Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crav4speed View Post
    Cyan :(

So I guess I need to call back and break their chops! I'll give it a couple of hours and if nothing changes I'll call them back. Thanks!!
    I just called in and cancelled my order

I think i'll just go into the store tomorrow and pick up any color they have (hopefully red)

This whole preorder thing has been a joke by ATT
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Per AT&T's policy on shipments, you cannot have them redirect your order to another location (your home instead of your office or vice versa) and they will not hold your shipment until they have made at least ONE delivery attempt. If anyone knows a way around this I would so appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    Per AT&T's policy on shipments, you cannot have them redirect your order to another location (your home instead of your office or vice versa) and they will not hold your shipment until they have made at least ONE delivery attempt. If anyone knows a way around this I would so appreciate it.
    Nope. AT&T puts notes on their shipments, FedEx has to make a delivery attempt. Just confirmed this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    Nope. AT&T puts notes on their shipments, FedEx has to make a delivery attempt. Just confirmed this.
    They said it's in AT&T's contract with FedEx and not even AT&T can waive this requirement. I'm sure they basically *can* but doing so would result in just about everyone doing this. Pisses me off. If I'm not home to sign for the package - I won't be - it will be returned to the service center. If it gets to the service center, it won't be until closer to 8:00pm. I live 45 minutes away from the service center, which is only 15 minutes from my work.

I just want the phone I've already paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    They said it's in AT&T's contract with FedEx and not even AT&T can waive this requirement. I'm sure they basically *can* but doing so would result in just about everyone doing this. Pisses me off. If I'm not home to sign for the package - I won't be - it will be returned to the service center. If it gets to the service center, it won't be until closer to 8:00pm. I live 45 minutes away from the service center, which is only 15 minutes from my work.

I just want the phone I've already paid for.
    I confirmed on my shipment that signature is NOT required. But to be on the safe side, you can leave a note on the door telling the driver to leave the package on your doorstep. Problem solved!

Edit, you are right, had AT&T and FedEx switched :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Commuting to and from work I put two hours in on the road Monday - Friday. I just want my phone a little bit earlier in the day so I can charge it and play with it before I'm home for the weekend.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Nevermind

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Just checked my tracking and phone has arrived in Sacramento, my local hub, from TN. Should be delivered tomorrow as promised.

Charging plate says Monday delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spdracer1 View Post
    Just checked my tracking and phone has arrived in Sacramento, my local hub, from TN. Should be delivered tomorrow as promised.

Charging plate says Monday delivery.
    LUCKY! I'm in Sacramento and I won't get the phone until Monday....picking up a phone tomorrow since I can't wait lol
    HTC Surround / HTC Titan / Lumia 900 / Lumia 920 / Lumia 1020 / Lumia 1520 / Lumia 521 / Samsung ATIV Odyssey

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ky Phan View Post
    I just called in and cancelled my order

I think i'll just go into the store tomorrow and pick up any color they have (hopefully red)

This whole preorder thing has been a joke by ATT
    Yea I did the same thing.

Holy Crap. Ordered my phone yesterday... Had to call though. Just checked the status and it has shipped and is en-route.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Been a Premier customer for a while through a corporate account ...

Pre-ordered good 'ol matte black with the charging pad Wednesday morning. By that afternoon, order went from Processing to Shipped for the 920 and the SIM - arriving at my office tomorrow before 430pm. I received notice this afternoon that my charging pad shipped out today and will be in my hands by the 12th.

On a side note ... Just joined the community here! Been an iPhone user since 2007 and I'm really excited about WP8 and the 920. Hope I can be a productive member of WPCentral :).

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by crav4speed View Post
    Has anyone else received a status of "Attention"??

I preordered about an hour ago through premier and now the status says "Attention". I called them up and they said everything looked fine on their end and that my order is still in process and will be shipped within 24-48 hours.

I was having a problem with the website where it kept giving me technical difficulties until I finally got an email that the order was processed. I never got a confirmation through the website that the order was placed though because it kept telling me there were technical difficulties. This deal better go through!
    Update: I called again this morning and was very nice and polite on the phone. I calmly explained the situation to the rep. She told me that the order didn't go through yesterday so she put me on hold for a few minutes and now my status has been changed to Preorder Processing. My credit card has now been authorized and she even gave me free overnight shipping! I guess I won't be partying till monday though :(
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_sound View Post
    Been a Premier customer for a while through a corporate account ...

Pre-ordered good 'ol matte black with the charging pad Wednesday morning. By that afternoon, order went from Processing to Shipped for the 920 and the SIM - arriving at my office tomorrow before 430pm. I received notice this afternoon that my charging pad shipped out today and will be in my hands by the 12th.

On a side note ... Just joined the community here! Been an iPhone user since 2007 and I'm really excited about WP8 and the 920. Hope I can be a productive member of WPCentral :).

Cheers!
    Congrats on your new device and Welcome to WPC! If you get a chance, create an Introduction and tell us a little bit about yourself. Maybe even after you get the device and tell us your first impressions.

And don't forget to change your device when you get it ;):P

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    My red is "on vehicle for delivery", with it supposedly arriving no later than 4:30. FedEx is usually pretty good, and seems to either come around 10am-ish or 2pm-ish, so I hope to have it before then.

My charging pad shipped separately and is due Monday.
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    I convinced FedEx to break policy and hold my Lumia for pick up from the service center today. In a couple of hours I will be heading out that way to pick up the phone and activate it. Hopefully that doesn't end up being a big hassle. FedEx this morning was very accomodating. I figured the worst they could tell me was no, but since the shipment was techincally now at the service center they had the ability to physically pull the shipment and set it aside.

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Yayyyyyyy, it just arrived!!!!!!

I'm working from home today, and luckily am almost done for the day with my work, so I'll be able to dive into it soon. Will post first impressions later.

:D:D:D

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Just find out that if your status is attention, you need call premier to ask them to process the order for you. And you need to call multiple times until they are willing to process the order for you.

I call 3 times, the first 2 times, there is no any helpful information they can provide. I guess it is because the guy picked up the call is not knowledgable...The last time when I called, the guy told me the order is already 24 hours old. He was able to reprocess the whole order for me and finish the order process. Now what I need to wait is the shipping email...

Do not know how long it will take to get the tracking info.

My Case: ordered Cyan one on midnight of Nov. 6. Status changed from preprocessing to attention on Nov 7. Then nothing happens...

I guess the reason I got "attention" is because I am porting a number and I am new to Premier...

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    I didn't start seeing my tracking info until about half a day after the phone had actually shipped.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    Because he found a buyer for his One X. Once you get a good price, you go with it.

The LG Optimus G can be returned as soon as he gets his Lumia.

I would do something like that, but I'm a phone *****, I'd probably end up keeping the Optimus too! Hah.

Basically. I had tried to sell the one x before and it sat on craigslist and swappa for almost a month with no takers so when someone offered me $300 for it but they needed it that day I jumped. I also figured that buying the LG at full price and returning it a couple days later was less overall hassle than going to ATT to get a new sim card for this flip phone.. switching data plans, then going back a day later to get a different sim card again (since the flip uses full size sim) and having to switch data plans back. Plus it gave me a chance to try a phone that I had a mild interest in (as well as an interest in the nexus 4 which is an offshoot of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by tlegend2012 View Post
    The plate will come with the phone, eventhough it doesn't show under the status.
    this is confirmed 100% sure.
    Good luck with the plate and 100% guaranteed.

Here's what I think is going on. When you have a multi-part order, AT&T policy is to wait to ship the entire order, EXCEPT this is an official Big Deal, so they are overriding that and shipping the phone. Problem is that it appears they have no real mechanism for tracking that.

What I have is an order confirmation that said "everything ships together," another shipping confirmation with tracking # that said "part of your order cannot ship," and a Nokia 920 that arrived yesterday without a charger plate (and the SIM inserted upside down) in spite of never seeing any indication on the order that they were out (ordered mine at 12:10 am on the 7th CST).

Considering AT&T's ability to screw up the simplest thing, the chances of us ever seeing that free charging plate are slim to none, I'd wager. You might simply view the money spent on a charger as an investment in the sanity you'd forfeit if you called AT&T.

(And yes, the Premier system is one of the dumbest setups ever. Marketed as a "premium" upgrade and serviced like I just answered an ad for a Russian bride. :dry)

I got my Lumia 920's on Friday, and the charging plates yesterday, Monday. Works great.

My charging plate came in yesterday, of course I also manually added the plate to my order so I was able to track its status the whole time...
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Droid DNA
    Surface Pro 128GB

Well my Cyan 920 that I ordered right when preorders started via Premium came yesterday. There was no charging plate in the package. I didnt add it during the process as I assumed it would be added automatically (which for some it actually has). I am not going to bother dealing with ATT anymore. If it comes on its own it does, otherwise oh well.

I am not too interested in the charging plate now anyway. I am looking into buying the charging stand. The 920 has a much worse viewing angle than the 920 and you really need to look at the screen right on or it is very dim for some reason. The AMOLED 900 is just as bright and clear from any angle. So I really want a charger I can put on my desk that angles the phone towards me.

Well, at&t premier now shows that it shipped this morning even though I didn't get an email stating that it was shipped. FedEx shows I'll get it tomorrow morning!! Can't wait :)
    Windows - Surface RT

Windows Phone - Dell Venue Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 1520

Windows Mobile - i-mate SP5 | HTC 8525 | HTC Touch HD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast