Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    And I have to say the weight issue with the 920 has to be the most ridiculously overblown tech squabble I have heard in a very very very long time.

It barely felt heavier than my iPhone 3GS. Perhaps it is because it's taller/wider so the weight is more distributed, but either way, man the **** up people.
    Last edited by VagrantWade; 11-07-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Interesting, so some stores already have it? I read they wouldn't be getting their stock until tomorrow or Friday. You're in Iowa?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    Interesting, so some stores already have it? I read they wouldn't be getting their stock until tomorrow or Friday. You're in Iowa?
    You can't buy it. They just have one for display.
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    And I have to say the weight issue with the 920 has to be the most ridiculously overblown tech squabble I have heard in a very very very long time.

It barely felt heavier than my iPhone 3GS. Perhaps it is because it's taller/wider so the weight is more distributed, but either way, man the **** up people.

So AT&T stores have a working version of the 920 on display? if so i work at rockerfella center, theres an AT&T store downstairs in the plaza, i will definitely run down within the hour and check it out.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    So AT&T stores have a working version of the 920 on display? if so i work at rockerfella center, theres an AT&T store downstairs in the plaza, i will definitely run down within the hour and check it out.
    Not really sure if this was suppose to be for display, or if it was one they had for training and then just put it out.

You can't buy it. They just have one for display.
    Nice. I'm going to call around now and see if any of my local stores have any. As of yesterday they didn't.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

I have a question...

Do you even lift bro?

Global Posts
    2,617 Global Posts
    Did they have any accessories for sale?

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    I have a question...

Do you even lift bro?

He lifts bro, the 920 was nothing to him
    Thanked by:
    krisguy, 5tephen, Gken and 3 others like this.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    dang.. i should start liftin

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I always knew it.

It's sad how people can go around spreading their crap and poison like nothing.

I don't know, I'm getting a little worried. My phone is going to be here on Friday, and I'm not sure I'm going to be ready. I better go hit the gym now...

That's the point of the sensitive screen, so you can use it with weight-lifting gloves.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    that's the point of the sensitive screen, so you can use it with weight-lifting gloves.
    lol win

Yeah, a co-worker of mine got his Lumia 920 at Microsoft's build conference. Seriously, it is NOT heavy. It actually feels on par with the Lumia 900. You can balance the phone with one finger if you hold it down the middle. That means the weight is equally distributed through out the phone. Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    Yeah, a co-worker of mine got his Lumia 920 at Microsoft's build conference. Seriously, it is NOT heavy. It actually feels on par with the Lumia 900. You can balance the phone with one finger if you hold it down the middle. That means the weight is equally distributed through out the phone. Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.
    "You can balance the phone with one finger"

Wow this bro is jacked bro.

#Roids

Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.
    I don't have the specs on hand, but I do remember the 920 is some small fraction of a mm thinner than the 900.

I am calling my local att store to see if they have one for display.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    He lifts.

Doesn't picking up a 920 count as lifting?
    Winterfang and iphonemilk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    I don't know, I'm getting a little worried. My phone is going to be here on Friday, and I'm not sure I'm going to be ready. I better go hit the gym now...
    I hope you got a 2nd job to pay all the freight fees for shipping that thing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    "You can balance the phone with one finger"

Wow this bro is jacked bro.

#Roids

Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I hope you got a 2nd job to pay all the freight fees for shipping that thing.
    Seriously. And from what I heard they won't bring it all the way to the door due to injury liablities...curb delivery off the liftgate only.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLabRat View Post
    Seriously. And from what I heard they won't bring it all the way to the door due to injury liablities...curb delivery off the liftgate only.
    Drive to the nearest shipping pier for pickup.
    5tephen and TexasLabRat like this.
    I just held one also one and agree that weight isn't an issue. Looks are however, and imo the 920 and 900 are by far the ugliest phones in the at&t lineup. Simply hideous and about as far from elegant as one could get. Also, not impressed with the feel of the 8x. Looks awesome but something felt amiss.

Man, I can't find the video clip of the Futurama episode called "The Why of Fry" where Fry is attempting to pick up Nibbler's anti-matter ****. It weighs as much as a thousand suns.

Great parallel to how the UPS man or woman will be acting trying to deliver our phones to our doors...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast