Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Once again new review of Lumia 920. This time by Cnet.
    Can you guess the main negative point? Yes, apps.

Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

Somebody who owns iPad, owned GS2 and iPhone 4S i seem to do just fine. More quality apps are needed, but it's not even close at being as horrible as every review seems to make it to be.
  2. cgk

Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    The battery life concerns me more.

While iOS/Android definitely have a big app advantage, does WP really count as "terrible"?

There's generally an alternative to whatever you are searching for.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    "pitiful app selection"

People like this shouldn't be allowed to do reviews.
    Thanked by:
    cckgz4, rOIVAz, squire777 and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    They mention a lack of detail in the camera in this review too. Looking at the lone sample image, it looks to be almost entirely from way too aggressive noise reduction that is just smearing all the details. I suspect this could be a relatively easy fix for Nokia.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    "Although it packs in a capacious 2,000mAh cell, I found with pretty heavy use (downloading apps, using maps and tracking, sending numerous texts and emails) for around 4 hours it had gone from fully charged to around 25 per cent remaining. It certainly won't last an entire working day"

after reading about the lack of detail in the camera and this f about the battery I think im going to have t ohold off and wait a few weeks before picking one up. if I even do.

Other than the over-complaining about the app situation (which I don't feel, personally), I think it was a pretty useful review. Kinda dismayed by the camera comparisons, though. I was expecting PureView to blow competition out of the water.
    I consider the "lack of apps" to be a non-issue. The majority of the apps I have for my iPhone are games. There are only a few I even play regularly, some of which I could just play on my computer via Facebook. Definitely not a biggie at all. There is one app I have via iOS that isn't available for WP (yet), but that's not an issue because I can just go to a website to access the service. As far as I'm concerned, WP has all the apps that really matter, and it's just a matter of time before more pop up.
    Developer

Its getting boring isn't it. I no longer read Microsoft reviews on tech sites as they are so bias towards Apple its a joke.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer
    cckgz4, squire777 and km99 like this.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    "Although it packs in a capacious 2,000mAh cell, I found with pretty heavy use (downloading apps, using maps and tracking, sending numerous texts and emails) for around 4 hours it had gone from fully charged to around 25 per cent remaining. It certainly won't last an entire working day"

after reading about the lack of detail in the camera and this f about the battery I think im going to have t ohold off and wait a few weeks before picking one up. if I even do.
    I know of NO single phone that will go through a day while using it for navigation.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    "pitiful app selection"

People like this shouldn't be allowed to do reviews.
    Why? The app selection is garbage.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Why? The app selection is garbage.
    It's suppose to be a professional review. And if you want to get technical, there is far more garbage in the Apple and Android store.
    jomarr likes this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    It's suppose to be a professional review. And if you want to get technical, there is far more garbage in the Apple and Android store.
    You're the biggest ****ing *****/troll on these forums. You should get off already.
    Corday108 likes this.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    There are a few apps I really wish I had on Windows Phone, one of them being an RBC app for my banking and the other Flipboard. Otherwise I am pretty sure WP has me covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    You're the biggest ****ing *****/troll on these forums. You should get off already.
    You just got him off with your comment. Lol.

I'm going to wait for a review from a trusted site. You know, the one that gives the 920 a great review.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Your anger is totally getting me off. Let's be mature though. That was just silly and childish.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    You just got him off with your comment. Lol.

I'm going to wait for a review from a trusted site. You know, the one that gives the 920 a great review.
    They gave the 920 a great score. But to call the app selection "pitiful" is a bit over the top.

That photo quality is pretty bad. I was expecting better than that.

They gave the 920 a great score. But to call the app selection "pitiful" is a bit over the top.
    Why? It is pitiful. It's also the most important bit of the review - it's the thing prospective buyers need to be aware of. The advice was no different for Android phones two years ago - beware the dearth of applications.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchef1 View Post
    Why? It is pitiful. It's also the most important bit of the review - it's the thing prospective buyers need to be aware of. The advice was no different for Android phones two years ago - beware the dearth of applications.
    Slim, lacking, meager, thin. All words that could have been used instead of "pitiful".

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Slim, lacking, meager, thin. All words that could have been used instead of "pitiful".
    Exactly, it isn't something I would describe as pitiful. The app selection isn't that bad, plus they're bringing 46 of the top 50 (according to MS) apps. App selection isn't terrible, I would say it's decent, but still not on par with iOS or Android.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    I disagree that the app selection is pitiful. Having had multiple androids and an iPhone , iPad and iMac, there isn't but 1 app that I used regularly that I don't have on wp.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan sink View Post
    I disagree that the app selection is pitiful. Having had multiple androids and an iPhone , iPad and iMac, there isn't but 1 app that I used regularly that I don't have on wp.
    But all of those fat noise apps!

The 920 comes with a charging pad -- a plastic disk that connects to the mains and sits on your desk

Well, no?

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post

Uhh, this is true of every single phone... every single one. It's like saying, "After repeatedly bashing my head against a wall, this ACME brand helmet showed extensive wear." No duh.....

The 920 comes with a charging pad -- a plastic disk that connects to the mains and sits on your desk

Well, no?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast