Like Tree13947Likes

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    wp_20121220_008.jpgwp_20121220_014.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Luminatic and nuju0460 like this.

wp_20121221_01220121221142135.jpg

With some clarity and vibrance from Nokia Creative .
    Thanked by:
    Luminatic likes this.

Recorded at Air Canada Center =]
    watching 1080p it's amazing.

Thanked by:
    Duvi 

sick video

pictures have definetly improved in this thread.

and yes, the lower ISO in most situations looks much better

from last night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121221_012.jpg   wp_20121221_011.jpg   wp_20121221_011crop.jpg   wp_20121221_012crop.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

"night portrait" ISO 400

I am so dissapointed with this camera.... after my Nokia N8 this is really really bad.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121221_002crop.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

About same conditions, party at night, THIS ONE IS TAKEN WITH NOKIA N8, crop 100%
    Huge difference, much much better then with my new L920
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20120101657crop.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Took this last night in a dark room :)

Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    HeyCori, flame l and nander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    About same conditions, party at night, THIS ONE IS TAKEN WITH NOKIA N8, crop 100%
    Huge difference, much much better then with my new L920
    Is that taken with flash though? If not (I say that because of the white highlights on his face) then I'd still say the lighting conditions were different.

I don't see how the 920 is disappointing though, the 808 (and possibly the N8) aside, there's no smartphone that would come close to this result in these conditions. But it doesn't work through magic, to get enough light without flash it uses a very long shutter time and if there's movement from your subjects then blur is inevitable. The N8 has a much larger sensor though, so that would help a lot. But overall, I continue to be very impressed by the 920 in low light. It captures things I don't even see with my own eyes.

http://sdrv.ms/VYzB0g

http://sdrv.ms/RLgV8V

(both with old firmware, though I just flashed it to Portico)
    Thanked by:
    philharmonik likes this.

Sorry it is still shaky! A whole day of beers and people cheering and bumping into each other. Watch in best quality.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    philharmonik likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Unedited. Not bad for a PHONE. Happy Holidays guys.

wp_20121221_066.jpg

wp_20121221_027.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Duvi, tlo07 and fancy0479 like this.
    I'm VERY disappointed with the video quality on the 920 in low-light conditions. But I keep an open mind, so perhaps someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or something could be done to improve that?
    Have a look here: myciello - YouTube . I took several videos at a Muse concert this week. At first I had the continuous focus on, and as you can see for half of the time the phone could not focus at all and the whole image was completely blurred.. So I switched it off, and tried focusing in camera mode (no problems) and then switching to video to record. The focus wasn't perfect, but satisfactory. But why doesn't the continous focus work at all? Even though at times the light was quite strong it wouldn't even try to focus!
    Then another thing: any stronger light and you can't see anything apart from it.. same goes with the LCDs..

And the last thing, the SOUND. I don't get it, at first it was good, even though quiet (look at the first few videos), and then in the last few it became somewhat muffled, with a crackling sound on top (check it here: at 1:35 for example). Did the mic break in the meantime? Is it a software bug? Some vids had this thing so loud that there was no point uploading them..

As a comparison, check out my vids from a Kasabian concert below those.. Taken with my gf's iPhone 5, they are amazing! The focus, the light and the sound! (actually better than from my Canon 500D!). And to think I bought this phone mostly because of the camera! (ok, the camera mode is good, but the video is terrible!) Any chance it can be fixed with a future update perhaps?
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Taken on my 920. Used creative studio to edit and then uploaded to photobucket. From there, used my iPhone to copy and paste link. Haven't found a way to copy on the WP version of photobucket.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Kooosh View Post
    Unedited. Not bad for a PHONE. Happy Holidays guys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20121221_066.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	559.2 KB 
ID:	25374
    What setting did you have it on when you took this? Lower ISO or exposure? Did you tap the screen, hold the shutter half way down to focus, or just snap it?

Very nice

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    wp_20121222_022.jpgwp_20121222_01320121222095918.jpg
    Thanked by:
    AnkelBiter01 and philharmonik like this.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I still can't believe this picture I took. "Night" setting, ISO 200, 0 exposure, incandescent white balance, 16:9 ratio, and focus light assist off.

(((click on the photo to see it in full resolution)))
    Last edited by Loiselle; 12-23-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Changed picture.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

Looks like a lot of people go with 100 or 200 with ISO.
    &
    barareklam those photos you took must be with no flash cause those look horrible and I've taken plenty low light pictures that look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stan Mycielski View Post
    I'm VERY disappointed with the video quality on the 920 in low-light conditions. But I keep an open mind, so perhaps someone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or something could be done to improve that?
    Have a look here: myciello - YouTube . I took several videos at a Muse concert this week. At first I had the continuous focus on, and as you can see for half of the time the phone could not focus at all and the whole image was completely blurred.. So I switched it off, and tried focusing in camera mode (no problems) and then switching to video to record. The focus wasn't perfect, but satisfactory. But why doesn't the continous focus work at all? Even though at times the light was quite strong it wouldn't even try to focus!
    Then another thing: any stronger light and you can't see anything apart from it.. same goes with the LCDs..

And the last thing, the SOUND. I don't get it, at first it was good, even though quiet (look at the first few videos), and then in the last few it became somewhat muffled, with a crackling sound on top (check it here: at 1:35 for example). Did the mic break in the meantime? Is it a software bug? Some vids had this thing so loud that there was no point uploading them..

As a comparison, check out my vids from a Kasabian concert below those.. Taken with my gf's iPhone 5, they are amazing! The focus, the light and the sound! (actually better than from my Canon 500D!). And to think I bought this phone mostly because of the camera! (ok, the camera mode is good, but the video is terrible!) Any chance it can be fixed with a future update perhaps?
    I think you have a problem with your phone ... because it's the worst video I've seen from the lumia. I saw a lot of AWESOME video (audio and video), with no problem with the focus and sometime close to the stage. You have a ""crack"" sound on the video and it's the first time I heard it. the video don't look like a 1080p video. take a look of all the video there on this thread, they are all very good. If you don't have a better result with a lumia than an iphone 5 for a video like this ... you have a problem. The lumia won over iphone for video hand down.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtapout1 View Post
    What setting did you have it on when you took this? Lower ISO or exposure? Did you tap the screen, hold the shutter half way down to focus, or just snap it?
    I was switching between Night and Auto in the scene settings, and that's it. I couldn't tell you which it was set to for this particular one, but it's probably Night. I was tapping the screen, of course being as still as possible. I took about 75 shots with mixed results. This one was the best of the bunch. Glad you like it, I do too.

My son toys, don't ask me what he does to their heads ;) camera is amazing...beats my S3.
    wp_20121221_118.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by PervertRyan View Post
    Is that taken with flash though? If not (I say that because of the white highlights on his face) then I'd still say the lighting conditions were different.

I don't see how the 920 is disappointing though, the 808 (and possibly the N8) aside, there's no smartphone that would come close to this result in these conditions. But it doesn't work through magic, to get enough light without flash it uses a very long shutter time and if there's movement from your subjects then blur is inevitable. The N8 has a much larger sensor though, so that would help a lot. But overall, I continue to be very impressed by the 920 in low light. It captures things I don't even see with my own eyes.

http://sdrv.ms/VYzB0g

http://sdrv.ms/RLgV8V

(both with old firmware, though I just flashed it to Portico)
    Look at the face on the woman with cocktail in the hand, you can see reflection of the flash.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    happy holidays to all (: carolers dropped by to say hello!
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    from last night
    The photo here is just showing the narrow focus range. The woman in the foreground holding the glass is in sharp focus.

Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    The photo here is just showing the narrow focus range. The woman in the foreground holding the glass is in sharp focus.
    here is 100% crop of her, and she is not sharp either
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121221_011crop.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi