Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By baseballbert
  • 1 Post By Stadifer
  • 1 Post By Ethere

Global Posts
    1,709 Global Posts
    My local AT&T store had five people getting one when I was there. Apparently there was an hour wait at one point. The phone is pretty cool and pretty much slaps the iPhone 5 to the curb. It looks like a toy compared to the 920.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Thanked by:
    KoukiFC3S, MAERSK and vp710 like this.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    Same here in Tn, i was pleasantly surprised. I hope wp8 really takes off
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    As do I. I'm still holding back on going to the mall to see what they've got. May just get an 8X until I get my 920 on Saturday or Monday.

I called FedEx and if it can hit the facility tonight, they'll hold it for me tomorrow. Very understanding since we (NJ) were effected by the storm.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I hope so too... I'm married to it for the next 2 years now. :)
    karmamule likes this.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    As do I. I'm still holding back on going to the mall to see what they've got. May just get an 8X until I get my 920 on Saturday or Monday.

I called FedEx and if it can hit the facility tonight, they'll hold it for me tomorrow. Very understanding since we (NJ) were effected by the storm.
    That would be awesome, hope it works out for you. Loving the phone. The screen for text is fantastic coming from the 900.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    That would be awesome, hope it works out for you. Loving the phone. The screen for text is fantastic coming from the 900.
    Now you gonna make me buy both a 900 and 8X tonight! Hopefully they have some Lumia devices left. Lol.

Gonna head to the mall shortly.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Now you gonna make me buy both a 900 and 8X tonight! Hopefully they have some Lumia devices left. Lol.

Gonna head to the mall shortly.
    Go for it :-) and good luck in your search at the mall

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    Just got mine and I love it.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    I checked the att and checked if there are any nearby.. but all are out of stock. Will they have the display models?

My 5 year old daughter wants yellow phone :).

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yea the AT&T workers were all wearing window shirts
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypetrak View Post
    Yea the AT&T workers were all wearing window shirts
    They did it for the 900 as well. They even gave them all Lumia devices.

Hopefully they'll stick to it with the 920.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts
    My local att was packed.

Everyone was in WP shirts, but most of the employees had never even seen the phone until today...

The employee I bought from was genuinely surprised at how busy it was.

I saw two people come from different platforms while I was in there. :)

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I went into my local store as well, and there were probably 15 people in line. I wasn't looking at what they were in line for because I went in only to check out the 920 and see what they felt like, and how they responded. They only had the white and black models as others have mentioned in other stores. I even tried to convince one of the customers who was buying an iPhone 4S to take a look at the Lumia. She was definitely a iSheep though. She told me she was only looking at the iPhone because her family members all had one and if something went wrong, one of them would know how to fix it. Pretty lame excuse for a phone choice, but hey, I tried. Anyway, here's a couple pics I snapped of the display models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_20121109_161026.jpg   img_20121109_161045.jpg   img_20121109_161053.jpg  
    MAERSK likes this.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    God bless Jessica Alba . I wonder how much$$$ she was paid to he caught by the paps walking with her red 920

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    God bless Jessica Alba . I wonder how much$$$ she was paid to he caught by the paps walking with her red 920
    And she was on the WP launch.
    Other than cash she only got to advertise his own company on the MS event.

Certainly would not mind some more ad time of she using that red Lumia 920.

Global Posts
    811 Global Posts
    We got the last two at our store in Pittsburgh. MS rep came in and said if was his 3rd store that day and they were all selling out. He had an 8x, amazingly light but it felt like a toy. Liking the heft of the 920, and double the memory and half the price isn't hurting either.
    webOS Refugee. Now a Windows Phone 7 (HTC Arrive) refugee and an Android escapee (evo 3d) back on my original Pre for now. Looking forward to a killer device on ATT so I can dump Sprint and get back into the WP7.5 world.

If you are a fellow webOS refugee, visit this thread for some getting started tips.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/180046.htm

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, I don't think they were very popular here in DFW. I went in to get a Lumia 920 in black (my preference) and asked the ATT rep how sales had been. He said "Well, we had about six phones left after the pre-orders...and after your purchase, we'll have five."

Everyone who came in was either looking for support on, or to purchase, an iPhone, or a Galaxy S III.

I really want Windows Phone to succeed. This is by leaps and bounds my favorite OS, and I want to see it grow and improve.
    Last edited by InnocuousScreenname; 11-10-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Oh Com'on !!! You guys are pissing me off with envy & jealousy.
    Reading this forum & looking at those drooling 920 pics makes my eyes green & my nose bleeds.
    The WAIT for the 920 coming to my homeland in early December is eating me alive man :D

As I was playing around with the phone, a couple next to me, probably around 20s-30s, bought 2. :)
    Last edited by CamiKitti; 11-10-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    There were 7 people on the waiting list when I got to my AT&T store, and while I was waiting for my name to move to the top of the list I saw 3 of those 7 walk out with black 920s.

This is so cool for people to be geniunely interested in MS and Nokia again. Haha. THis is awesome now for my store.

Went down to my local At&t store and they had about like 3 people before me. Started to talk to a guy that was checking out the Lumia 920 and started up a discussion. Asked him if he had a WP7 and he said yeah the original samsung focus. I was like whoa, this is gonna be an crazy good upgrade for you, not to knock that phone but we are leagues ahead of that brick now. The reps were all wearing MS shirts and one of the other reps actually had a WP7 and we talked all about the lumia 920. Long story short, I convinced the guy I was talking to that gloss wasn't all that bad and he ended up getting the white one. Come to find out they onnly had one left and now they were out of WHITE! ACK that's the phone I wanted. Luckily they called down to another store a few miles away, o wait all sold out of the whites as well (they had 3). They other store had just opened a few minutes ago and was already sold out, O man I did not get up early to not have this phone in the color I wanted....So finally I get sent out to a store about 10 miles away and I am their first windows 8 lumia 920 customer. Didn't even have them out of the boxes yet. Yay! Even one of the old time reps said they should do really well, with the aggressive pricing and the specs of the actual phone are crazy. I was super excited, played around with the settings and set up my phone high contrast and man is it super sweet. Forgot to eat lunch, and finally put my phone down for a bit at around like 3:30 pm. All in all I think I am set for awhile, I am 100% satisfied with my surface and windows 8 lumia 920!