Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust
  • 1 Post By pdjcrawford
  • 1 Post By MAERSK

While I highly doubt the unlocked part is true (and agree with the general tone of the article in that it must be a fluke), my curiosity is certainly piqued!! If they're ever confirmed to be sold unlocked, I am pretty sure I'm buying one!

Sold for me to, nothing as frustrating as travelling and having a locked phone.

Does it mean it could support T-Mobile USA 3G network?

Quote Originally Posted by alsg View Post
    Does it mean it could support T-Mobile USA 3G network?
    Yes
    Now, how would us folks in the States get our hands on one is the question? :P Nah, I know we can't get a Rogers exclusive phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    Yes
    Is it guaranteed that it'll work on T-Mobile USA's 3G network?

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...ion/200158.htm

He posted the frequency bands that are listed on the box:

Frequency bands listed on the box: WCDMA850/900/1900/2100/1700_2100 LTE700/850/1900/1700_2100 GSMQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Now, how would us folks in the States get our hands on one is the question? :P Nah, I know we can't get a Rogers exclusive phone.
    I have some family up in Canada so, while I doubt they ship internationally, I can have someone pick up a full price version if they're truly unlocked. Assuming they don't start surfacing online through amazon or somewhere for the same $599. If they're not sold unlocked elsewhere, I could always import a few extra for WPCentral folks on T-Mobile :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyeames View Post
    Is it guaranteed that it'll work on T-Mobile USA's 3G network?
    Yes, because it's pentaband. In the link posted from the OP, the screenshot shows the phone on WIND (a Canadian carrier with the same 3G bands as on T-Mobile US)
    Thanked by:
    metalchick719 likes this.

The international version of the 920 should support ATT and TMOs 3G bands... negrielectronics has the yellow one for $700 .. on preorder

Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    The international version of the 920 should support ATT and TMOs 3G bands... negrielectronics has the yellow one for $700 .. on preorder
    The Lumia 920 on preorder at negrielectronics does not list any WCDMA 1700_2100 frequencies.
    I actually spoke to a customer service rep from Negri Electronics about the yellow Lumia 920 they have. He told me it's not the pentaband version.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

FWIW, I just plunked my T-Mobile SIM card (for stateside traveling) into my hours old 920 from Rogers and it worked like a charm. Received 2 SMS immediately telling me that I'm roaming.

I'll be heading there for Thanksgiving in 3 weeks so I'll really get a sense of the bands then. But of course, I'm thrilled to have an already unlocked phone!
    Thanked by:

I guess for us over here in the US we'll have to check out which version is available at the Microsoft stores. Also the MS stores (online) sell all the phones in every color.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    So where do we get an unlocked phone that'll work for T-Mobile for us US people?