Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ToddMcDermid
  • 2 Post By ArtSooby
  • 1 Post By snowmutt
  • 1 Post By joeaux

I just installed an update via Zune for my 900 that takes it to firmware 2175.2301.8779.12224.
    I'm on Rogers in Canada.

It's only two numbers higher than my last firmware (12222), was billed as a "Nokia Update", with no details...
    Xsever likes this.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddMcDermid View Post
    I just installed an update via Zune for my 900 that takes it to firmware 2175.2301.8779.12224.
    I'm on Rogers in Canada.

It's only two numbers higher than my last firmware (12222), was billed as a "Nokia Update", with no details...
    Same situation as you!
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Same situation as you!
    I just updated my phone in Hong Kong and the firmware version is now 2175.2503.8779.12301

I received the same 2175.2301.8779.12224 firmware update too. I'm curious to know what this update fixes/includes...

Only other item I found online was this:

Re: New firmware update for Lumia 900 - Rogers Community

Kinda afraid to update after the last firmware disabled my internet sharing.. think I'll wait for a changelog to see if it's even worth it.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Is this ROM update for AT&T as well?

Hmmm, I'm still on 12222, but haven't plugged in to check for an update yet.

Fellow Rogers Lumia 900 members, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have to ask. With the Mango update, are you guys able to record a video and send it via SMS? I have only been successful once in doing so, apart from that anytime I try to attach a video it goes through the process but never shows up in the message :(

Is it Rogers or it is my phone?

I got the update too for this firmware 2175.2301.8779.12224, but if you look a little bite down, you will see that the radio software and hardware versions have changed too as well as the SOC version.

Ho! And my Marketplace logo Have changed too ... it have an "n" on the box :)

I just got more infos about the update. Kenny from Nokia (via the chat support) listed me the changes made:

- The updates enhanced sensitivity for proximity sensor performance;
    - Latest version of Flip to silence (silence incoming calls by turning your phone face down);
    - Performance enhancements when phone starts up;
    - Enhanced camera performance, including improvements when launching the camera while the phone is locked;
    - and finally, some applications will be enhance (this explain why marketplace logo is changed).

So, that's it! ... and I tried to ask "when we will have the next Windows Phone 7.8 update" ... I got a big preset answer :P ... too bad!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Yet more signs how much Nokia is taking care of their own. Main reason I will be sporting a Nokia with WP8. Happy for you all, and I am sure none of you need to rush to grab anything new. The 900 will be supported.
    "Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
    -John Wayne

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of keeping my 900 and running 7.8 as my "just in case phone." WTH why not??
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Nokia's commitment and support to WP is unrivaled so far.

If any of the other OEMs hope to be the top WP handset maker, they will need to seriously need to rethink their customer service and support.

There are a few tech geeks that care about little specs here or there. But most people really just want a pleasant experience. And only a small portion of that is actually the hardware.

No update here for me AT&T

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Any update with anyone on Rogers and internet sharing? I really do not want to go without internet sharing again.

#firstworldproblems
    Thanked by:

I'm with Rogers and had no issue with internet sharing with this update, unlike the last one that killed my internet sharing.

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    yes im with Rogers too and internet sharing works again.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yeah, no update on AT&T here yet either. And yup, I"m all over the 920 as soon as it's out. Nokia has proven time and time again that they stand behind their products. I paid nothing for this White 900 due to the $100 back from Nokia and everything about the phone is rock solid as of now.
    -joe-
    Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
    DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
    Some Stuff
    Xsever likes this.

Judging by the prior posts this upday may be only for Canadian owners.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.