Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ratchetjaw#AC

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    damn, went there waited and said i couldnt get a red one cuz i needed to upgrade. i cant upgrade.

assholes.

Global Posts
    2,351 Global Posts
    Join the club! :)

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    So... I can't walk into a store and buy one without signing up for a contract?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    yes, for 60 days i was told, the store i went to and the store i called. I raged.

Just call around, you might get lucky

Global Posts
    2,351 Global Posts
    60 days puts it just around or after CES, great move. :dry

Smh join the rest of us disappointed perspective lumia buyers... I will buy the unlocked on from somewhere tho... where oh where will my 920 come from???

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    I bought mine off contract at at&t this morning ?

Global Posts
    2,351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    They must have liked you...

AT&T Did Not Want To Sell Me a Nokia Lumia 920

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    I guess so, bought my white one this morning in franklin,tn. They only had 4white ones. i was the second in line to get mine. Just read the article that sucks. Guess i did get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    Lucky you... did you have to tap dance??

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    Check Best Buy. In another thread, the OP picked it up at BB for the off contract price, and is going to toss a ST sim into it.

Bought mine this morning off contract, but I had to have at least a prepaid account... So the lady set me up with a pay as you go account and off I went. Now if I could only get an unlock code...*sigh*

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Bastards, the att rep didnt know thought i could then he went to the back and his manager said no, bunch of idiots.

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadGuy_88 View Post
    Lucky you... did you have to tap dance??
    Nope, wasnt an issue it seemed. Asked what i was there for. I said a white Lumia 920. Me and the guy next to me were talking he was also getting a white one. Rang me up, i asked about the wireless charging pad. Said they didnt have any and they were for upgrade buyers only. I said ok thanks. No dancing was necessary but i did feel like moon walking out of there cause i was happy :-)
    TheBadGuy_88 likes this.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I bought one at my local At&T Store without even having an account.. I just walked in and said I was buying it as a birthday present for my Sister-in-law. They asked for her number, but did not sell it under her number or anything else. Just said they need an At&T number to put in for the survey thing on customer service.

I checked my receipt and it doesn't have any of her info on it so I'm pretty confident it didn't screw anything up for her.. Now the wireless charging pad is another story entirely. I didn't get one and not sure if I will as the sales lady and everyone else in the store was convinced it was online only and that if it were ment for in-store purchases as well it would be in the box with the phone..