Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    So what should we do about the vibration issue? Take it back or wait a few days? I just got mine yesterday.

I exchanged mine as i found that the noise it makes could not possibly be intentional, however handset number 2 did exactly the same, so i have resigned to the fact that this is it. This is the noise my phone makes when it vibrates, and now reading all these i think, so what. It still works and it ain't bad at all. If Nokia send a press release out saying sorry for the cockup guys i will be first in the queue to get mine fixed if not i will still sleep well tonight that i have a decent phone (even if it does sound like a bicycle wheel with an old credit card stuck in it.) 😃
    Thanked by:
    clmbngbkng and Muessig like this.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I may wait a week and see how it goes. I have 14 days to return or exchange right?

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1914 View Post
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I may wait a week and see how it goes. I have 14 days to return or exchange right?
    Yeah, on AT&T you have 14 days.
    None of the employee units did it. I'm going back in a week

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post
    None of the employee units did it. I'm going back in a week
    Really? I find that interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by clmbngbkng View Post
    Really? I find that interesting.

They were all yellow too lol

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    They were all yellow too lol
    I did see a manager have a yellow one at the store I went to. I'll go back later this week and check it all out.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryude View Post
    Mine does it too, it's a bit nerve-wracking.
    I actually thought my vibrate was broken it is almost non existent. I have to silence my phone at work and keep having to check it because no real notifications. Went into settings and can't find way to increase it.
    Last edited by Iamdunne; 11-12-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo

My first 920 didn't have the loud virbation issue. It also didn't make any noise if I shook it. But I exchanged it for some issues and now this one has loud vibrate and makes noise if I shake it.... sigh

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTGZ View Post
    My first 920 didn't have the loud virbation issue. It also didn't make any noise if I shook it. But I exchanged it for some issues and now this one has loud vibrate and makes noise if I shake it.... sigh
    What issues did the first one have?

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    When people keep talking about exchanging their phone are they actually doing this at AT&T? Anytime I have phone issues with them I have had to deal with warranty through manufacturer or go to a store an hour away that has a service center.
    Guys, wait until the second warehouse batch goes out before you exchange. You also have a right to inspect the phone prior to exchanging

Guys, wait until the second warehouse batch goes out before you exchange. You also have a right to inspect the phone prior to exchanging
    How will we know when the second batch comes in? And how do you know we have that right?

Mine makes a soft rattle and I just assumed it was the camera or something. It's definitely not as intense as some make theirs out to be. In fact, I never thought anything of it really until I heard people complaining about it.
    They only have 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by uscdigital View Post
    What issues did the first one have?
    The top by the headphone jack was loose. I could press down on it and it would pop. It also had a few dead pixels.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    So is this something that only happens when you've enabled the "vibrate" feature and the phone vibrates for a text, call etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    They only have 14 days.

It generally takes a week, hence, why I'm waiting until Thursday

The 920 I got on Saturday from EE UK had the rattle, so I took it back today and the new one has the same rattle.

Unfortunately EE don't allow returns, only replacement if there's a fault. Probably going to eBay my new one, or trade it in at CEX :-(

I'm also experiencing the same thing guys, at first I thought I just wasn't used to another phone. But it really does 'rattle' when it vibrates. It's horrible because the rest of the phone is quite brilliant.

Has anyone exchanged their phone and got another that has no issue? So I'll know if its a design defect, and save myself the trip.

Thanks,

U

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    floating lens... am I the only one who expected this? I don't see it as a problem BUT people should have expected the vibration to rattle with a floating lens.

Do you guys get that rattle even if you hold the phone or in pockets ? Anyway i dont think its a problem, ive seen other phones do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coworker claims his 920 doesn't rattle/buzz, I'll do a comparison tomorrow at work. If his truly is rattle-free, I'll try to get a comparison video.

Quote Originally Posted by Winfonejunkie View Post
    Oh my GOD the humanity!

How could anyone live with that horrible vibration noise?!?!?!?

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    floating lens... am I the only one who expected this? I don't see it as a problem BUT people should have expected the vibration to rattle with a floating lens.
    Sure dude.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast