Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smsmith1975

I've had my Lumia 900 since the summer. It's worked with my Rackspace email from work without a problem until last Friday.

In the past, my emails would show up on my phone, on my Rackspace web account and my Thunderbird at work. If I deleted an email from my phone, it would not remove that email from the server when the phone would sync (every 15 minutes). This is how I wanted it to work. I like to only see NEW emails on my phone when I travel for work, but would like to be able to delete them from the phone so only new messages show without the emails being deleted from the Rackspace server. I like to keep the old emails so I can review them when I get back to the office and be able to move or keep a record of them.

Starting last Friday, emails deleted from the phone started to delete from Thunderbird and the webmail when the phone would sync. I don't want this to happen. I took my phone to the AT&T store near my house over the weekend and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working when it HAD for 5 months. I called support for Rackspace this morning and they were no help either. AT&T is blaming Rackspace and Rackspace is blaming the phone.

It's probably a change at Rackspace's end, since there are no options to leave mail on the server in the mail app. Log in to your mail account from your browser and look for settings there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.