Page 11 of 157 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 3920
Like Tree13956Likes
  1. yunchikan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    What I appreciate about the Lumia 920 in daytime shots is that it can deal with very bright spots without washing out the rest of the photo. For example trying to take this shot with any previous cell phone would have resulted with either the blue of the sky getting washed out, or the buildings being too dark. The Lumia 920 did an excellent job capturing the whole thing...

    Click to view quoted image
    wow. beautiful!



    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...2DF31E6DF!4071
    my cat moves around a lot. and shes really dark in color. many cameras (dslr included) have a hard time focusing on her in low light conditions. this phone however, does very well.

    and i was playing with the cinemagraph the other day.
    https://yyhewg.bay.livefilestore.com...inemagraph.gif
    Last edited by yunchikan; 11-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    KoukiFC3S, Duvi and TechAbstract like this.
  2. zmqlumia900's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #252  
    I use Lumia 920's backlight mode to take this picture directly facing the Sun. It shows really better color and details than other phones can do. This can be used as my lockscreen now.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...C069B573B4!467
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121113_001.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi, TechAbstract, vp710 and 1 others like this.
  3. fhumphrey04's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    #253  
    I dont have any noteworthy pictures to post, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone here has an alternative to photobucket that would fit my needs. Here's what I want:

    Automatic upload option (I'm aware that skydrive does this)
    Ability to embed pictures for others to see using my mobile device

    There are a bunch of apps, Photobucket included, that do this on other operating systems and I'd really like to be able to take a pic and post it on a forum without having to use my PC. Even if I had to upload the pic manually, I'd just really like having the ability to embed on a message board. Does anyone have any input?
    philharmonik and VaidasV like this.
  4. mister2d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by fhumphrey04 View Post
    I dont have any noteworthy pictures to post, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone here has an alternative to photobucket that would fit my needs. Here's what I want:

    Automatic upload option (I'm aware that skydrive does this)
    Ability to embed pictures for others to see using my mobile device

    There are a bunch of apps, Photobucket included, that do this on other operating systems and I'd really like to be able to take a pic and post it on a forum without having to use my PC. Even if I had to upload the pic manually, I'd just really like having the ability to embed on a message board. Does anyone have any input?
    What I believe you want accomplished is the ability to easily insert embed tags from your favorite pic hosting site. Correct?

    Sounds like a great idea for an app! Or better yet, a feature from the WPCentral Windows Phone app itself. Send feedback to the developers!
  5. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,607 Global Posts
    #255  


    Snapped this quick pic and it looks pretty sharp!
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Duvi likes this.
  6. vlad0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    929 Posts
    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
    to put things into perspective...

    http://i47.tinypic.com/20p8r37.jpg this is a picture taken with my 60D... Please find me a phone that can take pictures like that :)
    In terms of DR and low light performance...such phone doesn't exist, but when the sun is shining there is one that comes very close to some DSLRs. You would have to look really closely to find any significant difference in pixel quality.

    We are all hoping that this technology is coming to the Lumia line.

    PureView phase 1..

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1830ED6tLW.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1809KpgDRX.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    Those are original, full resolution jpegs
    Thanked by:
    DuviTure 
    vp710, realityeye, Ture and 1 others like this.
  7. bassrebel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    In terms of DR and low light performance...such phone doesn't exist, but when the sun is shining there is one that comes very close to some DSLRs. You would have to look really closely to find any significant difference in pixel quality.

    We are all hoping that this technology is coming to the Lumia line.

    PureView phase 1..

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1830ED6tLW.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1809KpgDRX.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    Those are original, full resolution jpegs
    That's really good

    My hope is that in the near future, with nano technologies, we can see a full frame sensor on these phones. I don't need to change lenses, I'd do just fine with a 12mm-28mm nano lens :)
    Thanked by:
    vp710 
  8. ncxcstud's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    844 Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by rickylago2 View Post
    You know, these daylight pictures don't look bad at all! Amazing? Not necessarily, but they are still very good. People are making it out to be a horrible blob of a picture in natural daylight.
    Thanks for the pics :)

    You can definitely tell they are a little 'soft.' Doing the clarity edit through Creative Studio really makes the pictures 'pop' like I think they are supposed to. It is pretty evident with the picture of the bird nest...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

    philharmonik likes this.
  9. realityeye's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    In terms of DR and low light performance...such phone doesn't exist, but when the sun is shining there is one that comes very close to some DSLRs. You would have to look really closely to find any significant difference in pixel quality.

    We are all hoping that this technology is coming to the Lumia line.

    PureView phase 1..

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1830ED6tLW.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...1809KpgDRX.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/cam...0700MS74K8.jpg

    Those are original, full resolution jpegs
    It's nice to see some photos from someone who knows about composition and how to take a photo.
    Thanked by:
    vlad0 
  10. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    #260  
    I've uploaded a few more pics. Some outside shots real quick after work. I also took a few inside shots. Nothing special. All of these are auto settings. Flash off, focus assist light on.Some 4:3 and some 16:9. I also switched up between using the shutter button and tapping the screen. I will be uploading more pictures this weekend when I have more time to find some cool areas.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...PGToEqTf-YW9hU
    Thanked by:
    NickA likes this.
  11. vlad0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    929 Posts
    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by realitydistortion View Post
    It's nice to see some photos from someone who knows about composition and how to take a photo.
    Thank you.. its kind of off topic, but I was just kind of trying to back up my statement about the DSLRs.

    I've been shooting mainly with my cell phones for about two years, and here is the result for anyone that is interested:

    Mobile Phone camera example photos - Esato

    Flickr:

    Pics are mostly from my N8 and my 808, and 99% are original jpeg files from the phones.. no post processing of any kind.

    I used to think that I needed a DSLR, but when I got my N8 in 2010 I slowly realized that a DSLR exceeds my talent and needs by quite a big margin. There is no way I could get 100% out of a DSLR, but I am pretty sure that I got the last drop out of the N8 and now I am working on the same for the 808.

    And.. I would argue over this with anyone, a modern cell phone is probably more than enough for most of us out there. You don't need professional/semi pro equipment for day to day/travel/fun photography..

    This website is not very popular, but in the photo section there you can see that people have been using their cell phones for photography for a long, long time.. there some really cool shots with all sorts of cell phones:

    http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?toplist=yes

    That being said I am really looking forward to the 920... I feel like a lot can be done around the low light performance, especially some motion blur, etc. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
    That's really good
    My hope is that in the near future, with nano technologies, we can see a full frame sensor on these phones. I don't need to change lenses, I'd do just fine with a 12mm-28mm nano lens :)
    I know.. I really hope we can see some major developments around the sensors and the optics because that seems to be the "bottleneck" at the moment.

    Nano is indeed very interesting, but I also remember Nokia filing some patents for graphene-based camera sensors which sounds very exciting as well.

    Nokia graphene camera tech tips true PureView without the bulk - SlashGear

    But don't forget that at the end of the day, it has to make sense financially for a corporation to go after tech like that. In fact.. even tho the 808 is more conventional in that sense, I am still not sure if they are making any money from all the R&D that went into the project. I guess it will pay off in the long run.
    Last edited by vlad0; 11-14-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi and philharmonik like this.
  12. flame l's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    #262  
    Found an amazing video sample of the nokia lumia 920. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98-wlfksblU&feature=channel&list=UL [/YT]


    More Good samples


    Last edited by flame l; 11-15-2012 at 01:32 PM.
  13. mrtapout1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by yunchikan View Post
    wow. beautiful!



    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...2DF31E6DF!4071
    my cat moves around a lot. and shes really dark in color. many cameras (dslr included) have a hard time focusing on her in low light conditions. this phone however, does very well.

    and i was playing with the cinemagraph the other day.
    https://yyhewg.bay.livefilestore.com...inemagraph.gif
    how did you post the cinemagraph vid?
  14. mrtapout1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #264  
    Thanked by:
    vp710 
  15. mrtapout1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #265  
    some comparison shots (night) with ISO settings on AUTO and 200 ISO. Shots come out even better when you make slight adjustments
    Thanked by:
    Turevp710 
  16. mrtapout1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #266  
    Thanked by:
    vp710 
    weetigo, ibbyj, JMBasquiat and 2 others like this.
  17. uktivo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    408 Global Posts
    #267  
    I would love to contribute but neither of my cameras work. Going to return it to clove but they are out of stock at the moment
  18. Pete C's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    And.. I would argue over this with anyone, a modern cell phone is probably more than enough for most of us out there. You don't need professional/semi pro equipment for day to day/travel/fun photography.
    I totally agree with this. IMO the best camera is the one you have on you. Since your phone is always with you, you might as well get the one with the best camera for your needs and learn to live within the confines of that device. I would miss out on so many moments if I had to bust out an SLR camera every time I wanted to take a shot. A point and shoot camera has always been my camera of choice for the size factor, and even then it is not as ready as a phone for any moment if you are relaxing around the house or out with friends. About the only thing I miss is the optical zoom of a point and shoot. I hope they do release an 808 type phone running Windows Phone someday for that zoom capability.
    Last edited by Pete C; 11-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    philharmonik likes this.
  19. moc426's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #269  
    Creative studio Ivory filter applied and cropped.

    Apps:
    Weather Smiles - Weather Live tile with 2 locations and a smilie :)
    My 500px - 500px website viewer, account access and lockscreen wallpaper
    My 500px Free - 500px website viewer, account access and lockscreen wallpaper
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    yunchikan, KoukiFC3S and Duvi like this.
  20. congusano's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    I've uploaded a few more pics. Some outside shots real quick after work. I also took a few inside shots. Nothing special. All of these are auto settings. Flash off, focus assist light on.Some 4:3 and some 16:9. I also switched up between using the shutter button and tapping the screen. I will be uploading more pictures this weekend when I have more time to find some cool areas.

    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...PGToEqTf-YW9hU
    Do you do any post processing (sharpening) to any of these before you upload them? All of these show way more grain than my pictures when viewed at original size and that is almost always indicative of post processing (sharpening usually)
    Last edited by congusano; 11-15-2012 at 11:56 AM.
  21. tumaykilinc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #271  
    Thanked by:
    Duvivp710 
    Duvi likes this.
  22. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #272  
    All these pics look WAY better than most shot by professional reviewers. Hmmm, I wonder why?
  23. philharmonik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Do you do any post processing (sharpening) to any of these before you upload them? All of these show way more grain than my pictures when viewed at original size and that is almost always indicative of post processing (sharpening usually)
    For some of the photos yes. The last pictures starting with parking lot and there on are all full auto, no post processing. I like to tweak photos and play around with settings of the camera. Thats the only way you will get really good photos. The 920 is a great point and shoot camera, but its fully capable of making professional looking shots if you set your white balance, exposure, ISO properly.
  24. #274  
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2551321...in/photostream

    well beyond acceptable image quality if you ask me.
  25. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtapout1 View Post
    some comparison shots (night) with ISO settings on AUTO and 200 ISO. Shots come out even better when you make slight adjustments
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    Those photos show how much auto settings are off from ideal. There is actually too much light and lowering ISO makes photos look much better.

    Have you tried how photos look if you keep high ISO but lower exposure time?

Posting Permissions

B