Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My line is eligible for upgrade and was able to get the cyan 920 added to cart for $99. But when I added the black wireless charge plate no discount shows up, even at the last step. I did some testing, looks like you have to be paying at least $20 on the data plan in order to get the charge plate for free, which is stated in the free wireless plate terms and conditions. The line I'm upgrading has the grandfathered $15 200mb plan, looks like the system won't allow me to get the discount. May have to skip the promotion this time and just get it at the store on Friday. Anyone else have this problem with a $15 data plan?
    I had the same issue. When I got my confirmation email it had the price of the phone $199.99, wireless charger $49.00 and the upgrade fee and taxes for a total of $301.xx. They have also already authorized my bank for like $265 of it. Plus I have the $50 DataPro plan too and I read the terms and conditions three times before submitting the order for the $100 rebate and free charger, and I met them both.

i ordered it anyway. I will try to contact the cs to solve this issue. I don't think they will charge it.It might just be system problem with the preorder phone cuz others get their phone without any hassles.

Well, at least you can SEE the wireless charger. I can't find it on the web site anywhere, and it doesn't show up as an available accessory when placing a pre-order for the phone.

I chatted with a representative, and he said that it's a problem they're running into. He said the best thing to do is simply complete the pre-order for the phone, and then call Customer Care when they open in a few hours and have them add the wireless charging plates to our order (we're getting multiple 920s for the account).

Interestingly, he also added, "We're seeing a LOT of pre-orders for the 920, and it's better to get that order in now than risk them being on back-order by waiting until tomorrow." Hmm... That's a good sign, eh?

I tried to see what was up via Online Chat but they just told me to contact Order Management via phone.

She did say this though:

Denise: Great! Thank you. That has been a popular phone this morning.

Finally got mine to go though, I had to call and speak to a person to update my plan type because it was 'expired', So now I have the same plan with a new code in their system. Before I was seeing a price of $244 before tax, now I see a price of $99 before tax so if you didn't see the $99 price with the charge plate in the cart, I suggest you call and talk to support. AT&T really need to smooth out the upgrade process because there was no way for me to do it correctly without talking to a person. I see now why apple does their own pre-orders. Wonder how many sells will be lost because the this pre-order fiasco. But for me all is good finally, pre-order is done.

Quote Originally Posted by tapiocamilktea View Post
    My line is eligible for upgrade and was able to get the cyan 920 added to cart for $99. But when I added the black wireless charge plate no discount shows up, even at the last step. I did some testing, looks like you have to be paying at least $20 on the data plan in order to get the charge plate for free, which is stated in the free wireless plate terms and conditions. The line I'm upgrading has the grandfathered $15 200mb plan, looks like the system won't allow me to get the discount. May have to skip the promotion this time and just get it at the store on Friday. Anyone else have this problem with a $15 data plan?
    i don't have any issues. Got lumia 920 with free wireless charging plate for $99. But you should select black charging plate to get free chargining plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tapiocamilktea View Post
    i don't have any issues. I got it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSc00teR View Post

Interestingly, he also added, "We're seeing a LOT of pre-orders for the 920, and it's better to get that order in now than risk them being on back-order by waiting until tomorrow." Hmm... That's a good sign, eh?
    That's a good salesman! :lol:

“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Cyan 920 $99 wireless plate wasn't on the site. I even had the chat rep try placing the order and looking for the plate but it was no where. I got the phone for $99 total $108 . I called customer service 2 hours after I got my confirmation email and the rep couldn't find my order . She also couldn't find anything about a wireless plate. She notes my account. That if my order doesn't ship "if I even have an order" with the plate for me to pick one up at my local store

When I did the order it told me to add the charger to my cart right after I added the phone. There is no picture to find it, but be aware there is the plate and stand in the list of accessories.

I called into customer support this morning and was informed they only had a limited supply of the free chargers and that the promotion is ALREADY OVER. I am excited about getting the phone-but this is a horrible experience when a promoted item is only made available to the lucky few who manage to get through in the initial hours.

At least you are getting to order. Mine stalls out at services every time. Had the chat person helping and still failed. Ultimately, she said to call them. ATT has serious problems with their site and their customer service. They suck.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yeah i Could not order my free wireless charging pad too... i called them and they like... we have no idea about free wireless charging pad...

oh well i will call them later... and my black lumia is processing now ;)

I was able to pre-order a red 920 but just like many others I couldn't find the plate anywhere on the site. After seeing posts in this thread I gave their customer care a call and after 30 minutes (the first rep was very nice and we even had a nice chat while she was checking in the system for it, the second not so much) I got disconnected and decided that I'll deal with that issue later.

Quote Originally Posted by firewall2302 View Post
    I was able to pre-order a red 920 but just like many others I couldn't find the plate anywhere on the site. After seeing posts in this thread I gave their customer care a call and after 30 minutes (the first rep was very nice and we even had a nice chat while she was checking in the system for it, the second not so much) I got disconnected and decided that I'll deal with that issue later.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news- but I did speak to a rep who knew about the charger pads. She had her manager look into this and they discovered there were only a limited number of chargers and the supply has already been exhausted. So if you did not have the luck of being early enough to grab one then it looks like we are S.O.L.

I'm sure they'll honor the promotion. We just have to harass CS! :P

To be optimistic, the promotion was supposed to last until the end of the year so we have plenty of time to get our plates.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire2024 View Post
    To be optimistic, the promotion was supposed to last until the end of the year so we have plenty of time to get our plates.
    I sure hope so. I would hate to lose out on that accessory because I didn't want to stay up until 2am to try and pre-order the phone. I was going to do it at the AT&T store over my lunch break because I need to sign up for a whole new contract. I'm moving from VZW and doing that stuff online makes me a little nervous.

I preordered the minute it went live from the main site early this morning. There was no mention of free chargers anywhere during the order or on the site. It is basically what you see now.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Okcbikeguy View Post
    I called into customer support this morning and was informed they only had a limited supply of the free chargers and that the promotion is ALREADY OVER. I am excited about getting the phone-but this is a horrible experience when a promoted item is only made available to the lucky few who manage to get through in the initial hours.
    Funny how on the site when you pull up the offer details it makes no mention of "While supplies last" and clearly states the promotion is good until 1-10-2013. I think the phone reps are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Funny how on the site when you pull up the offer details it makes no mention of "While supplies last" and clearly states the promotion is good until 1-10-2013. I think the phone reps are clueless.
    Where are those offer details?

In the media release Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T it clearly says "For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate – free of charge – with each purchase of a Lumia 920."

I'm wondering if we can still get the charging plates even if AT&T sold out at that Nokia website? Nokia Free Charger If so I will be going there 11/16 asap.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I ordered mine just now and the pop-up that tells you to get the free charging plate states *with a 2 year agreement. I am not up for an upgrade so it charged me the $49.99 for the charging plate.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscookz View Post
    Where are those offer details?

In the media release Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T it clearly says "For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate – free of charge – with each purchase of a Lumia 920."

I'm wondering if we can still get the charging plates even if AT&T sold out at that Nokia website? Nokia Free Charger If so I will be going there 11/16 asap.
    https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...omo11210900035

Well, I've been getting the runaround on the free wireless charger all morning. Placed an order at 3 AM EST. Called at 7 AM. They ended up cancelling my order and redirecting me to Business Services. They tried to convert my account over to a Small Business Plan (which would have cost me more money, actually, with all our phones). They sent me back to re-order the phone, which I did. Still no free charger plate. I've probably talked with a half dozen AT&T reps today trying to get confirmation that the freebie is part of my order. (What is it with AT&T and bouncing us from department to department when they don't know the answer?)

FINALLY I got ahold of a rep who was patient and understanding. She did some checking with supervisors, who in turn checked with someone else -- all while I was still on the line. The Sales Department was told that because it was a press-release promotional, the wireless chargers will automatically be added with the phones when they're shipped. She said they were being told that from multiple sources.

HOWEVER, she also said that I should print out my invoice, print out a copy of the press release from the AT&T web site, and hold 'em until the phones arrive. In the event that there are no chargers with my new phones, I should take the paperwork to my local AT&T store (corporate owned, not franchised) and show it to them. She assured me that they would make arrangements to get the chargers to me for free -- either from their stock or by expediting a shipment.

The one thing I was told repeatedly was that I can rest assured that I'll somehow be getting chargers with my new phones. Yay.

Scott
    Thanked by:
    phirefly likes this.

That brings me to a business page that I don't have a login for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast