Hey guys thought id start a new thread to let you all know I was able to get a WHITE LUMIA 920 on Orange contract from Phones4u.

Pretty shock as i thought white was only available on EE!

Pretty Happy as i only pay £28 month without having to pay for the handset

Quote Originally Posted by jenjen4u View Post
    Hey guys thought id start a new thread to let you all know I was able to get a WHITE LUMIA 920 on Orange contract from Phones4u.

Pretty shock as i thought white was only available on EE!

Pretty Happy as i only pay £28 month without having to pay for the handset
    Pretty good deal! Congrats.

I'm locked into Vodafone for many a year yet so my 920 is currently awaiting a delivery date from Amazon DE...I went for the white as it was €25 cheaper than black, I'm not entirely convinced on the colour yet but I'm warming to white iPhones so we'll see!

Nice... I grabbed sim free black 920 earlier from Phones4u

I got myself a nice shiny new Nokia 920 (Black), as an upgrade from Orange 3G to EE4G.

I got the phone at Phones4U, where strangely they were only selling the White 920 on EE4G, and the Black 920 as 3G only. I insisted I wanted a black 920 on the 4G network, told them the hardware was exactly the same regardless of colour, and that's what I managed to walk away with :-)

Oh and I also got a Nokia voucher for a free wireless charging plate :-)

All set up now. Very happy!

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennEdwards View Post
    I got myself a nice shiny new Nokia 920 (Black), as an upgrade from Orange 3G to EE4G.

I got the phone at Phones4U, where strangely they were only selling the White 920 on EE4G, and the Black 920 as 3G only. I insisted I wanted a black 920 on the 4G network, told them the hardware was exactly the same regardless of colour, and that's what I managed to walk away with :-)

Oh and I also got a Nokia voucher for a free wireless charging plate :-)

All set up now. Very happy!

Glenn
    Do we need to wait for 14 days after purchase or just can redeem when the website is up?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroneko0509 View Post
    Nice... I grabbed sim free black 920 earlier from Phones4u
    Does it work on any network?. some rumours have said it would be locked to ee orange tmobile even sim free. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuroneko0509 View Post
    Do we need to wait for 14 days after purchase or just can redeem when the website is up?
    I went to the website, and I think we just need to wait for the 16th Nov, when the website is up and running.

Got the black 920 sim-free from Phones4u today, using with my T-Mobile sim.

Coming from a Lumia 800, I didn't want a phone this big, but needed the extra storage, desired the wireless charging, and wanted to future-proof with WP8, as all my PCs have been upgraded to Win8.

The Good

It isn't too big, and the screen/resolution, justify the size upgrade. The screen just pops, big, clear, colourful.

It actually feels lighter than the 800 due to the balance on larger footprint

It isn't even heavy, it just feels like a quality piece of hardware

It feels good to grip and hold, it fits great in the palm when gripped, unlike friend's S3s I tried to see if I could swallow the size, I just can't hold the SS3 comfortably, and it feels like plastic, that would break at the slightest drop or squeeze. The 920 is solid, and comfortable, and reassuring

The Bad

The protruding buttons on the side, are a departure from the recessed equivalents on the 800, and just don't feel as easy to navigate and use from a single-handed grip, but I guess it's just a matter of getting used to

Windows 8 is .... the same as 7.5, apart from the tile size options, which is coming in 7.8 anyway, so there is nothing revelatory in the software, but maybe more use will bring out some touches. The problem is, once you get past the hardware defence, WP8 feels an anti-climax to me

The phone had 50% charge out the box, and in my 45 min train journey home, the battery died and phone shut down. I didn't make any calls or messages, but did play with it constantly and set up and synced all email/social accounts. I've heard you need to charge it a few times to settle the batter down, so fingers crossed no issues here

Overall, I think I'm pleased ... just. If you are a current 800 or 900 owner, paying real money for an upgrade, I would think very carefully on the reasons, as everything is incremental at most, but I have barely spent any time, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mus14 View Post
    Does it work on any network?. some rumours have said it would be locked to ee orange tmobile even sim free. thanks
    Not sure, since my previous sim was normal sized sim. Grabbed PAYG Orange micro sim after bought 920

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    Pretty good deal! Congrats.

I'm locked into Vodafone for many a year yet so my 920 is currently awaiting a delivery date from Amazon DE...I went for the white as it was €25 cheaper than black, I'm not entirely convinced on the colour yet but I'm warming to white iPhones so we'll see!
    I was going to get yellow, i saw yellow in store but i didnt really like it in the end, looked too much of a toy, eventhough yellow is my favourite colour im happy i stuck to white.

ive upgraded from omnia 7 which is probably one of the oldest windows phone7 im really happy i got a new phone also now i can put my wireless router on high speed; was not able to do this with omnia 7 coz it couldnt detect 5ghz LOOOOL
    Last edited by jenjen4u; 11-12-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mus14 View Post
    Im sorry to say that is true

Quote Originally Posted by mmacleodbrown View Post
    Im sorry to say that is true
    cheers thanks for the update.

Any branding on these sim-free phones? I heard the only thing was that the IE homepage pointed to EE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorki247 View Post
    Any branding on these sim-free phones? I heard the only thing was that the IE homepage pointed to EE?
    Yeah IE heads over to ee.co.uk but there's no branding on the phone and no boot logo's etc.