Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stmav
  • 1 Post By chaosavatar123
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake

I was just wondering if any of you guys on the forums have friends who have windows phones as well; in my case all of my friends have either android or ios phones.

Personally I don't have any friends who have windows phone (if fact the majority of my friends have iphones). I haven't even met anyone who has a windows phone, so I kinda feel like I'm taking a gamble on WP8 (upgrading from an iPhone 3gs to the Lumia 920). I know for sure I am getting the Lumia 920 though because it's a great deal from ATT.

I'm the same way...all are Android or iOS. I have had an iPhone since they first came out and just sold my 5 to buy the 920. I guess I will be a trend setter ;-)
    One of my friends has a Lumia 710 that I convinced her to get. She loves it. She was thinking of getting an 8X but changed her mind. I have another friend who's got an Android phone she hates. I've convinced her to go with a WP8 when her contract is up, so she'll probably be getting the Lumia 810 or another Nokia should T-Mobile get more by September of next year. :)

Global Posts
    2,617 Global Posts
    All iPhones here.

Yeah I remember my friend (who has an iPhone 4S) was over yesterday, and when I mentioned I was planning on getting a windows phone he put it down by saying the app store doesn't have enough apps and he didn't really like the os. I agreed with him since his opinion was vaild and I didn't want to counter by talking about WP8 (since it's not out yet in the US).

2 weeks ago i saw the first windows phone other than mine out in the wild and it was actually a person that i had met before. I have a friend that has a iphone 3gs that is due for an upgrade ive been trying to convince him to get a WP and he says he likes the look of them.
    Banned

Me: HTC HD2 (WP7) > Lumia 920

Mom: Siemens M55 > Lumia 920

My Friend: iPhone 4S > Lumia 920
  8. cgk

Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    None - I doubt they are aware they exist, I have a few swooping from Blackberry to iphones and the rest are android users or already on iphones.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    My son has the 900 and my wife has the arrive. Come Friday I will crush them both with the 920.

Also have a couple of friends with windows phones. Hoping to add to that when I start showing off my new one and what it does with my surface.
    metalchick719 likes this.

Almost everyone I know is either on an iPhone or Android. :/ Well, there is 1 friend who's planning on ditching his Blackberry, and I've been trying to convince him to move to WP.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I have two friends with Windows Phones. One has a Lumia 710, the other has a Samsung Focus. Everyone else I knows thinks I'm strange for getting a Windows Phone or just assumes what I have is an Android because they don't even know about Windows Phone.

90% iphones - 10% android. Don't ask me how I survive when I use my Symbian phone amongst them.. its mostly "its got a 41Mpix camera.." and then they stop talking.

I am getting a 920..again, I will be the only one in the group.

One of my friends picked up a Lumia out of the blue.

There are some very good WP7.5 deals now (as you would expect) which look tempting to people who don't know any different.

My dad, mom, sister, and friend all have windows phones. I of course do too. My bro is the only iPhone holdout.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Myself, my girlfriend, and my Dad have windows phones (3 Samsung focus, 2 hTC titans).

We all have upgrades and will be getting 920s.

My Mom still rocks winmo6.5 lmao! Blackjack 2 ftw! She will be getting my Dad's Titan.

Converted a friend with an iPhone4s to buy a lumia 920 with his upgrade.

Also helped another friend just cancel her iPhone 5 order to wait for the Nokia lumia 822
    Last edited by irvin792; 11-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.

A friend of mine has the HTC Titan, and because he has it and it runs that smoothly another is getting the HTC 8S probably. I'm getting the Lumia 920, and my brother is probably buying the HTC 8S for his girlfriend.

More and more people around me are buying Microsoft products, I think that now Windows 8 is released it is going quickly. I suspect a 5-7% market share at the end of 2013

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    One of my friends has a Lumia 710 that I convinced her to get. She loves it. She was thinking of getting an 8X but changed her mind. I have another friend who's got an Android phone she hates. I've convinced her to go with a WP8 when her contract is up, so she'll probably be getting the Lumia 810 or another Nokia should T-Mobile get more by September of next year. :)
    I think the Lumia 920 should be on T-Mobile by the time your friends contract expires.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts
    none of my friends have windows phones right now. half of them said they will by the end of the year! all are very tech knowledgeable and switching from iphones
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Um... Yes I have many friends with Windows Phone. My Wife, Son and Daughter all have them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    I have two friends with Windows Phones. One has a Lumia 710, the other has a Samsung Focus. Everyone else I knows thinks I'm strange for getting a Windows Phone or just assumes what I have is an Android because they don't even know about Windows Phone.
    That sounds very familiar to me. When I first started talking to people about WP, the first thing they would ask me is if they're prone to viruses. :-/ I also have a friend I bowl with who, when I told him I was going to be getting a WP, said, "Don't get a Windows Phone!" He has an HTC Sensation and just got an iPhone 4S that literally gets no service at our bowling alley.