12-13-2012, 04:57 AM #1
- 5 Posts
I have a Lumia 900 and when i try to use internet sharing its telling me to contact AT&T to add it to my plan. I live in New Zealand which will mean I cant add it to my AT&T plan since they don't exist here.
Is there anyway for me to unlock it? Ive seen a mention of 1 person who called them up and got a code but I dont know if it is possible. Would explaining my situation likely result in that or are they just going to tell me im stuck with it because im in a different country?
I know its a long shot but is there any other way to access it? It's a feature I really want from a phone.
- 12-27-2012, 01:54 PM #5
There are other threads on this forum which indicate that flashing the TelCel Mexican LTE variant ROM will result in a working Internet Sharing function, with no bloatware, refer the posts by tomcahill. I have read reports on these threads about some people successfully flashing ATT devices (with working LTE), while others have not, so YMMV.
12-28-2012, 06:49 AM #6
- 35 Posts
ive got a Rogers Lumia 900 rm-808 ( i know its not AT&T ) but you can try , internet sharing didnt worked either ( i use my phone on Fido network) ,
1.i called my carrier to activate internet sharing in my carrier account (no cost )
2. go to your phone: Settings , About , reset your phone ( it will erase everything on it ) and thats it! now it works even without network setup app!
windowsphone must store settings from simcard on first time use, and keeps em! so you need to do a reset!
Last edited by vinscg; 12-28-2012 at 07:06 AM.
- By scolab in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 15Last Post: 12-08-2012, 11:45 PM
- By L3PT in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 25Last Post: 10-15-2012, 11:03 PM
- By rybob1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM
- By en0xusa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2012, 01:41 PM
- By Duvi in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 01-13-2012, 08:52 PM