Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

I'm typing this in on my brand new Lumia. Rogers guy told me I may be among the first if not THE first in Canada! Loving it so far but was an iPhone user till now so will need your help. Suggestions for a newbie?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Kidding. Suggestion for you: start taking kick-as* pictures!!!
    ealexand#CB likes this.
    Wow that's awesome! Can we get your first impressions? Key areas of interest for me are... Camera performance, Build quality, how sensitive is that touch screen... too sensitive? Any areas of criticism?

Gratz man!

Would really like some sample pics from the camera. Not necessarily low light, that's all we've seen with a lack of "non-low light" pics IMO.

Also, I'd love to see how it manages while photographing books etc. As a university student my N8 is my copying machine :D I just take pictures, 2 pages at the time and read em from the computer screen at home. So if you can take a picture of an A4-size book or so (or even just 2 A4s next to each other with text), would be great! If you need a place to upload full res images, try imgur.com

Waiting to hear other comments about how you like it too!
    aubreyq likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Jealous doesn't begin to describe how I feel.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Winterfang likes this.

Well done. Nice to see the phones are actually out there.

So what are your initial impressions?

I've read all about the low light, and OIS, but how quick is the camera? can i just keep pressing the picture button, and keep getting great pics?

I'd love to see some daylight pictures taken using the lumia 920! Pretty please :)

Well done. Nice to see the phones are actually out there.

So what are your initial impressions?

I've read all about the low light, and OIS, but how quick is the camera? can i just keep pressing the picture button, and keep getting great pics? Or is there a pause between pressing button, and the picture being taken?

Global Posts
    1,504 Global Posts
    Many many congratulations man....

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Thanks for the congrats, all! So far I'm loving it. But work is getting in the way of play:@

I can tell you I took a quick snap in the Rogers store (Bay/Adelaide) and that I was all thumbs, trying to look at the screen and click at the same time, I saw shaking through the screen but the pic came out perfect! My old, crummy iPhone 3GS would have been blurry as heck!

More as my use evolves and time allows, will try to figger out how to post pics as soon as I have a moment. Meanwhile, tips 'n' tricks are appreciated.

A quick word on price and term: $99 for the phone on a 3-year plan, which seems to be the Canadian minimum for high-end phones.

Sounds nice.

I was thinking of heading to some Rogers stores to see if they had one that i could play with.

Extremely jealous!!, but couldn't be happier for you!
    Lets see some pics.
    Congrats

3 year plan??? I find 2 years offensive enough, especially as that seems to be how long phones seem to last these days.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Awesome lb. I hope you have fun with your new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    3 year plan??? I find 2 years offensive enough, especially as that seems to be how long phones seem to last these days.
    From what I've gathered, the maple people do not really have any luxury of choice when it comes to that, it seems all their high end phones come with 3 year contracts unless you get unlocked or something.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I don't believe anything until I get some pictures of the device.

Any problems with in terms of build quality? Lumia 900 at launch suffered from purplish keyboard, funny sounding vibra, and mysterious hue in center during camera mode. Maybe there was more stuff.

Congrats~

Any problems with in terms of build quality? Lumia 900 at launch suffered from purplish keyboard, funny sounding vibra, and mysterious hue in center during camera mode. Maybe there was more stuff.

Congrats~

just happy someones actually got one!

video /photos?

Yo Ib, congrats on your new Lumia and welcome to Windows Phone

Since nobody seems to actually be answering your question, I'll give you some starter tips:

Best YouTube app for WP: Metrotube
    If you want a Siri-like voice recognition app: Ask Ziggy is your woman
    Last.fm is Microsoft's brain child in the internet radio world
    Viber will give you sweet HD voice-calls
    and the best weather app is WeatherLive

This is just my opinion of course! As for the phones functionality, they've added and moved things around in WP8 so you'll need to let us know how THAT is.

Happy Lumia day!
    Thanked by:
    lbcole likes this.

Don't mean to rub it in. Please excuse the crudity of this picture, it was taken with an iPhone! Boohahahaaaaa... iPhone!

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcole View Post
    Don't mean to rub it in. Please excuse the crudity of this picture, it was taken with an iPhone! Boohahahaaaaa... iPhone!

Click to view quoted image
    Your filestore link is bad.

Did you get one of those new NFC SIM cards too? Does the Wallet app work for tap to pay in stores?

Just checked all of the stores in Winnipeg. None have it... Although I've been hearing that lots of stores in Ontario have it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast