Will there be a wireless charging plate in the box with the 920? According to the Nokia's own website, there will not be.

Go here: Nokia Lumia 920 Specifications - Nokia - USA
    Click on "What's in the box"

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Most probably not. They can't make money if they are going to offer all these accessories with the phone.

Heh! Even earphones weren't provided with the AT&T Lumia 900!
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    2,968 Global Posts
    most likely not included, i don't see why people would think it should be. accessories are always separate.

now if wireless was the only way to charge it, then they probably would give you one.

Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Most probably not. They can't make money if they are going to offer all these accessories with the phone.

Heh! Even earphones weren't provided with the AT&T Lumia 900!
    Neither are they with AT&T Lumia 920.

No, there's not one on the box. Wireless charging plate seems to be costing something around 39 euros separate. It's something not all will use with their Lumia 920 and makes very little sense to ship with Lumia 920 and raise the price.

They are likely already having hard time hitting certain AT&T price point as Lumia 920 is more than likely by far most expensive to build out of these 3 flagships.

Makes sense for them not to ship one in the box I guess, to keep price down. Although, with the way they are advertising the wireless charging as a main feature of the phone, you would think they would make this something the user could have right out of the box.
    So the little bit of love I had for wireless charging has cooled considerably after seeing preliminary pricing for the accessories.

69.99 for the wireless charging stand
    79.99 for the fatboy pillow
    54.99 for the wireless charging plate

Im hoping to pick up a freebie as part of an introductory deal when I get SIM free, but at these prices, wireless charging will remain a gimmick as most users will not pay the extra when they have a host of cables lying around :mad:

Lets hope these prices will come down nearer release as this seems way over the top for me..

i just want decent headphones with a mic and controls that actually work. I want to know why my iphone's were flawless, and all my WP ones were trash.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Way too expensive. The Touchpad and palm pre Touchstones were cheaper than that. I don't think it'd be as useful as it is for the Touchpad or any other tablet though, as the L920 will be with you all the time. There really isn't much difference between plugging it in or sitting it on the stand when you go to bed at night. And I wouldn't want to use the wireless charging if I need a quick top up as it takes longer than the standard cable.

It'd still be a cool thing to have.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmacleodbrown View Post
    So the little bit of love I had for wireless charging has cooled considerably after seeing preliminary pricing for the accessories.

69.99 for the wireless charging stand
    79.99 for the fatboy pillow
    54.99 for the wireless charging plate

Im hoping to pick up a freebie as part of an introductory deal when I get SIM free, but at these prices, wireless charging will remain a gimmick as most users will not pay the extra when they have a host of cables lying around :mad:

Lets hope these prices will come down nearer release as this seems way over the top for me..
    Agreed

I was planning to perhaps get two charging stands, one for home and one for work. Now I'm getting none unless the price falls.

Will keep an eye out for what comes up on eBay.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaRed View Post
    Agreed

I was planning to perhaps get two charging stands, one for home and one for work. Now I'm getting none unless the price falls.

Will keep an eye out for what comes up on eBay.
    I'm gonna do the same. Considering they will probably charge like 99.99 for the 820 wireless charging backplate.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I'm not sure about Europe, but I've seen some on Amazon in the US for around $30. That's not too bad.

I figure that adding wireless charging to your routine is a lifestyle decision. It's a significant change. So it is worth the investment. Just get one at a time. You don't need to do it all at once.

Charging back plate price was in an article yesterday as 19.99.

Glad I got the cheap met on eBay now.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    Developer

If all my family had wireless devices, it makes sense to get one. But for my 1 phone? Nah, not work the money, im not rich enough! :D
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

I think we'll see more and more wireless charging in the future. So I don't see my investments in wireless chargers as something for "one device." It will work for my next phone also.