Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metalchick719
    Banned

Leaked SDK had a call block feature, is this enabled in the final build under settings?
    Banned

Anyone?

No

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    I couldn't find it in the phone settings.

I would love to have that too. Especially now that more and more people and companies get your number.

In the meantime I simply don't answer the phone from area codes I'm unfamiliar with.

“You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.”― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)
    If I were you, I would contact my carrier about call blocking. It seems that no phone has that feature these days. You have to go through your carrier. One of my friends was asking about this on Facebook just the other day, ironically enough.
    aubreyq likes this.

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    If I were you, I would contact my carrier about call blocking. It seems that no phone has that feature these days. You have to go through your carrier. One of my friends was asking about this on Facebook just the other day, ironically enough.
    Verizon has a feature to block up to 5 numbers for a set number of days, its free to use.

Other carriers have options for a small fee.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 1520, iPhone 6
    Surface Pro 128GB

There is a call blocker function in my Omnia w. It works well. I can add unlimited numbers to the list.
    Samsung Ativ S seems to have it too.
    Samsung ATIV S hands-on pictures reveals Call Blocking, Bluetooth Contacts Import feature | WMPoweruser

Can someone explain the value in blocking calls? Are we talking about un-solicited sales calls? When I get those it's never from the same number twice so how would blocking it help? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the need. Now a dis-gruntled mistress or ex-girlfriend...THAT I can see a need for!

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    That's not true. All Android HTC's I have owned has had this feature. I don't know about the rest of the Android-brands.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the Ativ S has the option...got to play with one last month for a few minutes. So would be nice if Nokia enabled that feature in the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaMan View Post
    Can someone explain the value in blocking calls? Are we talking about un-solicited sales calls? When I get those it's never from the same number twice so how would blocking it help? Maybe I'm mis-understanding the need. Now a dis-gruntled mistress or ex-girlfriend...THAT I can see a need for!
    Its most likely the latter. Especially in my case lol. Either way it is a nifty feature.

To Topic Creator: You will have to suffice for a Call Block App off the marketplace/store