Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

I have seen people mention different things they would have liked to have. Some are real good options but others are nice-to-haves. Some hardware and some software related.

I won't mention any of things I would have liked...yet.

What feature or option did you hope to get, but are missing in the new Nokia Lumia 920?

Oh...one more thing. What feature would you have lived without, that's present in the 920. Would you have traded a missing option for it?

(Left blank)
    Last edited by sholokov; 09-11-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    adreno 325 that's all I wanted added the 235 is nice but it's not next gen

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    adreno 325 that's all I wanted added the 235 is nice but it's not next gen
    Is that the Pro?

Update: I found out that the Pro is Adreno 320. So what is the 325? Something new?
    Last edited by sholokov; 09-08-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    Meant the 320 my bad the 325 is in the quad core version
    Edit
    Don't know where I got 325 but I want the 320
    sholokov likes this.

Global Posts
    2,186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_thunderbird View Post
    Perhaps a better discussion for thus existing thread:http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-920/196878-3.htm

It is getting tiring seeing threads like this already, coming from a small number of people in a large community.
    Great another thread about whats wrong with another device that hasnt been released that has only been hands on with but a few people. Jeez whats wrong with you people who are so darn negative about everything all the time. Do you ever think happy peaceful thoughts about anything?
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    maverick786us likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    Great another thread about whats wrong with another device that hasnt been released that has only been hands on with but a few people. Jeez whats wrong with you people who are so darn negative about everything all the time. Do you ever think happy peaceful thoughts about anything?
    We just like ticking people like you off...

The product has been "officially" launched. Production is behind but that doesn't mean the features will change.

Chill!!!

The only letdown for me is the just the color options and finish. I actually loved my Cyan 900 and it's matte finish. If Nokia didn't want to make anymore of the matte finishes, at the very least please bring back the Cyan or some deeper blue color. Still not a deal breaker for me, just will have to choose a different color, cause I'm surely not going with Black or White(both are too boring and the same as everyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    The only letdown for me is the just the color options and finish. I actually loved my Cyan 900 and it's matte finish. If Nokia didn't want to make anymore of the matte finishes, at the very least please bring back the Cyan or some deeper blue color. Still not a deal breaker for me, just will have to choose a different color, cause I'm surely not going with Black or White(both are too boring and the same as everyone else).
    I know what you mean. I was hoping to get a Cyan Lumia 920 and a matching Microsoft Surface. :(

Quote Originally Posted by sholokov View Post
    I know what you mean. I was hoping to get a Cyan Lumia 920 and a matching Microsoft Surface. :(
    Oh well, if they don't surprise us by launch date, then it will be one of the other colors(yellow, red, or gray), along with my Surface Pro!!!!!
    sholokov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    Oh well, if they don't surprise us by launch date, then it will be one of the other colors(yellow, red, or gray), along with my Surface Pro!!!!!
    I am not getting the Surface Pro. Off subject here but I don't like the idea of a cooling fan running in my tablet. Plus, for my usage, RT will suffice.
    I'm still buying it ASAP but I was hoping for all 41mp of Pureview glory. Lossless zoom on a phone would've been SICK.

PS: Make mine RED!

EDIT: Upon seeing "high contrast mode", white is the one for me.
    Last edited by freestaterocker; 11-04-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    sholokov likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,406 Global Posts
    The missing feature for me was the removable battery. Heck, I would have even traded the storage space down to 16GB for the removable battery. I have a TITAN 1 atm, it works nicely, no storage issues. Still got 8GB free of the 16GB

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    And see, that's where I would disagree... I definitely prefer 32GB over a swappable battery. I find I rarely drain my battery during the day, and on busier days, I just keep it on the charger when I'm not using it so that it's ready to go. Wireless charging allows me to be ready at any moment.

All that to say this... when they design these devices, they make decisions that they think will satisfy most customers while differentiating themselves from competitors. It's a delicate balance, but they know they won't please everyone. I suspect that's why they made the 820 the way they did... to give consumers a choice for battery and storage, etc. (It's just unfortunate about the 820's lackluster display.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    My biggest let down was no launch date or even time frame. I want this phone yesterday!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Apoc, KarateDad and sholokov like this.

Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    My biggest let down was no launch date or even time frame. I want this phone yesterday!
    I agree...

Would be soooooooo funny if HTC decided to undercut Nokia and release their device earlier, but that won't happen. Nokia and M$ are like brothers now. They got dibs.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    Micro sim and a matte blue color, still a pretty awesome devise though.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Small let down about no SD card option.

But the biggest let down by far is seeing some in this community get so venomous about Nokia.

Matte cyan finish would have been nice. Better yet dark red, corresponding to the Crimson color for tiles, matte finish. Oled screen and thinner.
    Things i don't necessarily need and would have traded for the above. Pureview, i am not much of a Photos guy, Wireless Charging. Sure it will be nice to have but i would rather have it 2mm thinner.
    I just realized i almost described the 820 here. No Pureview, thinner, oled screen. While that is true the dealbreaker for me is the 820 screen res.
    sholokov and Muessig like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo04121 View Post
    While that is true the dealbreaker for me is the 820 screen res.
    yeah, I think a lot will feel the same way, that screen res pretty much kills the 820 for me. Weird as when I looked at the 900, the screen was OK, but you just know that the 920 screen will be awesome

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Biggest let down is the mono HAAC, at least there is HAAC on board but really mono only? :( as a fan of live shows it is a letdown.
    Other than that... not that much I must say sure a 21MP camera would have been nice but that would have made the phone thicker and it's already thick enough.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Lack of price & availability disappointed me. Being on Verizon, I think I'm going to be left out of the 920 family. :@
    Lodingi,

It does seem as though the 920 is an AT&T exclusive initially, but that won't last forever, so if you're anxious for it, maybe hold off until spring to see what's announced.

In the mean time, Verizon is expected to get "multiple" Windows Phones this fall, so I think that's suggesting Ativ, Accord, and 820. The 820 isn't a bad phone at all... the display is rather lackluster (compared to 920) and it lacks PureView camera, but it stands out for SD card storage, replaceable battery/back covers, so it's not a terrible way to go.

And BTW, we're still waiting on HTC, obviously, and they're claiming they have some BIG announcements coming.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast