Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    What do you think is more dense. The 920 or a black hole? Does the 920 contain the higgs boson particle?
    versus a single 920...black hole as I have not seen any evidence of light bending near the event horizon of the 920. However..it's plausible that the careful tuning of the individual masses of the various models of the 920 is how they achieve the palette of colors offered. They claim it is colored resin but in actuality it is carefully engineered gravity lensing.

But as my prior post postulates..A large group of 920's all together in the same place would likely form a full-blown singularity and thus would be a black hole. This is why only 40 phones were released in Canada.
    keizka likes this.

I bet the Lumia 920 could be used as a Mass Effect relay if you give it enough juice.
    TexasLabRat likes this.

After many phone calls to AT&T, and ultimately, Nokia, I finally talked to a very senior supervisor (I promised not to mention names), and have the answer to why the launch of the Lumia 920 has been plagued with so many delays:

It seems the shear size and weight of the 920 necessitates the shipping of just one device at a time. Remarkable, really. I guess much of the criticism from the tech reviewers may have been justified, after all...

(note, this is not a picture of my 920 in transit, as I ordered a black one)

Thanked by:

The real question, 920 or Ditka???

Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    After many phone calls to AT&T, and ultimately, Nokia, I finally talked to a very senior supervisor (I promised not to mention names), and have the answer to why the launch of the Lumia 920 has been plagued with so many delays:

It seems the shear size and weight of the 920 necessitates the shipping of just one device at a time. Remarkable, really. I guess much of the criticism from the tech reviewers may have been justified, after all...

(note, this is not a picture of my 920 in transit, as I ordered a black one)

Click to view quoted image
    Looks like I'll need to upgrade to this! I can set my tiles to red, so both toys match:lol:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Page 4 of this thread is
    vp710 likes this.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    I found just the thing for you...

Click to view quoted image
    LMAO :'D
    Thanks ! U made my day ;)
    Love my 900, Lusting the 920 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Page 4 of this thread is Click to view quoted image
    +1
    It juz goes to show how easygoing we WP fans are that we are able to laugh at ourselves. This is a GREAT community to belong to ;)
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    +1
    It juz goes to show how easygoing we WP fans are that we are able to laugh at ourselves. This is a GREAT community to belong to ;)
    Agreed. I had a good laugh from that, you don't really get that anywhere else. Glad to be joining the WP community.

Global Posts
    1,418 Global Posts
    Just went to an authorized retailer and they showed me three demo phones of the 920.

Based on my experience today, the question i have with all these techy experts..

Do they even lift, bro?

I want a shirt that says "I have a Lumia 920....Yeah, I lift bro!"

When I get in a fight with my little brother, I plan on putting my 920 on his chest so he can't get up.

Great thread. :)

I would love to see a blind 'feel' and 'hold' test of the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and the Lumia 920.

Blindfold someone, put all 3 phones in front of them. Have them feel each phone (not pick it up) and say which one feels the best.

Then have them pick up each phone and say how it feels in the hand, etc.

This would make for an excellent youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post

When I get in a fight with my little brother, I plan on putting my 920 on his chest so he can't get up.
    You should delete this post...if you kill your brother with the phone like that this forum post could be construed as pre-meditation :p

Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post

Good plan, just like in the movie Thor in the final fight scene where they originally had a Lumia 920 placed on Loki's chest but replaced it with Mjlnir! :lol:

I'm buying two 920's. One for each pocket since I don't want to walk around tilting sideways.
    Landsharkk likes this.

Thank you, MJOLNIR Armor!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lumia920.jpg  
    TexasLabRat likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I forgot to mention this but I mentioned the weight complaints to the guy working there who I sort of know from college. He said and I quote "What? Can't they just carry it in their purse? Because I know those can't be guys complaining about it." And then he pointed to otterbox cases they had in the store I think for the galaxy s3 and was like "and ironically it's probably the same people who buy these".

He also had an iPhone 5 so he definitely felt the weight difference. Forgot to ask if the bro lifts. He started talking to me about mutual friends at that point.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Nokia lumia 920 = the best self defense.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    True story. Hitler had a Lumia 920 in front of him when the bomb went off from his assassination attempt. Deflected all blast waves and is single handedly responsible for the deaths of a million concentration camp detainees by proxy.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    The white 822 is gorgeous.
    well that's certainly an opinion.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    This thread has had me LOLing at work! Thanks for the laughs!:D:lol:
    I am thinking of buying two 920s for lifting purposes. Opinions?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Just picked up my 920.

If you hear about an earthquake anytime soon in Iowa don't worry. The thick polycarbonate body will have kept my phone safe.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast