Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STM 69 View Post
    Local AT&T store says they know it's coming soon, nothing more - no training, etc. Said they typically get their training 'day of'.

Called AT&T cust svc & they tell me absolutely 11/11 - even scheduled a call back for one of their reps to call me on 11/11 to confirm availability & take my order.

Hopelly the 11/9 rumor is true so when they call & can tell them I'm talking to them on my new phone :)
    Not possibe for u to walk in to store and get on 11/9. That is probably for online oreorders shipping and delivery on 9th like 900 where proerders got it early.

Most likely u can walj in and get on 12th since the 11th is a sunday and att stores are tyoically closed on sunday

I reckon it will touch down 9th November in UK. Boom, this time next week I could have it. Just got to avoid those ropey ee price plans. The ee stores were jam packed at the weekend, can't get my head around it. For me, their prices are awful. I would love a 12 month contract though.

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.
    Here is the problem . Ms held a launch event on the 29th. You dont hold a launch
    event without having release dates and pricing without people not getting pissed. Since tmobile already priced and dated, att shoukd be ablw to.

When you hold a launch event and yes ms used launch, the ohone better be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Not possibe for u to walk in to store and get on 11/9. That is probably for online oreorders shipping and delivery on 9th like 900 where proerders got it early.

Most likely u can walj in and get on 12th since the 11th is a sunday and att stores are tyoically closed on sunday
    All stores around me open at 12:00 pm on Sundays...

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    All stores around me open at 12:00 pm on Sundays...
    Not me all corporate stores in my area in california are closed. Only authorized retailers are open and they probably would not have early.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I'm done waiting. And the 11th is WAY too long. I think we should drop this phone out of PRINCIPLE

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.
    That's all fine and well but, it has been released to public already in select markets. Your argument doesn't stand.

Same here in NC, all AT&T store open on Sunday's. WTF is the hold up, if release is next week Sunday, then need to start per-orders now.

Man, I can't wait for the Lumia 920 (and the rest of the WP8 devices) finally launch, then I'll be so busy complaining about how long it took and how I *should* have had it a week earlier. That day is going to be great!

- Said no one ever...

Seriously, it'll come out. I'm thankful that I already have it pre-ordered and it'll just show up at my house (hopefully this week).

The question is, will I (and all the others) get our phones before or after AT&T officially announces when its coming out...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncxcstud View Post
    Man, I can't wait for the Lumia 920 (and the rest of the WP8 devices) finally launch, then I'll be so busy complaining about how long it took and how I *should* have had it a week earlier. That day is going to be great!

- Said no one ever...

Seriously, it'll come out. I'm thankful that I already have it pre-ordered and it'll just show up at my house (hopefully this week).

The question is, will I (and all the others) get our phones before or after AT&T officially announces when its coming out...
    You're right, when it's all said and done we'll forget about this awful wait.

I would expect them to announce pre-orders tomorrow ( Monday) for availability on the 11th. Hopefully those who pre-order will get them on the 9th. The wait is killing me too, but we are in the homestretch, we just need to hang in there.

Not gonna lie, as much as I'm trying to be civil about this, the wait has become agonizing. Sure, you can pre-order from BestBuy and Ebay, but without an official announcement from AT&T, it's akin to putting a pacifier of a starving babies mouth. He'll shut up for a bit, but then realize it's BS and starts crying again.

And that Nov 4 rumor that got a Rumormeter of "10" is starting to feel like a stab to the chest.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I wonder if they decided to scrap preorders period after both Best Buy and Ebay/BBMobile botched it.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I canceled my best buy pre order days ago.

Global Posts
    1,401 Global Posts
    att sucks

Worst launch ever. How is it that here in the USA we don't even have a launch date and yet right accross the border in Canada, they already can buy them? It's a joke and I hope lots of people get fired for it. This is not how you run a successful buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by dgr_874 View Post
    Worst launch ever. How is it that here in the USA we don't even have a launch date and yet right accross the border in Canada, they already can buy them? It's a joke and I hope lots of people get fired for it. This is not how you run a successful buisness.
    Couldn't agree more. They have really beat up the hype by how early it was announced to the time it comes out and the fact that we are supposed to be a week from release it hasn't been let on that it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    I wonder if they decided to scrap preorders period after both Best Buy and Ebay/BBMobile botched it.
    No additional news from your source? Not being a smartass, genuinely interested. Rumor news is better than no news (as long as you dont let it consume you)!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    No additional news from your source? Not being a smartass, genuinely interested. Rumor news is better than no news (as long as you dont let it consume you)!
    Like I said. I haven't spoken to him since before the Windows Phone 8 launch event. And as of then, it was suppose to be preorders on the 4th and launch on the 11th.

But then we had our second accidental preorder open up by Ebay/BB Mobile. So who knows what might have changed.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I doubt you have ever run a business as successful as Nokia or that you have done 1/10 what Stephen Elop has professionally, so just have a seat and calm down. It's just a phone. It will be released when it's time. Probably within a week based on most rumors.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Here is the problem . Ms held a launch event on the 29th. You dont hold a launch
    event without having release dates and pricing without people not getting pissed. Since tmobile already priced and dated, att shoukd be ablw to.

When you hold a launch event and yes ms used launch, the ohone better be ready.
    Why? who determined that this is the only way?
    People are always going to get pissed about something.
    They launched the OS, not a device, so again why?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhonemilk View Post
    I'm done waiting. And the 11th is WAY too long. I think we should drop this phone out of PRINCIPLE
    Yeah, I'm going to abandon the phone that's #1 on my list because 1 less sale out of millions will really hurt Nokia and prove a princple. :lol:

You guys are ridiculous. Calm down.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    2,357 Global Posts
    Unless they plan to overnight all preorders I think anyone waiting to preorder this phone that is supposed to be available in 5 days is wasting their time. Might as well just go with the 8X, that's available to buy now right? ;)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VizagDude View Post
    WTF AT&T. I am really pissed. I want my Nokia Lumia 920 RIGHT NOW! Please take my money. I called ATT this morning to see if I can pre-order. The lady put me on hold for few minutes saying that she is bringing up the order form... my hopes were high.. then she started apologizing and said I cannot order and there is no release date as yet.

I sewer, this is very frustrating when they announce a phone that everybody wants and then don't talk about the availability and pricing...
    I know it's frustrating, but there's no sense in getting upset and driving yourself crazy over it. It's just a damn cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by VizagDude View Post
    This is the reason why Windows Phone will not catch up with Android or Apple. Period.
    No, it isn't.
    aubreyq and Ebaneeezor like this.

Looks like Canada got a limited supply only, and general sales have yet to start.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast