Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    sdreamer,
    I think you figured it out! That must be it, although my friend who has my phone didn't get her update, and she's in an LTE area according the ATT's map, but maybe the map is wrong.

For anyone curious:
    You can see LTE coverege here by clicking on the yellow dots: AT&T 4G LTE - Get 4G Speed with AT&T 4G LTE & 4G HSPA+

I hope you all get your updates soon!! The smaller tiles make a huge difference when it comes to organizing your tiles--it's really nice and don't forget too that if you have your picture tile on random, it now just uses the photos from your favorites album....LOVE that feature! Every time I turn on my phone, I get to see a different photo I love.

Surely you'll have it by the end of the month? I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Day 12 still no 7.8 update on AT&T.

I'm in a LTE area and I cannot get the update.

using the trick where you enable Airplane mode>Disable WiFi> Plug in Phone>click update >in network& Sharing (have window open) right click adapter and disable: This trick i used to get 7.10.8779.8

but nothing else at all. no ther methods working at all

Screw it, used seveneighter

Got the 7.8 update day of release via Zune disconnect trick, then updated our 2 Focii via Rogers Registry change. Very happy with the new software as we shop for new phones this summer. Having a hard time deciding between the 920 and waiting for new phones in the fall. A good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by fpostrow View Post
    Got the 7.8 update day of release via Zune disconnect trick, then updated our 2 Focii via Rogers Registry change. Very happy with the new software as we shop for new phones this summer. Having a hard time deciding between the 920 and waiting for new phones in the fall. A good problem to have.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong then. I've tried at least a dozen times with no luck. Maybe you can clarify some things for me. Should WiFi be on or off on my phone? What about cellular?

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    What worked for me:

I got a notification saying a new update was available.
    I plugged my phone into my computer and updated through Zune.
    Wi-Fi was turned on (though not sure this made a difference).
    After the update (not 7.8), I was informed there was another update available, which was odd--I don't know why Zune didn't install all the updates at once.
    I repeated the steps above.
    I kept running into an error message when it was trying to intstall the 7.8 update.
    I restarted my phone and my computer, which fixed the problem, and I had a new phone...well...a new homescreen anyway! :-)

I was disappointed in the news of our phones not getting the WP8 update, but at least they gave us the 7.8 update with the option for different tile sizes, which for me, was the major appeal for WP8. I loved 7.5, but 7.8 is just so awesome....LONG LIVE WINDOWS PHONE!!! Off-Topic: I read up on how WP is doing today, because I would be so bummed in the future if I had to switch over to Android or iPhone...nice platforms, but WP is such a breeze to work with...it's perfect for my needs. Though it's slow to grow in the market, it looks like WP is here for the long-haul...good news! :)

got mine through disconnect method
    Last edited by ttxzee; 02-11-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    VERY in-depth Surface 2 VS Surface RT: http://youtu.be/93mCnCNZuKY
    Surface Wireless Adapter unbox / in-depth look: http://youtu.be/UIrP4aeyv0U
    Surface Wireless Adapter + Typing Cover = generic keyboard & mouse: http://youtu.be/iPo_fym6bUk
    Lumia 920 PureView OIS explained: http://youtu.be/BOkkiKx36YU
    Tutorial: how to unlock Lumia 920: http://youtu.be/-79nDN3s-pc
    Lumia 920 loose battery FIX: http://youtu.be/MpS2XncKxSU

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Still waiting... nothing is working for me. I'm wondering if the update thing checks the value on the phone instead of contacting a server.

Still no update for me (Lumia 900 on ATT).
    I have done this--> Tip: How to add EDGE/3G/4G selector to your Nokia Lumia 900 settings | WMPoweruser to add the E/3G/4G options to my phone and I am usually on EDGE since I have a limited data plan.
    Wonder if this affects in anyway. I mean, are you supposed to be on LTE for your phone to be eligible for an update?

Used seveneighter in the end, does anyone else get a Nokia update attempt and fail after?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Allman View Post
    Used seveneighter in the end, does anyone else get a Nokia update attempt and fail after?
    The fact is... it should just work. We shouldn't have to use any 3rd party or indie scripts... unplug any cables... or do any of that crap... They should give us the friggen file... let us open up Zune... and point to it and update our phone. Simple. I am very frustrated. I have a 920... but my wife has a 900... There is no reason why she shouldn't be able to update her phone especially since we were early adopters of the 900. I don't understand what is so difficult....
    Thanked by:
    scdkad 
    scdkad and gedzum like this.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I definitely agree with Dethzilla that nobody should be having to use 3rd party software, scripts, etc. for this. However, it was announced that the update would be given out sometime this month, February, and well, it's still February. :) My guess is that for whatever reason, and despite how unfair it is, they just can't send the updates to all users, all at once, even for users of the same phone. :( At least that's what I hope is going on. Hopefully in a couple weeks, everyone will have their updates! I have a friend with a 900 who is waiting as well. It's worth the wait--7.8 rocks!!!

I was happy to see my phone say "New update available" 2 days ago..

Today it still said update available, until I plugged it into ZUNE click update and now it says NO UPDATE AVAILABLE!

Way to tease AT&T !!!!

I guess I missed my rolled window and have to wait for the next window! Still stuck at 7.10.8779.8

It was only 2 days on notice!

I still don't have my update yet either and none of the force tricks are working (Lumia 900 AT&T)
    Frustrating

I am still waiting here :( I have tried updating many times with the windows phone mac software but get nothing. Im using a Lumia 800 on the UK EE network. I have rang them and nokia and phones 4 u where I purchased and they just say they dont know. I'm getting really frustrated now I have waited for the best part of a year since then announced it last year for it to come. Its bad enough that they decided not to push wp8 onto the older lumia devices which to be fair are not even old yet...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyWindows View Post
    Forgot to mention--my 900 is with ATT, and I got the update. What's up with this?
    Where do you live?

18 days later and still nothing here in Colorado.

I have a lumia 900 via AT&T and I've been trying to do the Zune unplug force for weeks and finally was able to update my phone tonight. I'm an hour south of Pittsburgh PA

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I tried and tried to force the update with no success, then finally decided to use seveneighter. All went well
    and immediately after booting up from the seveneighter install, Zune told me there was an update available.
    Installed it, and am now up to date. (AT&T, North Carolina).
    Last edited by DrJay1; 02-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Anybody having Live Tile problems when using 78'er? I used that method to update wife's Titan I and now the only 3 tiles that were pinned stopped updating. USAT, Weather Channel, and CNN. Un-install, reboot, re-install, re-pin no help..
    That is why I prefer not to force 7.8 on my Lumia 900 because I have enough tile problems as is..

Still no update

Nokia says this update should have had rolled out like within 3 weeks: Get even more from your Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 7.8 – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
    And they ask us to contact the carrier if we dont get an update within the 3 weeks. ATT customer support plays dumb to WP 7.8 or atleast acts it that way.
    Way to go Microsoft. This is how you treat the people who bought your Windows phones when no one else did.

Quote Originally Posted by scdkad View Post
    Anybody having Live Tile problems when using 78'er? I used that method to update wife's Titan I and now the only 3 tiles that were pinned stopped updating. USAT, Weather Channel, and CNN. Un-install, reboot, re-install, re-pin no help..
    That is why I prefer not to force 7.8 on my Lumia 900 because I have enough tile problems as is..
    maybe re download those apps.