- 11-02-2012, 02:15 AM #1
I have both htc one x nd ipad...but never used any wp before...so i was curious about few things before i change 920 woth my onex...
1. Can firmware be changed or can it be jailbreak or rooted?
2. Do we have to wait for the update region wise like that on the andriod or it pushes all over the world same time like ios.
3. Push notifications really work like a charm just like andriod and ios?
4. Caches can be cleared?
6. If facebook is linked then will it notify about the birthdays? Like on htc sense
7. Are contacts automatically linked to the facebook and twitter contacts and as well as their pics or have to link them and put their pics manually
8. File manager? For cut copy paste
9. Can hide the files? Something like if we put .nomedia file in any directory through file manager then it will not show it in gallery and music on android.
10. Gesture typing?
11. Can recieve sms and whatsapp msg instanlty...i mean no lag in sms and whatsapp app.?
13.Does wifi sleep after screen lock? Or is there any option to keep it awake all the time?
14. Call recorder?
I think thats a lot of questions but thanks anyway...
11-03-2012, 05:48 AM #2
- 1,648 Posts
I can try to awnser some of your questions.
1. I don't think so, the 800 or 900 can't.
2. I don't know, we have to wait in 7.5 but it could be different in 8.
3. Yes they do.
4. I don't think so unfortunately.
5. There isn't any official dropbox client yet but there are some third party apps that I haven't tried but I think they work great. You also have SkyDrive deeply integrated in the OS so I think you should switch from dropbox to SkyDrive if you buy a 920.
7. They are linked automatically.
8. Unfortunately not...
10. No, why do you need that, it's much slower than using a keyboard!?
11. I haven't tried whatsapp but sms works great and I think whatsapp does to.
12. What do you mean? You can see which apps are running and you can choose which apps can run in the background.
13. Yes it boes and you can't change that but there is a app called keep alive which keeps it on.
14. I don't think so but I'm not sure...
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
11-03-2012, 06:32 AM #4
- 206 Posts
- 11-03-2012, 06:41 AM #5
some questions specific about 920...
i am confused about clear black display... i really want it but in one review it says not that clearly black... can anyone confirm it?
next question is about the screen... on my one x there is very small gap between the body and screen but dusty particles tend to stick into it... i really want to know does same happens to 920 also?
i wish someone could compare screens of one x and 920 because both are best of their worlds...
i also want to know about the call quality...is the sound both side very crisp and noise cancellation works well? on my one x it's not that good but it was great on note... even when i used to drive motorcycle the person on other side used to think i am in a quiet room...
few more questions coming lol...
thanks by the way
11-03-2012, 08:24 AM #6
- 226 Posts
There are many reviews out there that talk about the screen, read them. Clear back isn't supposed to be for very dark blacks like with AMOLED screens, its main purpose is for better sunlight legibility. It is an IPS display, of course it isn't going to be as black as an AMOLED. Anyway, I haven't heard one person say the screen isn't great so I wouldn't be worried. Most people say the screen is better than the 8x which is pretty much the same screen as the One X.
The screen curves into the shell of the phone so there isn't any gap.
Last edited by devize; 11-03-2012 at 08:33 AM.