- 12-17-2012, 01:27 PM #2
Mine's cracked too.. I've looked online for parts to fix it myself, but it looks like it'd be cheaper just to file and insurance claim on it with at&t ($120)
If you find cheaper parts, let me know..
Good luck and I hate it for ya!
- 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM #9
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered a screen+tools from ebay.. It came in, and I replaced the screen (it was easier than I thought).
One problem: the bottom buttons aren't very sensitive.. They aren't lit up completely as well. Before (even with a cracked screen) I could barely touch the back button or search button and it would immediately react. Now I have to use the meaty part of my thumb and rub it around and around, and eventually it will react.. PLUS: sometimes the buttons will just react on their own.. I will be watching a youtube video or reading an email, and the "speak to command" menu will pop up..
Is this a bad screen, or do I not have it hooked up right?
- 01-13-2013, 01:54 PM #10Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
- 01-14-2013, 11:10 PM #11
I bought the $80 used screen off ebay. It works perfectly. My 900 is not new so I figured what the hey. It actually looks more crisp and my pictures look better on it. Mine was v04 and the replacement was v06. My screen was not broken it was just scratched qnd drove me crazy. I now have a brand new phone. Long live Lord Vader!
- By socialcarpet in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 10-28-2012, 03:58 PM
- By Damien606 in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 3Last Post: 09-18-2012, 04:36 PM
- By Lumiaphusr in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2012, 07:59 PM
- By Rebelatheart in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 04-30-2012, 10:56 PM
- By mobster011 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM