Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    OK we have talked about the camera, colors, screen etc. now how is the 920 or other models of Nokia as far as telephone reception? Are the signals and reception as good or better than Sammy or Blackberry for example? I know it will be specific for each phone but in general.

Nokia is pretty much better than everything and i've had every single brand on every network they pretty much invented GSM why would they not be good? That being i have not ever owned a CDMA nokia so i cant speak for verizon version, at&t or unlocked gsm are REALLY good.

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    Thats what I needed to know, thanks.

Same for me, the best wireless devices reception wise I've pretty much had.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    The 900 gets a better signal in places where my iPhone had bad or no signal... However it could be partially due to LTE vs. HSPA+.

My wife also has a 900... She says that her phone is the only phone that gets calls/texts in the back office where she works. Her coworkers get upset that here's works and theirs don't.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Also to add, I'm currently using Samsung Omnia 7 to get used to WP7 before I get the Lumia 920 and this thing has a laughable reception in comparison to my N8, both devices are also from around the same year, that said I guess N8 might've been more flagshippy at the time.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Nokia makes the best phones in terms of reception. Period. :D
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    2,123 Global Posts
    This is really good news, thanks again for the info.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Have Blackberry and Nokia and both get great reception. Have had tried Samsung twice, awful reception. Will never get another Samsung phone, but love their TVs.
    My Samsung Focus S has decent reception, but my old BlackBerry curve was night and day better in reception and call quality. I have truly missed that about BB. But the closest I have ever gotten since were all the 900s from Nokia I have played around with. It is another one of those reasons I am leaning Nokia in the WP8 launches. I want better- better support, better apps, better extras, better reception, and better call quality. I really believe you can buy Nokia with confidence.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne

Also the only thing that i've had that came close to the nokias i've had over the years was actually blackberry and some older motorolas and LG, but samsung, iphone, and as of late motorola has sucked havent had an LG in a really long time cant tell you on that, nokia still pretty much as good as it ever was, one of the best i had one nokia n8 and also the n97 both had really good my 900 seems like its not quite as good as then n8, but i have a feeling the 920 will be slightly better than 900, the 900 was rushed quite a bit and even at that still better than pretty much all the competition, some brands do have pretty good reception like blackberry so it wont be REALLY noticebally better than the best but if you have a phone with poor reception like say (older iphone4) ya it will be night and day. nokia tests all this stuff thoroughly when they design them also.

Out of all the different mobile phones i have owned i would put Motorola top of this easily but since they are out of the question then i would say HTC and then Nokia my HTC Mozart had much better reception and call quality than my Lumia 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    Out of all the different mobile phones i have owned i would put Motorola top of this easily but since they are out of the question then i would say HTC and then Nokia my HTC Mozart had much better reception and call quality than my Lumia 800.
    Hmm... I've never had a HTC Mozart, but my Lumia 800 certainly has much better reception than any of the HTC Android devices I've owned.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I was curious about this too. Glad someone asked.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Nokia in terms of reception is like Rolls Royce in terms of luxury. Very well proven throughout the years.
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Ya im' not sure what the other guy is talking about old motorolas yes i've had new motorolas i've also had an HTC radar HTC titan and HTC android devices every one of them had worse in fact those are worse than blackberry lg and alot of others HTC has awful reception they have their antenna is the case and its connected by a spring loaded antenna, never worked good at all. Motorola is usually decent but hasnt been as good lately but i wouldnt say motorola would be bad if it was on the table but if your looking at windows phones nokia definitely the best hands down. I also had an 800 it was very similar to 900 both were a bit rushed, but like i said i expect 920 to be on par with all the rest of nokia, and i think the 800 easily had better reception than HTC.
    I've had excellent reception on every Nokia phone I've owned, whether dumbphones, Symbian smartphones or my Lumia 900.
    maverick786us likes this.

Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    Nokia is absolute KING of cell phone reception tech. It's no contest here.
    maverick786us likes this.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    My Lumia 900 call quality and reception are the best. Before Lumia 900 I had Nokia N900 which was more a tablet with phone functionality. Although it was an experimental model so its speaker quality is crappy but call quality was average. Before N900 I had N95 which again had excellent call quality as well as speakers. So no one can match nokia in terms of call quality and speakers
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64

I'm having HORRIBLE reception with my 920, debating on returning it.

My reception has been great, in NoVA. It seems better than what I was getting from my iPhone too.

No history with Nokia, but not impressed with my 920's reception. When I go to the usual conference room for privacy that I have used with my iPhone 4 many times, I get a very weak signal and repeatedly dropped calls. This is on the 15th floor of a downtown Houston building. A call to ATT and a reboot got me 5 bars in that spot but a day later if was dropping calls again. WIFI reception on the otherhand seems MUCH better than the iPhone.

I'm having the same reception issues, don't know if I should return it...

I don't think I've had more than three bars on my phone since I've bought it. Also while streaming video on my WIFI which has a full signal I get nothing but lag and every 10 to 15 seconds the video stops to load. It is driving me crazy and I don't think that is normal.

Good to know other ares experiencing this, I'm going to be returning it for another unit tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast