Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Late yesterday and into today I have been having issues with my Yahoo Mail. Last night I kept getting a screen that said something like "info not updated" or close to that. The cursor was on the password area. I've tried only entering my password as well as my username and password. That doesn't work. I've gone into system>email+accounts and under Yahoo! Mail is says "Attention required" but when I tap that it takes me to a screen that says Yahoo! Mail password is incorrect...Update your password for winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and tap save. When I do that it takes my to the email+accounts screen again, showing that Yahoo! Mail is syncing. But that doesn't work. Again, I get the "Attention required" ...actually sometimes it says "not up to date" and sometimes it just kicks me out to the system screen.

I've also gone into Yahoo! Mail and selected settings from the 3 dots option. When I select "sync settings" and scroll down to the password area it shows 16 dots representing characters for my password. My password does not have that many characters. If I change it and select the check mark, it takes me back to the yahoo! mail settings screen. I've tried two different options at that point: 1 is to select the check mark and 2 is to select "sync settings" neither of which solves the problem.

I've tried connecting my phone to my computer and updating in Zune. I've tried turning my phone off. Nothing seems to help.

Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do about this? What would happen if I deleted this account and then went back in and added the same account again?

I appreciate any help with this. I have no idea what the **** is going on or how to fix it. Thanks!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just got the "info not updated" message again. Here's what it says when I tap on it: Yahoo! Mail error......last updated 'x' hours ago......We're having a problem updating (dang, it kicked me out before I could finish, don't remember the rest) something about checking to make sure my information is correct and it had an error code at the bottom. Don't remember it but it had Zeros and Eights in it.....Got it. It's Error code: 800C0000

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Anybody else experience this?
    When I used to use yahoo as my primary account, I had to subscribe to yahoo plus to get pop3 access, is this still the case?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    When I used to use yahoo as my primary account, I had to subscribe to yahoo plus to get pop3 access, is this still the case?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    No I have a yahoo email account on mine working just fine. I did see this happen to me a while back and I kept having to enter the password to sync then it would do it again. Went away after a couple days so I assumed it was on Yahoo's end.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    No, WP and iOS use IMAP and do not need Yahoo Plus -- it's free. I don't know what the issue is or how to fix it, but it's not POP related. Might be a Yahoo server problem.

Your not alone, I'm having this very issue and its frustrating. Hoping for a fix...

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I3O5T0IV View Post
    Your not alone, I'm having this very issue and its frustrating. Hoping for a fix...
    Thanks for replying. It is frustrating. I'm also having other issues now. My phone is really slow and lagging. Never had this problem until the email thing. I feel like this phone is suddenly falling apart. Considering a hard reset. But I'm not sure what all is involved with that. I did connect to Zune, so all my pics, videos, music etc should be backed up there. What would it hurt to try? Any help on trying this would be appreciated.
    It looks like Yahoo mail has been experiencing issues during the past 24 hrs. Is Yahoo Mail down? Check status and report outages at downrightnow

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've had issues with with my email for the past week.
    Quote Originally Posted by PossumDel View Post
    I've had issues with with my email for the past week.
    Is it only with Yahoo, or is it with all of your email accounts?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Oh cr*p, my Yahoo! Mail app went crazy too. Since last tuesday it won't synch no matter what I do... in Config/Emails and Accounts Yahoo! is either in grey or with the "not updated" message.
    What the heck is going on?
    Just for testing a added my Google Account and it's behaving just like Yahoo!...no syching, nothing

:-O
    Last edited by Mordor2112; 12-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    What happens if you delete it and add it again?

Global Posts
    2,186 Global Posts
    I just bit the bullett and added my sbcglobal.net email just no problems setting upo enetred email address and password synched right away.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Sounds like you have a virus

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    You can't get viruses on Windows Phone... Right?

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    I got two emails from Yahoo people yesterday. I decided to change my Yahoo password but now my WP will not sync. It keeps saying attention required even though the password is correct. If it does take it and sync, next time it tries to sync it says attention required again. This is happening to me and my wife. Two different 920s, two different Yahoo accounts. We both updated our passwords now we can't use the account on our WP's.

Get rid of Yahoo Email... Problem solved.
    I have an ymail account and I can't get it to work on my phone either. Need help.

Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    Dear,

when you are going to access your yahoomail please go to www.yahoomail.com

And Then Access your mail id

plesae go to setting menu on your mail id

to select POP & Forwarding is after click
    Access Yahoo! Mail via POP this option you have to click on
    if you done all of the setps . then you try to access you phone
    i hope it will work

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelacoma View Post
    . . . Yahoo! Mail is says "Attention required" but when I tap that it takes me to a screen that says Yahoo! Mail password is incorrect...Update your password for winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and tap save. When I do that it takes my to the email+accounts screen again, showing that Yahoo! Mail is syncing. But that doesn't work. Again, I get the "Attention required" ...actually sometimes it says "not up to date" and sometimes it just kicks me out to the system screen.
    I'm having the same problem as the first poster. Frequent (and I mean FREQUENT) requests to update the password. I recently changed my yahoo password and all seemed well till a few days ago. I can't get the phone to properly save the password and sync my yahoo account. Anyone with suggestions?

PS: already deleted and added the account back. also did a reboot and a soft restart with no luck. I can access mail via the browser with no problem. My Nokia 920 is the only device of the several I have with this issue.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. Always asking to update acct info. And when I update, it just asks again.

It been an on and off issue for me for only past couple month. I suspect it is yahoo problem because sometimes it works.

I have use yahoo imap since 2007 and never had a problem until recently. Ver frustrating indeed.
    Not sure if this makes a difference, my Imac 2011, keeps on asking for my yahoo password in mail. Not sure of the issue, it started last week, then it stopped all the sudden. It might be an issue on the yahoo side.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yes, very frustrating indeed.

I did get it to sync last night after moving several days work of inbox emails to a temporary folder. Thought maybe I had a corrupted message and that was the problem. Got messages early this morning, too, but know it's back to not syncing and asking for my password OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Doesn't look like the corrupted message theory was the problem. Trying to get assistance from @windowsphonesupport.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    The solution is very simple. Create an outlook account and forward yahoo mail to your new outlook account.

https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?...&lc=1033&lic=1

I had a similar problem with Gmail. Now I have an outlook account and Gmail forwarding the email.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast