Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am hoping someone can help me.

I am looking at updating my nephews Lumia 900 with the 7.8 rom and will use the Finnish Rom as I have heard that will work well with Optus as well so that is covered.
    The issue I am having is that my Windows 8 machines refuse to see the Lumia 900. (For the most part)

Every 8th or 9th time Zune will see the Lumia but the Product Support Store does not see the phone or on the odd occasion Zune actually sees it, it shows as USB1: Unknown product and refuses to allow me to flash the firmware.

It will keep coming up with the instructions telling me to remove the USB cable, power down the phone and press volume up and resinsert the USB cable and then click retry. I do this and all it does is then bring up the same screen again and again.

I am not too sure what is happening but I want to update this phone before I give it to my nephew for Christmas so am hoping I can get some assistance.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Reinstalling Zune did the trick.