Of course the bigger question that I have is does anyone here have any idea about how well the AT&T version of the phone would work with London's carriers? I've been looking everywhere online today and while I've gotten some info the fact is that I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to the different cell bands and whatnot. Any help that y'all could give would be awesome. Thanks!

For iphone, if you pay your bills every month on time, then after 3-6 months, you can apply for the unlock code from ATT. But I am not sure if this is the same case for the 920.