Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Does anyone else notice that the phone will not turn off if it is charging? I find that a little annoying. But everything else so far I love.

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuafox@yourgadgetguy.com View Post
    Does anyone else notice that the phone will not turn off if it is charging? I find that a little annoying. But everything else so far I love.
    That's a problem with the 900 as well. I think sometimes if you put it on the charger and then turn it off it might stay off.
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone

Its not a "problem". It was the way Windows Phone was designed. I don't know the idea behind it, but all Windows Phones turned on when you plugged them in (if they werent already on), and turning them off while being plugged only cause them to turn right back on.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Droid DNA
    Surface Pro 128GB
    This is the same on my GF's 800 too - it seems it's just the way it was made to be, like prjkthack says.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I think it is because the phone syncs wirelessly only when plugged in. And it needs to be on to do that. Even first gen WP7's do that.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Iphone does the same

I haven't seen a smartphone that will stay off when plugged in recently. My 900 and old iPhone 4 all turn on.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I wonder if they have to be on in order to properly monitor then limit the charging once they are at 100%? If so that benefits battery life and I don't mind it.

Funny story.

I ran the battery down on my Quantum while it was plugged in. I was watching Netflix. I did not get a battery warning or anything, just boom, device off. I thought, no big deal, just let it charge back up. 24 hours later - nothing. It just did not seem to be taking a charge. I call AT&T to file a warrenty claim. They handled that just fine, but the tech support guy told me that I should not be using the phone when it is plugged in and that they in fact recommend that it be turned off when charging. I asked him if he knew much about windows phones and he said that he was in fact a high level technical support person for windows phones. I said that I doubted that.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Iphone does the same
    Quote Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
    I haven't seen a smartphone that will stay off when plugged in recently. My 900 and old iPhone 4 all turn on.
    When I last owned an iPhone, it does turn on when you plug it in, but after it boots up, you could turn it back off and it'll stay off while charging. If you do that with a Windows Phone, it'll just boot up again.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013