Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    @mcmikel what case and charger are you using i just bought a screen protector and am looking for a case that will still allow me to charge it. Also need a spare charger for the desk at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmikel View Post
    I had a buddy who just returned from Hong Kong pick me up some generic wireless charging pads with the QI standard and they work great.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...lw/charger.jpg
    Wow, those actually LOOK very nice too. That's not something I can say about any of the other chargers I have seen. What did this cost, if you don't mind? I find something that looks the same, but they are $50 on eBay. At that point I would rather just buy the Nokia and KNOW what I am getting and have support if it ever fails.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I got my free pad from Nokia, but looking for others to place in home/work/would love car one....and going to Hong Kong for work in January. I hope to do some shopping :)

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I had a buddy who just returned from Hong Kong pick me up some generic wireless charging pads with the QI standard and they work great.

I have been using it for a day now, testing the charge rate and the phone charges about 10% for every 20 minutes. The minutes are an approximant as I am at work trying to monitor it and sometimes I get distracted. I will try to confirm the numbers in the next few days. The charging pads were $20 each and I had him buy me 3 (for use at work and home). The phone and charging pad get a little warm to the touch which is to be expected and the charger has an auto shut off once the phone indicates it is fully charged. Manual was in English by the way.

Pic below of everything it came with

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...lw/charger.jpg
    I've seen these online while looking for an alternative to the Nokia charging plate, but I was a bit suspicious because they were from Hong Kong and I wasn't confident that it would be a quality product. I'll keep it in mind now, though!

im really interested in getting a few too, but not willing to pay $40+ for each.

Please keep the thread up to date guys with your finidngs!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunydub View Post
    Can anyone in UK find a cheap QI power mat, I am having real trouble finding any
    Cheapest I could find was a 40 maxell charger at play.com. Does the trick

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Update on the charging pad... Still no issues. Works great! I have one in my bedroom, one in the living room and one at work. Once the phone is fully charged, the pad lets out a low level single beep to indicate that it is not charging anymore. The phone chargers much faster on the charging pad than the wall adapter (although I have only used the wall adapter twice as the phone is always living on the charging pad.

I am heading to Korea tonight and while there, I will see if there are any QI standard charging adapters that are inexpensive. The electronics in Korea are not worth buying as they are overpriced but I have found that the accessories are quite a bit lower than the states. I will report back

Update: I've ordered the energizer pad for home, i'll report back once i get it!!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Update on the charging pad... Still no issues. Works great! I have one in my bedroom, one in the living room and one at work. Once the phone is fully charged, the pad lets out a low level single beep to indicate that it is not charging anymore. The phone chargers much faster on the charging pad than the wall adapter (although I have only used the wall adapter twice as the phone is always living on the charging pad.

I am heading to Korea tonight and while there, I will see if there are any QI standard charging adapters that are inexpensive. The electronics in Korea are not worth buying as they are overpriced but I have found that the accessories are quite a bit lower than the states. I will report back
    Please keep us posted on this. Thanks!

So just a little update. I ordered a case for my Nokia Lumia 920 off eBay from a seller in Hong Kong and it only took 5 days to receive it, nice!

Having my phone in the case (leather case), I am still able to use the wireless charging pad. The case gets a little warm but it still charges. Very interesting...
    How is that possible?! Everything I ordered from HK or China takes around 3-4 weeks at least to arrive -_-

Hi,

Can you ask your friend from where he buy this chargers in Hk?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12