Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. dylk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone tried to update to 7.8 using Nokia suite, I can't seem to get Nokia suite to find the firmware I download and I'm beginning to think that maybe I can only use matching product codes to your phone, which is not available. Basically when o hit refurbish after placing firmware in appropriate place it won't recognize it
    Cheers
  2. SleepyTheDon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'd like to update my Lumia 900 to 7.8 also before i run out and buy a 810 (lateral move) because im on T-Mobile and the 920 on ATT is not unlocked.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dylk View Post
    Has anyone tried to update to 7.8 using Nokia suite, I can't seem to get Nokia suite to find the firmware I download and I'm beginning to think that maybe I can only use matching product codes to your phone, which is not available. Basically when o hit refurbish after placing firmware in appropriate place it won't recognize it
    Cheers
    Nokia suite is for Symbian phones. You'll need Zune. If that doesn't work, get the windows phone app on the windows store, or the windows phone desktop app.
  4. dylk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
       #4  
    Just a follow up, I suprisingly i got it to work and 7.8 is great, exactly what i wanted, a fresh look to start screen live tiles etc. For anyone interested, How to Install Windows Phone 7.8 on Lumia Devices from NaviFirm - Softpedia. When downloading firmware if your specific variant isnt there, update another and simply change the file name that mention the vairant to yours. Sounds sketchy but it worked perfectly for me - which is what confused me.
    Thanked by:
  5. giggles's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #5  
    dylk is LTE working for you?

    also technically since they were able to put wp8 on the hd7. If we were able to get a compatible wp8 900 rom or rom coudlnt we update our phone using this method?
  6. AlexRodriguezNY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #6  
    I installed 7.8 on my HD7 using a custom rom. It has all the 7.8 features plus a few extras like the ability to install Nokia apps and choose different marketplaces.Also you have more colors plus you can change the background color with more options other than light or dark
  7. Lumis90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Nokia suite is for Symbian phones. You'll need Zune. If that doesn't work, get the windows phone app on the windows store, or the windows phone desktop app.
    Well not at all...it works great with Lumias
  8. dsutton01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #8  
    Using navifirm, i can see that the latest firmware for my Lumia 900 (RM-808) is the same firmware I already have on it, which is 7.5.

    Anyone know where I can download 7.8? Am I missing something? Perhaps 7.8 is available from an international version of the 900?

    Thanks.
  9. vbraun's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  
    Which variant did you download...
  10. dsutton01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbraun View Post
    which variant did you download...
    rm-808, 2175.2301.8779.12223
  11. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #11  
    Is this only for 900's or all lumias?
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
  12. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dylk View Post
    Just a follow up, I suprisingly i got it to work and 7.8 is great, exactly what i wanted, a fresh look to start screen live tiles etc. For anyone interested, How to Install Windows Phone 7.8 on Lumia Devices from NaviFirm - Softpedia. When downloading firmware if your specific variant isnt there, update another and simply change the file name that mention the vairant to yours. Sounds sketchy but it worked perfectly for me - which is what confused me.
    are you in the states? And does anyone know if we can put the actual update on if/when we flash it? I don't mind the lack of lte support for a month or so because it's not in my area. I saw them turning it off/on a couple weeks ago, so I know it's coming ;)
    Also, any follow up?
  13. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #13  
    Does anyone have trouble installing the NokiaSuite? I'm having loads of trouble, I've been working at it for hours... it keeps giving me the error message that I need to install "http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/B/B/6BB661D6-A8AE-4819-B79F-236472F6070C/vcredist_x86.exe", and when I try, it does not recognize it or something. I've been trying every workaround I can think of... HELP!!!!
  14. djosa242's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    Does anyone have trouble installing the NokiaSuite? I'm having loads of trouble, I've been working at it for hours... it keeps giving me the error message that I need to install "http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/B/B/6BB661D6-A8AE-4819-B79F-236472F6070C/vcredist_x86.exe", and when I try, it does not recognize it or something. I've been trying every workaround I can think of... HELP!!!!
    Nokia Care Suite Tutorial
    Thanked by:
  15. jhlin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #15  
    Hi, does internet sharing work after you update it to 7.8? thanks.
  16. jhlin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dylk View Post
    Just a follow up, I suprisingly i got it to work and 7.8 is great, exactly what i wanted, a fresh look to start screen live tiles etc. For anyone interested, How to Install Windows Phone 7.8 on Lumia Devices from NaviFirm - Softpedia. When downloading firmware if your specific variant isnt there, update another and simply change the file name that mention the vairant to yours. Sounds sketchy but it worked perfectly for me - which is what confused me.
    Hi, does internet sharing work after you update it to 7.8? thanks.
  17. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #17  
    Anyone on their L900 for att have success? Which rom did you flash?
  18. Lumis90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #18  
    Just check what RM is yours and your country/carrier version.
  19. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #19  
    Well my rm is 808, and carrier version is att. So I guess I can't get 7.8 yet :(
  20. Lumis90's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #20  
    At least for now. On January maybe it'll show on navifirm
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Updating to Mango... Zune player version?
    By Winning Guy in forum Developers Corner
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
  2. How to update to mango beta for dummies like myself?
    By mutize23 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 12:59 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 07:29 AM
  4. Can't update to NoDo even though I'm on revision 1.3
    By ali.fazal in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions