Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpencerUk
  1. paulm187's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    267 Posts
       #1  
    Since the Nokia Lumai 920 is exclusive to EE is anyone buying this phone on contract? The tarrifs are quite expensive and I was thinking of buying unlocked phone and use it on my current T-Mobile contract but it will workout to be more expensive in the long run. I'm undecided on what to do. Anyone else getting it unlocked?
  2. Narr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    228 Posts
    #2  
    I was looking to get a 920 off contract, I'm just waiting for the stores to start selling it.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  3. #3  
    Buying SIM free, the 920 is available in Phones4U from Fri on a EE contract. Going to pop down there today or tomorrow to find out if they are doing SIM free as well...
  4. #4  
    EE contract prices are terrible for Internet! I'm on 3 and not changing, so it's a wait until the sim free version, I think if clove, handtec don't announce prices by Friday it will be a couple of weeks before its available sim free at least.

    Which is a shame as I suspect many folks will move to the samsung or htc phone as they are out in a few days apparently.
  5. SpencerUk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #5  
    New here so don't bite!

    If you look at a Lumia 920..12 month contract £51 a month and £50 for the phone. Works out at £662. Take off £470 which is cost of phone sim free which makes it £192 for the plan for 12 months (unlimited mins and texts with 1gb data)..Divide that cost of £192 by 12 and that gives 16 per month.
    Depends how you look at it I guess :/
    Regards
    SpencerUk
    SnailUK likes this.
  6. SnailUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    945 Posts
    #6  
    Well spotted Spencer. I've commented on numerous websites, that listed the contract prices for EE, rather than the SIM only prices.

    EE is more expensive than most other carriers, but not by as much as the glory seeking headlines would have you believe.
  7. #7  
    Your right......but for some of us we would have to factor in our current contract price also. Your deal is if your a new contract customer, most of us I would imagine have a contract.

    So I would need to add another £360 on top of your price
  8. ashyk36's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    25 Posts
    #8  
    From what I have read a sim free version will not be appearing for a while. Am I asking a bit too much if I ask for a cyan 1?
  9. manzanotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    #9  
    I just popped in to my nearest EE shop, and they said that they will be doing this on 3G too, so I take that to mean that you will be able to get it on Orange/T Mobile, which should be a load cheaper than getting a 4G contract. They also said they're not expecting stock until next week at the earliest though.
  10. SpencerUk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by whenimcleaningwindows View Post
    Your right......but for some of us we would have to factor in our current contract price also. Your deal is if your a new contract customer, most of us I would imagine have a contract.

    So I would need to add another £360 on top of your price
    If I remember right, Phones4U still do that JUMP thing which allows you to bundle in the existing cost..Maybe this could help you?

    What is JUMP? | Online Purchases & Joining Phones4u | Phones4U

    Quote Originally Posted by manzanotti View Post
    I just popped in to my nearest EE shop, and they said that they will be doing this on 3G too, so I take that to mean that you will be able to get it on Orange/T Mobile, which should be a load cheaper than getting a 4G contract. They also said they're not expecting stock until next week at the earliest though.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it did, but then you would have to factor in 24 month contract., With phone tech losing value so fast, by the time if comes to upgrade, the phone recycle value is worth squat.

    If you can afford it, I'd say the 12 month plan is the best way as by the time you're back to a rolling deal, O2 and Vodafone will have their networks and a price war will begin :)
    Regards
    SpencerUk
  11. pavvento's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    #11  
    Is there a delineation between which unlocked phone will work on AT&TBLTE and which won't? I might go the unlocked route from the UK or Europe nut want to make sure it supports AT&T LTE. Thanks!
  12. SpencerUk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm not 100% sure.

    Do you know what the frequencies are used in the US for 4G/3G signals at all?. Maybe then can cross ref against Nokia UK support site?
    Last edited by SpencerUk; 10-30-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Regards
    SpencerUk
  13. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,106 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Is there a delineation between which unlocked phone will work on AT&TBLTE and which won't? I might go the unlocked route from the UK or Europe nut want to make sure it supports AT&T LTE. Thanks!
    As far as i know AT&T has totally unique LTE freqs compared to Europe and Asia.

    There's global version of Lumia 920 that supports European and Asian LTE, then there's USA version that supports AT&T LTE.
  14. BellaRed's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #14  
    CNET article updated, 920 also to be available on Orange and TMobile

    Nokia Lumia 920 ships today as EE exclusive: Bad for WP8? | CNET UK
  15. pavvento's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    As far as i know AT&T has totally unique LTE freqs compared to Europe and Asia.

    There's global version of Lumia 920 that supports European and Asian LTE, then there's USA version that supports AT&T LTE.
    And I'd imagine that the USA version will not be soled factory unlocked, only through AT&T. Does anyone know if there was an AT&T LTE compatible 900 sold factory unlocked?
  16. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,106 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    And I'd imagine that the USA version will not be soled factory unlocked, only through AT&T. Does anyone know if there was an AT&T LTE compatible 900 sold factory unlocked?
    Don't know about Lumia 900, but there was Lumia 800 available unlocked in USA via MS stores.
  17. PurpleOmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #17  
    I'm on three, I spend £34 a month to get 900 minutes unlimited texts/internet there is no way I would be changing my carrier!! There are two roads I can see, wait to see if there will ever be an unlocked version or just buy it over at t-mobile and register it on my girlfriends account, but the downside is I would have to wait 3 months before I can get it unlocked, for £20! =o

    Any ideas?
  18. luckylifo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOmen View Post
    I'm on three, I spend £34 a month to get 900 minutes unlimited texts/internet there is no way I would be changing my carrier!! There are two roads I can see, wait to see if there will ever be an unlocked version or just buy it over at t-mobile and register it on my girlfriends account, but the downside is I would have to wait 3 months before I can get it unlocked, for £20! =o

    Any ideas?
    You can order an unlocked one from Germany (e.g amazon.de) whenever it becomes available. Hopefully in a couple of weeks! At least that's my current plan.
    Thanked by:
  19. PurpleOmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #19  
    http://www.gsmnation.com/nokia-lumia-920-black-at-t-unlocked.html[/url]
    also availabe in white, I have already emailed the support team and they said it will work with any carrier, as I questioned being from the uk. It is just purely AT&T logo, they have got them unlocked :D

    $640usd
    £408gbp
  20. PurpleOmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #20  
    http://www.gsmnation.com/nokia-lumia-920-black-at-t-unlocked.html[/url]
    also availabe in white, I have already emailed the support team and they said it will work with any carrier, as I questioned being from the uk. It is just purely AT&T logo, they have got them unlocked :D
  21. NourMedhat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #21  
    hey ! I am from egypt and I'm travilling to germany in the next january and i want to get lumia 920 sim free to work here and with the cheapest price not 650 euoro any tips ?
  22. Griffinx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOmen View Post
    http://www.gsmnation.com/nokia-lumia-920-black-at-t-unlocked.html[/url]
    also availabe in white, I have already emailed the support team and they said it will work with any carrier, as I questioned being from the uk. It is just purely AT&T logo, they have got them unlocked :D
    Do they support the UK LTE bands?
  23. PurpleOmen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    #23  
    At&t is not available but the normal unlocked version supports all uk bands

Posting Permissions

B