Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    I just picked this up to help me out carrying my 920 around. Going to have it painted gloss white to match!

Click to view quoted image
    Sweet, I'm guessing you went for a yellow 920 to match.

Did I mention I love this thread?

I wonder how they are going to facilitate all those web preorders here in Finland... I mean, it's going to be a hassle if you have get one whole truck for one device, and AFAIK preorders are in hundreds. 22nd will be remembered as the most chaotic launch day ever in Finland, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by keizka View Post
    Did I mention I love this thread?

I wonder how they are going to facilitate all those web preorders here in Finland... I mean, it's going to be a hassle if you have get one whole truck for one device, and AFAIK preorders are in hundreds. 22nd will be remembered as the most chaotic launch day ever in Finland, I guess.
    The carbon credits needed to offset the emissions from the shipment of the 920's will probably cost into the trillions of euros. The mass of the 920 will lead to the end of the EuroZone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLabRat View Post
    The carbon credits needed to offset the emissions from the shipment of the 920's will probably cost into the trillions of euros. The mass of the 920 will lead to the end of the EuroZone!!!
    Well, with such strong preorder pretty much everywhere in Western world, you might as well call it the end of Western civilization as we know it.

My first phone was 170g and I managed to lift that. But I'm thinking of having a bionic arm fitted anyway.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Reports are coming in about the disastrous effects of people inadvertently dropping their 920. Just look at the damage:

Here's a picture taken after a UPS guy threw a package containing a 920 on the front yard of this poor guy:

Thanked by:
    theefman, cckgz4, tissotti and 9 others like this.

Seriously you guys are still going to have trouble handling the Lumia 920 with those things. You need the real deal to manage this piece of awesomeness. Building one of these as we speak to fully cope with the girth that is the Lumia 920.

RX78 Gundam In Real Life | TheContaminated - Cool Pictures, Weird Pictures, Funny Pictures
    cckgz4 likes this.

BREAKING NEWS: I was at the beach earlier and dropped my Lumia 920 in the water. A Tsunami Warning has since been issued for the entire Eastern seaboard.

keizka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: I was at the beach earlier and dropped my Lumia 920 in the water. A Tsunami Warning has since been issued for the entire Eastern seaboard.
    Nokia: Never, EVER drop our devices. Or world *will* burn. And we take delight in it.

I could do this all day! Oh wait... I have been :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoloXCRacer View Post
    Yeah, a co-worker of mine got his Lumia 920 at Microsoft's build conference. Seriously, it is NOT heavy. It actually feels on par with the Lumia 900. You can balance the phone with one finger if you hold it down the middle. That means the weight is equally distributed through out the phone. Comparing it with my 900, it actually looks slightly thinner too.
    NO WAI BRO

It's called 920 because it weighs 920 ounces.

Also it takes blurry pixelated 0.3 mp pictures in daylight.
    cckgz4 and vp710 like this.

Maybe "man the **** up" should be a salespersons statement to potential customers of a phone that weighs almost twice as much as a new iPhone.

BREAKING NEWS: wpcentral forums user "hasasimo" has just inadvertently revealed himself as Superman by admitting the tsunami warning was of his doing by way of lifting a Lumia 920 off the ground and dropping it into sea. Scientists are still debating as to the physics behind such a feat (it was previously assumed that once a 920 was created that it was a permanent fixture to the earth at the point of manufacture)...and whether we should worry about damage to the tectonic plates of the earth once more of these devices are distributed throughout the world.
    hasasimo likes this.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

That's the point of the sensitive screen, so you can use it with weight-lifting gloves.
    I wish I could +1 you for that!

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Also it takes blurry pixelated 0.3 mp pictures in daylight.
    exactly. The difference between the quality of pics of the iPhone 5 and 920 is striking:

Thanked by:
    cckgz4 

Hmm, I've been working out with 30 pound free weights, and been working overtime for the massive shipping charges that will be incurred when I order it. Think I'll be alright, I have a pharmacist friend that can get me some anabolic steroids if I need them. Put him on speed dial?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Guys...you think maybe the 920 was a factor in the end of the world prophecy the Mayans had?

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Guys...you think maybe the 920 was a factor in the end of the world prophecy the Mayans had?
    hmm..could be..especially if the release date gets pushed back to Dec 21 :p

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLabRat View Post
    hmm..could be..especially if the release date gets pushed back to Dec 21 :p
    But maybe on the 21st gravity will increase and everyone with a 920 will drop their phone...

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Notice how iPhans are ridiculing features(wireless charging, super sensitive touch, PureMotion HD+) that would be hailed as "revolutionary" if the iPhone had it first.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    I think the combined gravitational forces from the 920s will attract all the asteriods to Earth.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tapiocamilktea View Post
    I think the combined gravitational forces from the 920s will attract all the asteriods to Earth.
    What do you think is more dense. The 920 or a black hole? Does the 920 contain the higgs boson particle?

Quote Originally Posted by tapiocamilktea View Post
    Good theory..that accounts for the delay from release date until the end of the Mayan calendar..it takes a little time for all the asteroids to be flung across the solar system.

Another possibility is that continued production of the 920 will concentrate enough mass inside distribution warehouses to create a singularity (ie black hole) that will fall through the crust to the core and slowly consume the earth from the inside out.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast