Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Anyone have even a scrap of info on when the 920 will be available on contract in Ireland?

The only real info I can give you is here. They're taking pre orders, but have been for a while now without pricing or release date info.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Nokia Ireland on Facebook say there will be an announcement in December. That doesn't necessarily mean it will release that month but it could do. You could google their page and see for yourself, busy page!

I do hope they haven't done another exclusivity deal there! People from the UK could purchase unlocked devices from Ireland if that is the case.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Hi guys, I heard that it is unlikely it will show up in Ireland this year - too small and not so significant market :/

That is why I am ordering from the continent, sim unlocked that is...

Its very frustrsting when you don't get a straight answer. I contacted meteor by their fb page and got this:

''Ok, we'll range both phones before Christmas but we don't have a date yet. Keep an eye out on our website for more info on new phones. https://store.meteor.ie/phones/?linkid=all -Rach''

But then I'm getting conflicting reports they either won't get it or maybe after Christmas. That's the joys of living in a tiny country.

The 8x is out but at 600......that's just disgraceful! Meteor it hate you!!!! :@

Oh if anyone can suggest where to buy online, unlocked and from a safe site let me know

I don't know when but looks like it's definitely coming to Vodafone (which was kind of a given) but it might be available in yellow! Nokia Lumia 920 - Overview - Vodafone.ie