Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. bburnett1219's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone went into a store that has any wireless chargers?
  2. atlbuc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #2  
    Nope, they took my name and when they come in I will have to go back with my receipt to get it free
  3. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    #3  
    Bummer, I wanted to purchase one outright.
  4. #4  
    Is the wireless charger connected through USB?
  5. mattgrif's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #5  
    When I bought my phone in the store they used the site to order the wireless charger and they are having it shipped to my house... they let me get a red 1 too!
  6. ozziegt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #6  
    Store where I got my 920 said there were absolutely no accessories in the shipment.
  7. atlbuc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #7  
    AT&T is kinda ridiculous, the store I went to here in Atlanta had about 4 reps at opening and most of them didn't know they were getting the phone. On a good note I was able to get an early upgrade after only being back with AT&T for 5 months. They don't make money when you buy the phones outright so it was mutually beneficial to make the upgrade work.
  8. Necroscope's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    92 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
    Is the wireless charger connected through USB?
    It plugs into the wall.
  9. ProfessorTripp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    #9  
    No charging plates at my closest store but they ordered one for me and it will be delivered to my home next week.
  10. whoaty55's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #10  
    No wireless chargers at my store either. They said they would have one mailed to my house at a later date.

    Funny story. To get the wireless charger the store had to discount the phone's price down to 49.99 and then charge me full price wireless charger which would even things out. Funny thing is the store needed a credit or debit card to order the wireless charger. I don't have either.....cash is king. So they told me to come in later with a credit card and they'd order the wireless charger.

    So i walked out of the store with a $49.99 lumia 920. I'm not going back for the charger because.......imho.....it's not really worth it in my eyes. A 49.99 lumia 920 is. :)
  11. samuch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #11  
    Went and picked up the phone at the local store. I paid the full retail price and they told me I wouldn't be eligible for the free charger promo? Could this seriously be true?

    They didn't have any in and had no idea how to do the promo regardless. But still, paying $450 doesn't get you the free charger?
  12. #12  
    None at the store I went to outside of Boston. They ordered me one and it being sent to my house next week. Even got the email receipt stating no charge. I don't mind waiting. So far the 920 is blowing my mind. Love it.
  13. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by samuch View Post
    Went and picked up the phone at the local store. I paid the full retail price and they told me I wouldn't be eligible for the free charger promo? Could this seriously be true?

    They didn't have any in and had no idea how to do the promo regardless. But still, paying $450 doesn't get you the free charger?
    No it doesnt. Good news is that Nokia will send all of us another free charger. Starting on the 16th, 920 owners will be able to enter their IMEI and receive a free wireless charger.
  14. chriscookz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    No it doesnt. Good news is that Nokia will send all of us another free charger. Starting on the 16th, 920 owners will be able to enter their IMEI and receive a free wireless charger.
    I'm interested to see how that works out, because I'm definitely planning on trying.
  15. Blackwood504's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    152 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by atlbuc View Post
    AT&T is kinda ridiculous, the store I went to here in Atlanta had about 4 reps at opening and most of them didn't know they were getting the phone. On a good note I was able to get an early upgrade after only being back with AT&T for 5 months. They don't make money when you buy the phones outright so it was mutually beneficial to make the upgrade work.
    Which store in Atlanta did you go to? I usually just go to the Microsoft store.
  16. atlbuc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #16  
    So I called AT&T at 800-331-0500 and explained to them that the store didn't have any in stock and they ordered the charging plate FedEx overnight for me.
  17. atlbuc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwood504 View Post
    Which store in Atlanta did you go to? I usually just go to the Microsoft store.
    I went to the one on Cobb Pkwy. The MS Store just got there shipment in and haven't been made available for purchase yet from what the MS Store rep told me.
  18. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,408 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,437 Global Posts
    #18  
    went to store, none, they said they will take information and send to you.
  19. ProfessorTripp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    #19  
    Just a quick update. I bought my 920 at about 11am and at around 5pm I got an email from AT&T saying that my charging plate had shipped. Hopefully I'll get it early next week (USPS delivery).

    EDIT: I just tracked the package via USPS, delivery scheduled for Tuesday.
    Last edited by ProfessorTripp; 11-10-2012 at 11:41 AM.
  20. randokam's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #20  
    The store I went to took my info and said they would call as soon as they come in. One will be held for me until I stop by to pick it up.

Posting Permissions