- 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM #2
A long press of the windows button activates voice comman/assistant whatever its called. It \'s a feature. Sometimes it clomes on even when I havent to my knowledge press the windows button at all.If you lock your scfreen with a password it should not be activating like that.Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM #4
- 27 Posts
I've noticed something similar. If I have music playing and am reading in the Kindle app for a while, when I press the Windows button to get back to the home screen, it triggers the voice activation but doesn't go to the home screen. So it seems like if the speakers are active but the app that is using them is not the active app, the voice activation gets triggered. I work around it by using the volume key to call up the music controls and pause the song. Then I can get back to the home screen.
- 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM #5
I had this problem on my old Lumia 900. I had a white one, sold it, and bought a blue one, and now I haven't had the problem since. One thing I've noticed is the vibration and screens seem different (screen had more of a yellow tint on my old 900) and the vibration is much stronger (to where I can actually notice it in my pocket now lol).
I think some just have defective parts and screens, as another annoying thing that would happen is if I pressed the back button it would register as a long press ALL THE TIME. It got really annoying, which led to me selling it and finding one that didn't have these issues (plus I like the blue better than the white one).
- By JohnDoes in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:12 PM
- By Shane Sims in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM
- By BevT in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
- By nuelletaino in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 4Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:56 AM
- By syang87 in forum Samsung Focus Flash 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 01-24-2012, 02:29 PM