Here's the rumor.

AT&T Is Said to Unveil Nokia

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Man I hope so. Some concrete intel would be so nice.

You know what would be even better? Announcing the Lumia 920 on multiple carriers. Or ****, all major carriers. AT&T exclusivity for the Lumia 920 sounds to me like Nokia's death rattle.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Man I hope so. Some concrete intel would be so nice.
    Agreed. But I think when they recently announced they'd get the HTC 8X there were no details. Hopefully that's not the case tomorrow.

A recent interview with Elop sounded like Nokia had better luck focusing on a few carriers in the US than they had with their European strategy in terms of getting carriers to actually promote the phones.

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    Ugggh.... Still looks like no date other than "November"

AT&T to start selling Nokia Lumia smartphones in November - chicagotribune.com

Edit: and it'll be exclusive to AT&T?!?

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-lumia...-att-04250372/
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    You know what would be even better? Announcing the Lumia 920 on multiple carriers. Or ****, all major carriers. AT&T exclusivity for the Lumia 920 sounds to me like Nokia's death rattle.
    Nonsense. You're just bitter.

LOTS of OEM's launch models exclusively on one carrier for a limited period and AT&T sold the crap out of the Lumia 900.

Just be patient, the 920 will be on multiple carriers by next year guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    Do you really think that manufacturers design and build phones, then offer them up to the carriers?

Don't think of it being one-sided like that, the blame goes both ways. Manufacturers approach carriers w/ their roadmap of phones and the carriers decide which one they are interested in. At this point, this is when the carrier start making demands, such as exclusivity, and the negotiations begin.

If your carrier doesn't pick up a Nokia WP, then I recommend that you email the appropriate channels of your carrier and express interest in Nokia WP.