Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Interesting. That was pretty much my exact situation. I will be arguing my case in store when I go to collect it. Im doing it instore with EE, and migrating from Orange. Need to settle this. The increase is horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickkk101 View Post
    Interesting. That was pretty much my exact situation. I will be arguing my case in store when I go to collect it. Im doing it instore with EE, and migrating from Orange. Need to settle this. The increase is horrific.
    I also have been considering the 12 month plan. I didn't leave my number with the store though, although I can guarantee that the know my face, they must think I am stalking them.

I just phoned Orange, they state that the phone is not on their systems and has not been released by them. The lady was really helpful and tried to assist. I asked, about the ee plans and she went off to ask someone and then said it was not on the ee system either. She said they should be launching in the next week or so.

The whole thing about this product has been a bit dire. From any early announcement and then this lengthy wait. I thought it would be in the shops within days of the Windows 8 launch.

Was driving me potty, so I did some surfing. Went on ee site, they direct you to use the 150 number to call. Did that, got through to ee. They offered me some price plans and I advised that the prices I had been quoted before were way lower. The lady said the prices had not changed and advised that I was mistaken. I said I wasn't and she went to speak to a manager. She came back and said they could not offer it at a lower price.
    Last edited by peachy001; 11-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Did you swear at the telesales operator? Not a smart move in any transaction to swear as it makes the other party look at you in a negative light and shows a lack of manners and limited vocabulary.

For your information they still show the old EE rates on the Nokia uk site.

OMG, sorry, predictive text. No, I did not and would not swear at them. Not my style and not fair on them.

I was really pleasant, as ever. She did speak to me like I was wrong and had been mistaken. I assured her many times that I was not. But no swearing from either of us LOL.

I will edit my post.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    You could try ringing again until you have a different telesales operator as it sometimes depends on whether you have a helpful one.

It is the same with sky, ring up and one operator will say no to a free upgrade, ring back and another will say yes.

Good luck.

I sat on hold for 40 minutes to Orange, can't see me repeating that in a hurry. When I called ee I got through within 3 mins. Their priorities are definitely to herd people to ee. 4G.

I have left my details on the P4U website again, not holding out much hope though as I suspect that the price you see is the price you pay. 139 upfront on a 28.50pm price plan is just a little more than I can justify.

As for the ee plans, it seems it is all about average monthly customer spend. It looks good to shareholders if each user spends even a fraction more per month.

Quote Originally Posted by evoga View Post

For your information they still show the old EE rates on the Nokia uk site.

Sadly, this isn't true, not for the 12 month plans anyway. The cheapest handset price on a 12 month EE contract is 69.99 at 66.00 per month. The EE handset and tarriff price as of this time last week was the 19.99 handset cost on any 12 month plan. Hense why people like myself pre-ordered with such an attractive offer on the table. Really trying to resist another 24 month plan...

I wish I had, I travelled in to all the stores many times. Bugger all chance I will get it now. So annoyed at ee for this.

I don't even reckon it is worth a call to complain.

Hey man, as it stands tonight? I may have a pre order but...... don't know when im even getting this phone, only that whenever that day comes, its going to be a shedload more expensive than it was less than a week ago.. You my friend, are in a better position than me lol. And btw? ALWAYS complain. These massive companies will only improve if we do en masse.

Hey! Today ive been walking everywhere around London, i think i visited 15 stores in total lol i must be crazy! anyway most said they will have stock by tomorrow (they said the same thing to me last week never happened) some shops said next week AGAIN... _
  12. ag7

On monday I went to two ee stores in leeds city centre, they are about 50 yards apart from one another:
    1 store has a fully working demo model (which I used and found the phone to be fantastic). I asked about stock and they said they had the phone in stock and available right now in store.
    I go to the other ee store, round the corner and they do not have a working model or even a plastic display model of the phone, nor do they know of when they will be receiving the phone.

I find it so hard to believe how badly the launch of the phone has gone, lets hope the pre order deliveries start arriving as of today as promised.

As far as phones4u go, the 2 stores in leeds, none of them have the phone in stock and only have display models. Both did say they have their deliveries on saturday and are expecting the phone to be in stock then. Guess we will have to just wait and see.
    Last edited by ag7; 11-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Now seems the red is available online but not yellow.

4G Phones | Compatible with 4G Networks at Phones 4u

Wonder why the flagship colour isn't out yet?

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Anyone had the phone delivered today?

Hey everyone i just bought a white lumia 920 on orange at phones4u
  16. cgk

Global Posts
    7,828 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjen4u View Post
    Hey everyone i just bought a white lumia 920 on orange at phones4u
    OK - now I'm confused, the white Lumia is intended to be a version locked only to EE (network) and is not to work on other EE (brand) networks (orange, T-mobile). You have stuck a orange sim in it and it works?

Done it..... Preordered a black 920. Got a good deal on it too from a great guy at P4U. 2 year contract, which is annoying, but got the price I was after, with no upfront cost. The guy is calling me back Monday to sort out an issue with Orange as there was a glitch. So they cannot ship until Monday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    OK - now I'm confused, the white Lumia is intended to be a version locked only to EE (network) and is not to work on other EE (brand) networks (orange, T-mobile). You have stuck a orange sim in it and it works?
    Yes i have stuck orange inside! I was confused too i said i wanted white then the lady started offering me orange and i said "i thought i can only get it on EE" she was like "err no" lol anyway went with the flow! I got what i wanted... I saw yellow which i really wanted months before but then i thought white was more nice in the end...

Just turned it on! im like blown away by the screen loool ive been stuck with my omnia 7 for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Even more confusing is when I went into Phone4U today to get my 920, I was told the White 920 was EE 4G only, and the Black 920 was 3G only.

I wanted to upgrade from Orange 3G to EE4G and get the black 920. I insisted that's what I wanted, and told them the hardware was the same, regardless of the network type.

They put it through, and I walked out the store with a nice lovely new black Lumia 920 on EE4G :-) All setup, and working. I'm very happy with it so far :-)

Oh, and I went into a different Phones4U, and asked if they had any wireless chargers for the 920. They said "Didn't they give you one when you bought the phone earlier?". They promptly went out back, and gave me a Nokia voucher for a free wireless charger :-)

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by jenjen4u View Post
    Yes i have stuck orange inside! I was confused too i said i wanted white then the lady started offering me orange and i said "i thought i can only get it on EE" she was like "err no" lol anyway went with the flow! I got what i wanted... I saw yellow which i really wanted months before but then i thought white was more nice in the end...

Just turned it on! im like blown away by the screen loool ive been stuck with my omnia 7 for too long!
    I was stuck with an Omnia 7 too. For almost 2 years now. I also went into Phones4U this morning, and walked out with a black Lumia 920 on EE4G, even though they tried to tell me white was EE 4G only, and black was 3G only... hmmm...

Glenn

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Anyone know if EE send out an email to confirm delivery? I don't want to come home and find they tried to deliver it one day next week.

Quote Originally Posted by evoga View Post
    Anyone know if EE send out an email to confirm delivery? I don't want to come home and find they tried to deliver it one day next week.
    I was told that we will get an e-mail/text before delivery at least a day in advance
    Thanked by:
    Jammo 

I got the 920 today sim free from Phones4u 459. Im on 3 and its locked! I can not use the phone to call anyone.

I dont mind going to a local shop and getting unlocked. But does anyone know if for Windows Phone 8 the carriers will have the power to withhold updates?
    I know that for Apple products it doesnt matter what carrier you are on, everyone gets the update at the same time.
    However I dont know how its like on WP8. On WP7 it was up to the carier.
    Any help on this would be great!

The phone is absolutely awesome btw. But I did find that the Data Sense app and Skype could not be be found or downloaded

I went in to some shops today - the phone was showing at 399 off contract in the ee store.

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I went in to some shops today - the phone was showing at 399 off contract in the ee store.
    I went into two EE stores in Bournemouth today and they said they don't intend to sell the 920 off-contract at all! One store didn't have any stock left and said they expect new stock by Wednesday. I am going to go check it out then.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast