Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Ind View Post
    I'm getting this one for my red 920. It's by Speck and called Candy Shell.Attachment 27121

CandyShell Cases for Nokia Lumia 920 | Speck Products
    That's looks good. Would like to hear your impressions later.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    NFC works fine. I have NFC biz cards and they work great even in a case. These cases are plastic, not actual metal.
    What do u mean those are plastic? It looks very metallic to me + the description states it is metallic :)). While holding, does it feel a cold of metal or the sticky slippery of plastic?

Lol, also I'd appreciate some pics of the front and the top also. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Linh Pham; 01-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtective View Post
    (Repost from seperate thread for convenience)

I received my NGP case from Incipio earlier this week. I've had a couple of days use, and I can say it is the best case I've purchased for the 920.

Initially I was disappointed in the case. When I received the case the thin bottom piece curved up, instead of in. To solve the issue, I took the case off of the phone, placed a towel over it and pressed down with a warm (not too hot) iron. This seems to have fixed the problem and it fits like a glove now.

Unlike other TPU soft cases, the NGP case fits very snug. There is little give, which can make it a pain to take it off but it feels more like a hard case once it is on, rather than a mushy silicone case. I also prefer it over hard shell cases because it protects the bottom and top of the phone. The headphone jack fits my Sol Republic Tracks HD headphones just fine. The case does negatively effect photos taken with a flash, causing a blur effect, but I rarely use flash so this was not an issue for me. Also, for those with a creaky Lumia, this will help alleviate that issue.

While I will definitely switch to the Nokia brand case when it arrives, this one works quite well.

The case is available at Incipio's website for $19.99 in black, translucent pink, and translucent mercury. The attached photos are translucent mercury. Nokia Lumia 920 NGP Impact Resistant Case

Attachment 26018Attachment 26019Attachment 26020
    Just got this in the mail and am really dissappointed with the thin piece they put at the top of the charging port at the bottom. Mine is bowed up and very loose. If it wasn't for that one piece I would be in love with this case.

Covert PU Leather Wallet Case / Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 W/2 LCD Guards - Black | eBay I'm using this one and I was expecting this to be cheap crapp, but it turned to be the slimmest leather like wallet case with magnet clip, perfect !

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is there a best place to purchase the OEM Nokia accessories?

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SchueyF1 View Post
    That's looks good. Would like to hear your impressions later.
    I have the white candy grip case by speck, it adds alot of thickness to the phone imo, it does protect the phone very well though.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I have the white candy grip case by speck, it adds alot of thickness to the phone imo, it does protect the phone very well though.
    Precisely what I want! I want it completely protected even if it does add a little thickness. Besides that, the gloss red looks great!

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koldmiser View Post
    Just got this in the mail and am really dissappointed with the thin piece they put at the top of the charging port at the bottom. Mine is bowed up and very loose. If it wasn't for that one piece I would be in love with this case.
    Did you try placing a towel over it and ironing it? This fixed it for me. It is annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by koldmiser View Post
    Mine was like this when I first put it on, but within a few hours, everything seemed to settle into place and it became much tighter and more solid in this area.

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Ind View Post
    Precisely what I want! I want it completely protected even if it does add a little thickness. Besides that, the gloss red looks great!
    it does!

Quote Originally Posted by frugo View Post
    Covert PU Leather Wallet Case / Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 W/2 LCD Guards - Black | eBay I'm using this one and I was expecting this to be cheap crapp, but it turned to be the slimmest leather like wallet case with magnet clip, perfect !
    Does it affect the flash/camera function? One I bought from a phone shop unbelievably didn't work well with the camera!

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    SIAP...here's some of the official nokia cases on amazon. the black one is in stock.

Amazon.com: cc-1043

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I just got a yellow one..

Nokia Lumia 920 ATT Accessory Black Rubberized Snap on Hard Shell Case Cover | eBay

And I just ordered a black one.

The 2 piece cases are actually pretty good, maybe a half a step down from a speck hardshell. The fit is tight and the feel is good. Also, the rim around the screen provides nice protection. I am shocked that I like this case...
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, iPad 1, Palm Pre, iPhone 4, Nokia 920, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPhone 5s, iPad Air, Surface 2.

Yes, I have a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by vtective View Post
    My concern is that they will not fully cover the front... I prefer all or nothing when it comes to the front of the device.
    Same question from me. I wonder if it can cover the edges in front because dusts go in through there!

don't really need protection for these phones but i did buy a Incipio Feather which adds grip cause it is so slippery in the hands. I also use Dynaflo Liquid Armor for the screen.

Dynaflo Corporation
    Search results for: 'feather lumia'

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I wonder if Nokia will release 3D drawings of the 920 like they did with the 820. Designing your own case seems so much cooler.

I have the Incipio Feather - love it. Purchased at the Microsoft store
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I have the Otterbox case they sell at ATT. My L920 is still in perfect condition. I only use it when I am at work I have dropped my L920 a few time while in the case it protects it very well.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brown2 View Post
    don't really need protection for these phones but i did buy a Incipio Feather which adds grip cause it is so slippery in the hands. I also use Dynaflo Liquid Armor for the screen.

Dynaflo Corporation
    Search results for: 'feather lumia'
    How long have you been using the liquid armor and how do you like it? I stumbled across this on Amazon last week and there seem to be some good reviews from users.
    Have both the Incipio Feather and Nokia's official CC-1043.

The Feather has more 'grip' but not by much. Both are definitely better than the slippery black L920.
    I really do like CC-1043. Fits like a glove and it does feel more slim in my hands as compared to the Feather.

Now, if I could spray something onto the CC-1043 that would enhance the grip, it would be my ultimate. You know how you can treat the bottom of a bathtub or stairs, adding a clear coat of grip that's not visible - I would be willing to experiment if someone knew which product would be appropriate.

I have a Tech 21 impactology case. It's a pretty standard looking case, but make the 920 even more indestructible. I'm a dog handler and my dog got hold of my phone yesterday. Not a scratch on the phone or the case.
    picture006.jpgpicture007.jpgpicture008.jpgpicture009.jpgpicture010.jpg

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts
    I am using a horizontal/verticakl leather case from best Buy and I have a Speck black hard /soft case from ATT by Speck I am also waiting an amzer shellester hard case and holster for the 920 I used one for the 900 which I bought from the store here ans was very impressed with.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SebIncredible View Post
    I have a Tech 21 impactology case. It's a pretty standard looking case, but make the 920 even more indestructible. I'm a dog handler and my dog got hold of my phone yesterday. Not a scratch on the phone or the case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture006.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	27339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture007.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	27340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture008.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	27341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture009.jpg 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	27342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture010.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	27343
    I've had my eye on this one as well, looks like a very solid choice - thanks for the pics!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MR W0LF View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture006.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	27339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture007.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	27340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture008.jpg 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	27341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture009.jpg 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	27342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture010.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	27343
    I emailed them about a white version and they replied:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

In regard to your question the Impact snap for the Nokia Lumia 920 is currently not available in White but maybe in the near future.

Regards,

Tech21

My fingers are crossed!

It would be epic in white! Fingers also crossed.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast