Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

With all the people talking about the weight, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me of a household object with similar weight and size just so I can get a feel for it. Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb888 View Post
    With all the people talking about the weight, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me of a household object with similar weight and size just so I can get a feel for it. Thanks!
    Tough one. A large apple would probably be close to 6 ounces/180 grams. I think 6 or 7 slices of sliced bread is 6 ounces.

Didn't one review say 20 1 coins? If you're in the UK and you have a bunch of 1 coins lying around...

The dummy phone in the store feels fine. I'm guess from the reviews, the actual 920 is heavier. I haven't seen one review that doesn't highlight the weight.

I heard from some people on the forum that a refridgerator would be a good comparison.

Maybe a washer or dryer would work too.

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    I think a toyota camry may be an equivalent

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb888 View Post
    A clawfoot tub circa 1912.
    My next phone...
    Laura Knotek likes this.

180ml of water.
    tumaykilinc likes this.

The closest thing I found in my house was a Lumia 900. That should give you a pretty good idea.

You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    If the weight is an issue maybe it's time to hit the gym. ;) Honestly the heavier the better. I want to know it's in my pocket. Drop a Samsung and you get to play 52 pickup. Drop a Nokia and you leave a dent in the concrete. Heavy is always better I don't care what people say. It means quality products. Light =value engineered to be the minimum to get them through the warranty period, most of the time.
    Thanked by:
    Xsever 

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts
    ask jessica alba, somehow she manages to lug the thing around...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    ask jessica alba, somehow she manages to lug the thing around...
    ...but doesn't she have a two wheeler to lug it around on?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Half a can of coke or beer.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I thought it was closer to the weight of a Hummer??? I mean, they both come in yellow!

Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Oh my Lord, you guys totally made my day. I had a cr@ppy day at work and need a good laugh! Thank you!

:P
    crystal_planet likes this.

Silly people, the 920 is the weight of a Nimitz class supercarrier.

In all seriousness though, the iphone 4 + a specs hard case is about 182 grams, if that gives you any reference. If people can carry around an iphone 4 with a case, they can carry around the L920.
    Thanked by:
    Xsever 
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

kind of puts that whole 'weight' thing into perspective huh. Wow.

Seriously. The Lumia 920 weighs as much as a half can of coke or beer. Is it that big of deal?
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    kind of puts that whole 'weight' thing into perspective huh. Wow.

Seriously. The Lumia 920 weighs as much as a half can of coke or beer. Is it that big of deal?
    Yes... It is! When you're not a professional beer drinker, this weight can be intimidating... A strawberry daiquiri may be more suitable for you! :)
    If you happen to have a supermassive back hole lying around your house...then that.
    Thanked by:

A US penny weighs 2.5 grams. It would take 74 pennies to make 185 grams.

If you have pennies laying around, roll up 50 in a penny paper roll. Then roll up 24 in another paper roll. Hold them in one hand.

Remember, the weight you feel from the pennies will be concentrated on a much smaller surface area. On the 920, those 185 grams will be pretty much evenly distributed over a larger surface area. Truth is that when actual customers get a hold of the 920, they'll be scratching their head trying to figure out why some of these reviews went of over something so trivial.

My Titan II w/case weighs over 7 oz so this will be a welcome reduction.

Lumia 920 = a 5lb dumbbell.

Every other smarphone in existence = A piece of paper (more sheets depending on how big the phone is. Iphone5 would be 1 sheet, Galaxy S3 would be 3 sheets, Galaxy Note would be 10 sheets.)

No joke, you need to have bulging muscles to handle the Lumia 920, its that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantenemybird View Post
    If you happen to have a supermassive back hole lying around your house...then that.

This made me laugh. Bully day sir!

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squachy View Post
    Lumia 920 = a 5lb dumbbell.

Every other smarphone in existence = A piece of paper (more sheets depending on how big the phone is. Iphone5 would be 1 sheet, Galaxy S3 would be 3 sheets, Galaxy Note would be 10 sheets.)

No joke, you need to have bulging muscles to handle the Lumia 920, its that bad.
    I hope that was sarcasm.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    palandri likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast