Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

os 8.0.9903.10
    Firmware revision - 1232.2109.1242.1001
    Hardware revision - 1.0.0.0
    Radio - 1.0.2020413
    SOC Version - 8960

I am using a 3 UK sim card in this bad boy

ah thank you :) How long did you have to wait for your amazon seller?

I used Telefrog - their prices have gone up a bit but I ordered on Tuesday, it shipped Wednesday and arrived today.
    They ship via Hermes which is not the fastest carrier.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    I'll be in Germany the next two weeks and hoping to find one of these Unicorns in the wild.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Is Cyberport not taking orders for anyone else?!

Quote Originally Posted by Qualain View Post
    Is Cyberport not taking orders for anyone else?!
    I believe they are... Unless something has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunydub View Post
    Yes mate black one.
    Had my 3 sim card in when turned on for first time.
    Uninstalled some German TV, Football, Hotel and travel apps.
    Hey mate,

Glad you finally received yours from Germany - I'm still waiting for so much as a date for my order from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) :( I can only assume they either have a huge number of orders to fill or are waiting to build up stock.

You mentioned there were some German apps - I hope/presume these were in addition to the Nokia apps you would have expected from a UK/Euro device?

Andrew
  8. owz

My 920 just arrived from Amazon.de seller.
    Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
    The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)
    I've currently got a pre order in with cyberport. How simple is it to change the language to English.

Very easy, basically press a button then next screen you can scroll down to choose English.
    Phone then reboots and you set your location = job done :)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    Hey mate,

Glad you finally received yours from Germany - I'm still waiting for so much as a date for my order from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) :( I can only assume they either have a huge number of orders to fill or are waiting to build up stock.

You mentioned there were some German apps - I hope/presume these were in addition to the Nokia apps you would have expected from a UK/Euro device?

Andrew
    I'm waiting from Amazon.de as well, it's just annoying that they don't have a delivery date. I'm wondering as well if the yellow and red are going to take longer to arrive in the shops as Nokia don't appear to have done their research on this launch (guess that happens when you let your VP of Marketing go a month before the launch).

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    Hey mate,

Andrew
    A few Nokia apps are pre-installed such as Maps but others you need to download from the store, there is a Nokia Collection category containing Reader and other things.

Just trying Voice control, you will have to download the English language pack for this and also the UK region settings but it's all quick and easy :)

My 920 just arrived from Amazon.de seller.
    Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
    The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)
    Which colour did you go for, and how much did you spend if you don't mind me asking? Does the seller have other stock?

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayrae View Post
    I'll be in Germany the next two weeks and hoping to find one of these Unicorns in the wild.
    Check out the Vodafone stores - bought mine from there (649 € without a contract).

They have a vodafone logo displayed when you boot the device. Plus a couple of apps come pre-installed. Those can be removed, however.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    The worst part of this is that I have been to over a dozen stores in the past two weeks and not only did they not have any phones they don't even have any signs saying WP8 exsists! I am in Munich now and no stores are open today, it being Sunday. There are literally thousands of people walking around in Munich center and NO stores of any sort open, lol. There are a few restaurants, and they are packed! I will hit up Saturn, et al tomorrow.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    I am in Munich now and no stores are open today, it being Sunday. There are literally thousands of people walking around in Munich center and NO stores of any sort open, lol.
    You must be American :-)

The worst part of this is that I have been to over a dozen stores in the past two weeks and not only did they not have any phones they don't even have any signs saying WP8 exsists! I am in Munich now and no stores are open today, it being Sunday. There are literally thousands of people walking around in Munich center and NO stores of any sort open, lol. There are a few restaurants, and they are packed! I will hit up Saturn, et al tomorrow.
    I was in Munich last week and this MediaMarkt
    Google Maps
    had many Lumia 920s (just black and white as I remember) and also 820s in stock (already on 11.06.12)
    the price was higher than usual, but as their new advertisment shows a price of 597 I'm sure they had to adapt.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    I'm waiting from Amazon.de as well, it's just annoying that they don't have a delivery date. I'm wondering as well if the yellow and red are going to take longer to arrive in the shops as Nokia don't appear to have done their research on this launch (guess that happens when you let your VP of Marketing go a month before the launch).
    Yeah I'm a little surprised they haven't got concrete dates considering the reports all said the 5th and other DE stores are shipping them.

My only theory is that because of the slow trickle of stock, they are either building up or are only allocating once stock is definitely there, in which case there might be a **** of a wait :( I ordered on Thursday morning so I'm hoping I'll hear something within the next week or so...

It sounds at the moment like they're producing them in series in the order Black>White>Red>Cyan>Yellow so I presume the yellow stock won't be far behind...I really wanted grey, black was a second choice but that's 25 more expensive which just tips it over 500...so white it is!

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    Are any of you at least seeing signs in the shops for WP8? I have seen none.

I used Telefrog - their prices have gone up a bit but I ordered on Tuesday, it shipped Wednesday and arrived today.
    They ship via Hermes which is not the fastest carrier.
    Glad to hear some of you guys are getting the 920. Being from Ireland I'm completely stuck as to where to get one of these lovely devices. I have noticed Telefrog still have some in stock on amazon Germany. I was just wondering what your experience was with them as I'm seriously considering placing an order with them, I'm assuming your based in the UK.

Are any of you at least seeing signs in the shops for WP8? I have seen none.
    There's quite a few up in the Oxford stores, I also popped into the Virgin Media store and the chap there showed me their bulletin which said they'd be taking delivery of the HTCs next week :)

Any stores I see in London I'll have a look out for POS, but everyone around here seems to know the product and from my trials of them, they all seem a bit more clued up this week (even the guy in P4U was weirdly honest about the Lumia being locked down)

Quote Originally Posted by ahaughey View Post
    Glad to hear some of you guys are getting the 920. Being from Ireland I'm completely stuck as to where to get one of these lovely devices. I have noticed Telefrog still have some in stock on amazon Germany. I was just wondering what your experience was with them as I'm seriously considering placing an order with them, I'm assuming your based in the UK.
    Much as I'd love to advise, Telefrog are charging almost 800 (for the white at least)...I know it's sought after, but I (personally) don't think it's worth 200 more than waiting for Amazon to get a date...
    Thanked by:

Been to 3 Media Markt stores last week in Berlin, and all of them had heaps of the Lumia 920 in all colours. And I remember it was the same with the Lumia 800 when it was released last year.

So if you have a Media Markt or Saturn near you, go for it!
    Thanked by:

Telefrog ship really quick...I ordered Tuesday night & it shipped Wednesday lunch..but delivery is slow... Arrived Saturday.
    Prices keep going up though so up to you if you willing to take a hit or wait a few more days for other places to get stock....but then given the low quantities of stock around you might wait a while.
    Thanked by:

Try GSMnation, they are selling white and black AT&T versions for $649 or 415 fully unlocked. :D

They already sold out of the white ones on GSMnation :( shame because it would have been perfect! Great price...