Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    First off, apologies that the layout is messy but best I can do at such short notice xD.
    The below shows total cost of plans on EE but also how much the actual plan costs you over the contract period and what you're paying.

I'm leaning towards the 51 over 12 months. Sure its only 1GB data, but facing facts, in 12 months time, I can walk from it and there will be better deals :)

Opinions folks?

***Lumia 920 on 24 months deal (EE)***

(36 per month, 129.99 phone, 500mb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 24 months (based on 470 sim free price): 523.99
    Plan cost per month: 21.83

(41 per month, 49.99 phone, 1gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 24 months (based on 470 sim free price): 563.99
    Plan cost per month: 23.49

(46 per month, 19.99 phone, 3gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 24 months (based on 470 sim free price):653.99
    Plan cost per month: 27.24

(51 per month, 19.99 phone, 5gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 24 months (based on 470 sim free price): 773.99
    Plan cost per month: 32.24

(56 per month, 19.99 phone, 8gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 24 months (based on 470 sim free price): 893.99
    Plan cost per month: 37.24

***Lumia 920 on 12 month deal (EE)***

(46 per month, 129.99 phone, 500mb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 12 months (based on 470 sim free price): 211.99
    Plan cost per month: 17.66

(51 per month, 49.99 phone, 1gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 12 months (based on 470 sim free price): 191.99
    Plan cost per month: 15.99

(56 per month, 19.99 phone, 3gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 12 months (based on 470 sim free price): 221.99
    Plan cost per month: 18.49

(61 per month, 19.99 phone, 5gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 12 months (based on 470 sim free price): 281.99
    Plan cost per month: 23.49

(66 per month, 19.99 phone, 8gb, unlimited mins and texts.)
    Actual plan cost over 12 months (based on 470 sim free price): 341.99
    Plan cost per month: 28.49
    Last edited by SpencerUk; 10-30-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Regards
    SpencerUk
    Thanked by:

Strangely i was just doing the sums, and i would go for the same, if it wasn't for the fact they only have the black and white 920s. I want red.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I want the red too, but that would mean going to Phones4U and taking it out through them. From what I can make out they are doing all the bar Cyan.

My experience of going through Phones4U are not good. And if you are an Orange/T-Mobile customer, I forsee complications going through store...Black isn't bad though ;)
    Regards
    SpencerUk

Great breakdown spencer! My original plan was to buy it off contract for 469 but with my current T-Mobile contract 21 my total cost will be 721. The only good thing is that its unlimited internet. The 51 contract suddenly looks not too bad but I'm annoyed I'll be losing my unlimited internet and 4G isn't even available in my area.
    I'm on 3 with unlimited Internet..............I will stick to sim free. But your breakdown is usefull!

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Very good breakdown Spencer.

On my 15 pm pay and go sim (AYCE, unlimited internet) with 3uk total cost would be 470 + 15 x 12 = 650. A small saving and obviously no 4g.

Not everyone can afford to buy sim free though which is where your breakdown helps a lot.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. If I get some time, I'm gonna do a breakdown for Vodafone plans and pricing :)

As an after thought, technically, if you traded your phone (whatever you have at the moment) for recycle, you could technically bring the cost down even further.

@paulm187

I work in Sheffield so will have some small benefit to it I guess...I'm not so fussed it I get the the 4G aspect of a connection, its more the 12 month flexibility for me!.

BT openzone should suffice after your usage cap anyway :)
    Regards
    SpencerUk

Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    Very good breakdown Spencer.

On my 15 pm pay and go sim (AYCE, unlimited internet) with 3uk total cost would be 470 + 15 x 12 = 650. A small saving and obviously no 4g.

Not everyone can afford to buy sim free though which is where your breakdown helps a lot.
    The EE tarif also offers unlimited talk & text

Phones4U's PoS for the Lumia 920 says it's available from Free on 36/month. Networks available are EE, T-Mobile and Orange. It would seem that you can get the phone on T-Mo and Orange, and that it's free on one of them at 36/month, though the staff in store didn't have any more information.

To put it another way, the phone is an Everything Everywhere (EE, the company that owns Orange, T-Mobile and the 4G EE network) exclusive, not an EE (the 4G network) exclusive. All of this confusion is down to the moronic naming choice for the new network.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    I love how you all in the UK actually add up the total cost, whereas in the US, all people seem to care about is the out the door price of the phone.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Big Supes likes this.

Can anyone tell me wheather the 920 font size can be changed when texting?
  12. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchef1 View Post
    Phones4U's PoS for the Lumia 920 says it's available from Free on 36/month. Networks available are EE, T-Mobile and Orange. It would seem that you can get the phone on T-Mo and Orange, and that it's free on one of them at 36/month, though the staff in store didn't have any more information.

To put it another way, the phone is an Everything Everywhere (EE, the company that owns Orange, T-Mobile and the 4G EE network) exclusive, not an EE (the 4G network) exclusive. All of this confusion is down to the moronic naming choice for the new network.
    EE's twitter feed says this is not correct:

T-Mobile is not EE. EE runs along side T-Mobile and Orange. You can only get a Lumia 920 with EE.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Nokia UK tweeted that it IS also available on Orange and T Mobile. See blog post on this forum too, there is some clarification.

Confusion reigns!
  14. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    This whole thing is a mess, no clear communication at any level.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchef1 View Post

This isn't surprising. From working with Orange (in broadband, not mobile, but you get to see the mobile side stuff) back in the day, you can guarantee that this will be 18 and 24 month contracts only with 24 month offering unlimited texts and more minutes as opposed to being limits on 18 months.

I'd also expect to fork out quite a bit on an 18 month contract for the phone. Orange in the UK is classed as a premium brand.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    I love how you all in the UK actually add up the total cost, whereas in the US, all people seem to care about is the out the door price of the phone.
    Hehe. Times are hard, every little thing has to be worked out. I'm rather surprised you guys in the states don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cgk1 View Post
    EE's twitter feed says this is not correct:

T-Mobile is not EE. EE runs along side T-Mobile and Orange. You can only get a Lumia 920 with EE.

Well that is technically right. EE is a separate brand from Orange & T-Mobile but uses their masts as its under joint control. From what I've read from UK availability dates for Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews it won't show on Orange or T-Mobile until the exclusivity of EE will end.

On the other hand, I've already had a good go about getting consistent answers from EE's Twitter and its like trying to get blood out of a stone!.
    Regards
    SpencerUk

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Agreed.

Seems the exclusivity is only until end of the year too with an option to extend.

Somehow I don't think they will be extending....

Those that getting red, please post video. :) I want to know is it really red or orange.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    Agreed.

Seems the exclusivity is only until end of the year too with an option to extend.

Somehow I don't think they will be extending....
    If that is true, and O2 announce the 920 will be coming in Jan, it'll be hard not to wait. That's a lot of 'ifs', but entirely possible. :)
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Just incase anyone hasn't noticed and is planning to buy, it looks like EE have upped the price of the lumia 920 on a 12 month contract by quite a substantial margin.

This puts it out of my price range, which is really annoying. Anyone aware of any alternatives, maybe an orange or T-Mobile contract, if its coming out on those. The 8X is looking like a better option, especially considering the price on the other networks.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Parousia85 View Post
    Just incase anyone hasn't noticed and is planning to buy, it looks like EE have upped the price of the lumia 920 on a 12 month contract by quite a substantial margin.

This puts it out of my price range, which is really annoying. Anyone aware of any alternatives, maybe an orange or T-Mobile contract, if its coming out on those. The 8X is looking like a better option, especially considering the price on the other networks.
    :O OWH MY GOODNESS THEY HAVE INCREASED THE HANDSET PRICE... sorry for the caps but now this has completely thrown off my plans to get L920, ive been eyeing the 12month contract for a week now they go spoil it ergh EE just keeps getting worse... I knew it was too good to be true i knew there had to be a premium... looks like im just going to get sim-free now!

Edit: Thought to share with you people my other option, If I am correct Virgin Sim works on T-mobile phones (ive read on virgin threads of customers using virgin sim on Tmobile Iphone4S). So now I am planning to get T-mobile L920 and use Virgin Sim on it. Virgin offer good sim-only deals particularly if you are a current virgin broadband customer. Example Phone 470 + (Sim-only Plan 12*12months) = 614
    Last edited by jenjen4u; 11-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Any news on when Orange or T-Mobile might be getting it?

Any news on when Orange or T-Mobile might be getting it?
    Well on the Orange website lumia 920, lumia 820 and htc 8x are now listed as 'coming soon' but thats all for now you can register your email to be notified when available, also i think in 2weeks time they will have it. i had an online chat with orange but he/she didnt seem so sure!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Wow, they have put the price up on the 12 month contract from 19.99 to 159.99!

It will be interesting to see if they try and charge me that new insane price.
  24. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evoga View Post
    Wow, they have put the price up on the 12 month contract from 19.99 to 159.99!

It will be interesting to see if they try and charge me that new insane price.

It is now 129 on a 24 month plan! This is crazy, the 920 is sure to flop at those prices.

I am livid. I pre-ordered the 920 via P4U on the 12 month/1 gig data/51 pm plan and EE came back after 3 days and said the application was unsuccessful - no reason given. Well, it seems we have our reason now!
    P4U weren't much better. They didn't even have the decency to let me know!

I pretty much had it with this ludicrous exclusive mess the 920 is limited to. The Samsung ATIV S is starting to call.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast