Hello, I have

FW: 8779

I was wondering if Rogers has released OS: 8773 yet, because my Zune shows there is no update, but I see others have OS 8779!

Can anyone help me? Would I have to force-update?

Judging by the conversation in this thread I'd say the answer is 'no', and it appears to be causing issues with phone functionality.

Only those who have manually flashed their phones appear to have both OS and Firmware versions of 8779.

Quote Originally Posted by pdjcrawford View Post
    Judging by the conversation in this thread I'd say the answer is 'no', and it appears to be causing issues with phone functionality.

Only those who have manually flashed their phones appear to have both OS and Firmware versions of 8779.
    According to that thread it seems as if 8773 is the one causing issues and 8779 has the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoma View Post
    According to that thread it seems as if 8773 is the one causing issues and 8779 has the fix.
    It certainly looks like the mismatch between the OS and FW versions may be the reason based upon the anecdotal reporting in that thread, though I don't know that I would say that 8779 has "the fix" in it. I was mismatched for most of the time I've had the phone prior to manually upgrading to 8779 and my phone always worked with respect to internet sharing. But it does seem that this particular coupling is problematic.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am on Rogers. I got the message that an update was available. I connected to Zune and nothing appears.

I called Rogers and was directed to Tech Support.

Tech Support dirercted me to NOKIA.

Nokia directed me to Rogers.

Rogers Tech Support told me Rgers does not handle the Updates.

Not only that, they could not put me in touch with anybody that could help me.

FRUSTRATING to say the least, and laughable. :mad:

Damn you Rogers!! My Lumia 900 is now a paperweight :(.

hello everyone!
    The Nokia Lumia 900 is an astonishing smartphone which render you great hardware with latest Window OS version.....
    900 OS : Nokia Lumia 900 Deals: Pay Monthly Contracts on O2, TMobile, Vodafone, Orange
    Thanks
    Axelleder

Why thank you for being so very informative axel.

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExBB View Post
    I am on Rogers. I got the message that an update was available. I connected to Zune and nothing appears.

I called Rogers and was directed to Tech Support.

Tech Support dirercted me to NOKIA.

Nokia directed me to Rogers.

Rogers Tech Support told me Rgers does not handle the Updates.

Not only that, they could not put me in touch with anybody that could help me.

FRUSTRATING to say the least, and laughable. :mad:

I went through the exact same ordeal. I just gave up and flashed my phone with the Nokia Care Suite. It wiped my phone and I had to reload all my apps (which is a million times easier if you do it through your browser) but I am now updated to 8779 and my ocd has settled down for now. lol. Bring on 7.8! Lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by jusdis View Post
    I went through the exact same ordeal. I just gave up and flashed my phone with the Nokia Care Suite. It wiped my phone and I had to reload all my apps (which is a million times easier if you do it through your browser) but I am now updated to 8779 and my ocd has settled down for now. lol. Bring on 7.8! Lets do this!
    From what has been posted here the only way to get Internet Sharing to work after the Tango software update is to reset the phone immediately after. If that's the case there really is zero reason not to use NCS to do the whole thing yourself if you are up to the challenge. You have to reinstall everything anyway but this way you get it all, OS and firmware. And it isn't that hard. I'm hardly a "tech geek" and I found the process as documented in these forums quite straightforward.