02-22-2013, 12:06 AM #3
- 116 Posts
Being that there isn't that many Lumia 900's out there this update should have been out in one day for everybody and we shouldn't have to resort to tricks to get the update. Here it is February 21st and no update here in Denver, Co area.
Since MS and Nokia have cleared 7.8 it now appears ATT is holding this up ..as usual.
I'm not even sure I want it being that a lot of apps are not being updated to use the different tile sizes and many people are reporting live tile issues..
Remember WP 7.x is now in legacy status!!
02-22-2013, 12:13 AM #4
- 87 Posts
Yeah 3 weeks and counting is a frustrating wait. My carrier here in New Zealand told me the update was tested and approved for their network in mid Dec so its all down to Microsoft to flick the switch on it. Can't really understand the holdup given the relatively few users
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM #5
- 7 Posts
Nokia says this update should have had rolled out like within 3 weeks: Get even more from your Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 7.8 – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
And they ask us to contact the carrier if we dont get an update within the 3 weeks. ATT customer support plays dumb to WP 7.8 or atleast acts it that way.
Way to go Microsoft. This is how you treat the people who bought your Windows phones when no one else did.
- By LongLeggs in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
- By mase123987 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM
- By v10type-r in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 7Last Post: 04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
- By mbranscum in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 4Last Post: 04-15-2012, 04:29 PM
- By mrwatson77 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:27 AM