Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I hope you got a 2nd job to pay all the freight fees for shipping that thing.
    Not too worried about that, but I am having some trouble getting a forklift lined up in time for the delivery. I'd really hate to have the freight company just bounce the crate on the street...

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I just held one also one and agree that weight isn't an issue. Looks are however, and imo the 920 and 900 are by far the ugliest phones in the at&t lineup. Simply hideous and about as far from elegant as one could get. Also, not impressed with the feel of the 8x. Looks awesome but something felt amiss.
    I think the 920 looks fabulous. Hopefully someone will make a phone that warrants your approval!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Was anyone else able to locate one for display at their local AT&T?

Also to be fair, I do work out daily. So yea, I do lift bros.
    iphonemilk likes this.

I just held one also one and agree that weight isn't an issue. Looks are however, and imo the 920 and 900 are by far the ugliest phones in the at&t lineup. Simply hideous and about as far from elegant as one could get. Also, not impressed with the feel of the 8x. Looks awesome but something felt amiss.
    I found just the thing for you...

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post

COuld be in the back with the store reps, cuz they lift too bro
    Thanked by:
    VagrantWade likes this.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    COuld be in the back with the store reps, cuz they lift too bro
    I've currently been using the iPhone 5 since release everyone...

And seeing as how there was a "too lightGate for the iPhone 5.. and it's incredibly ability to just blow away in the wind from how small and light it is.. i'm really not sure i can make such a DRASTIC change to the L920...

going to be a bit too much for me all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraffy View Post
    Not too worried about that, but I am having some trouble getting a forklift lined up in time for the delivery. I'd really hate to have the freight company just bounce the crate on the street...
    Yeah. You don't want the city to hold you liable for the damage to the street.
    johnnyfiive likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post

And seeing as how there was a "too lightGate for the iPhone 5.. and it's incredibly ability to just blow away in the wind from how small and light it is.. i'm really not sure i can make such a DRASTIC change to the L920...

My co worker has an iPhone 5 and I am using his old iPhone 4 because my 3GS battery died on me. The iPhone 5 is too light for my taste. I panic enough as it is constantly patting my pockets of my pants/jacket before I worry it fell out or I left it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    I think the 920 looks fabulous. Hopefully someone will make a phone that warrants your approval!
    They did I think. It's called the 810/820/822. The white 822 is gorgeous.
    I found just the thing for you...

Click to view quoted image
    Can only hope that's the 940, as it would be a welcome change from that brick style.

Global Posts
    2,728 Global Posts
    I love this topic
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    The difference in weight is noticeable with my iPhone 5 and the 900... so I'm sure it'll be noticeable with the 920. The thing is... the weight isn't bad! I don't mind it either way.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    *Opinion of one individual.

I, along hundreds of thousands of other human beings, find the Lumia 800/900/920 design to be just incredible. Pure innovation when compared to all the other cheap plastic pieces of crap (keyword: cheap)

The Lumia certainly feels like an expensive thing.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post

Yeah, a few hundred pounds really can be a big difference.

Be careful, you might hurt your joints.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    They did I think. It's called the 810/820/822. The white 822 is gorgeous.
    #Virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by Calot View Post
    *Opinion of one individual.

I, along hundreds of thousands of other human beings, find the Lumia 800/900/920 design to be just incredible. Pure innovation when compared to all the other cheap plastic pieces of crap (keyword: cheap)

The Lumia certainly feels like an expensive thing.
    Following the N9 is pure innovation? That's like calling the iphone 5 innovative. I understand it's opinion, that's why I wrote "imo".

Anybody know how easy it would be to fit wheels to the 920? I'm thinking that might be best way to move the phone around. I've looked around on the Grainger web site, but I can't find any wheels with a high enough capacity rating. I've got a team coming in this afternoon to pour a concrete foundation for the wireless charger, but it might be necessary to move the phone to a different location every now and then. Crazy talk, I know, but I do like a challenge...
    cckgz4 and TexasLabRat like this.

I just picked this up to help me out carrying my 920 around. Going to have it painted gloss white to match!

Thanked by:
    Gken 

Global Posts
    2,349 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    I just picked this up to help me out carrying my 920 around. Going to have it painted gloss white to match!

Click to view quoted image
    "Ripleeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!" "Get away from my 920, you @#%*^!" :D

Anybody know how easy it would be to fit wheels to the 920? I'm thinking that might be best way to move the phone around. I've looked around on the Grainger web site, but I can't find any wheels with a high enough capacity rating. I've got a team coming in this afternoon to pour a concrete foundation for the wireless charger, but it might be necessary to move the phone to a different location every now and then. Crazy talk, I know, but I do like a challenge...
    I'm thinking a tracked drive system would better than wheels...to better distribute the weight and have better traction off-road. Maybe you could retrofit one of those Bobcat rigs to serve as a phone case?

Compact Track Loaders Overview - Bobcat Company

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    i just picked this up to help me out carrying my 920 around. Going to have it painted gloss white to match!

click to view quoted image
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post

Just called 5 Washington DC area stores, and none have them in yet. A few said they expect the shipment tomorrow. I'll annoy them again then.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I guess I just need to drink a case of beer between tonight and Friday. That'll get my arm ready for action!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I just preordered one of these bad boys in case I decide to quit lifting some day;

Following the N9 is pure innovation?
    The "lankku" design, which was debuted with the N9, is one of the best designs in the industry since we went all glass on the front. It was only natural for Nokia to apply and evolve it in their Lumia line..nothing wrong with that, and its still their innovation.

HTC took a very good look at it .. I am guessing they started the "copy" phase right after the N9 was introduced in June last year. Its a brilliant design..why wouldn't you copy it ? So the 8X is the result of that.

It has very solid fundamentals, the only issue with the lumia line is that the frontal proportions are off because of the need for those 3 buttons on the bottom. Originally it was meant for a "buttonless" design, which is what the N9 is.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast